Adding an adult

Ok, I want to make sure I’m thinking correctly because what fil told me doesn’t compute.

I’m going to WDW in June w/ 3 kids, fil, mil, neice. Dh isn’t sure he can go at this point. (He’s supposed to start school in May.) We’re paid up already for 3 nights/4 days at POFQ, QS DDP, Park Hoppers. If we add dh are there any fee’s to add a last minute guest?etc? Do they just add him to everything and we pay a difference or what? Also, we used a PIN code from fil’s WDW Visa.

For some reason I keep wanting to say he cannot partake of the deal w/ us for the room discount, or am I just totally lost and confused?

Thanks!

I believe there is a fee for each adult over 2 in a room if you have booked a room only reservation. If it’s just you and two (or three of one is 2 or under) there wouldn’t be a charge but if there are already two adults booked in the room there will be a charge. The amount depends on the resort, I think it’s $15 a night at moderate resorts.

If you have a package booked then he will have to be added and pay for the same package everyone else int the room has. I have heard that if you wait to add him when you arrive he won’t have to have the package. I’m too much of a planner to do that so I would just call and add him as soon as I knew he was going.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1017821]I believe there is a fee for each adult over 2 in a room if you have booked a room only reservation. If it’s just you and two (or three of one is 2 or under) there wouldn’t be a charge but if there are already two adults booked in the room there will be a charge. The amount depends on the resort, I think it’s $15 a night at moderate resorts.

If you have a package booked then he will have to be added and pay for the same package everyone else int the room has. I have heard that if you wait to add him when you arrive he won’t have to have the package. I’m too much of a planner to do that so I would just call and add him as soon as I knew he was going.[/QUOTE]

Dt is 100% correct.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1017821]I believe there is a fee for each adult over 2 in a room if you have booked a room only reservation. If it’s just you and two (or three of one is 2 or under) there wouldn’t be a charge but if there are already two adults booked in the room there will be a charge. The amount depends on the resort, I think it’s $15 a night at moderate resorts.

If you have a package booked then he will have to be added and pay for the same package everyone else int the room has. I have heard that if you wait to add him when you arrive he won’t have to have the package. I’m too much of a planner to do that so I would just call and add him as soon as I knew he was going.[/QUOTE]

There are me, and 2 kids in 1 rm. So 1 adult. Fil/Mil’s room there is a 13 yr old and 10 yr (at time of trip). So he’d be added to my room. he has to see if he gets into this class first. Then we’ll know if he’s going.

Once you know you can call and add him to the room and to your package.

We are in the same position, we have me, DH, DS 12, and my brother going, Then yesterday my cousins decided they may want to join us ( 3 more people) and last night DS 29, decided he may come as well. :eek: I don’t want to play with our ADR’s on the chance that all will decide not to come along, what to do!!:laugh:

I should just bite the bullet and call and ask how much he’d be. Dh said fil said the cost of a PH ticket, but I’m thinking that didn’t include the DDP. He needs to be on the DDP, I’m not about to share my mug!:pirate:

Everyone in the rooms has to have to same package so he will need to be added to the dining plan if the other people in the room have the dining pan.

My DD 11 plays this game every year EXCEPT I dont allow her anymore!!! I know you DH is going to school but what Im saying is May2008 I went to Disney~ it started out to be myself and MadisonDD8~ Then mommom wanted to come~ Then my aunt so we were all booked for value,tickets DDP ME and airfare. Then LAST MINUTE (like 3 days) my oldest DD said that she really wanted to come. SO I was able to book her with us but they made us upgrade to a resort that held 5 people and thank jesus I was able to find her a seat on the same plane because if not she wasnt going to fly by herself. They did allow us to add another. I dont think they will refuse money :laugh: but we did have to change our resort and pay an extra adult fee in the room.

You’re right, you should call to ask to be sure. Disney Teacher is absolutely correct that there is an additional adult charge for more than 2 adults in a room. There should be no problem adding DH or getting him PH ticket, but the real question is the DDP. There is a time limit in which you can add the DDP: it’s about 2 weeks prior to your arrival. So, you can’t wait until the last minute. That said, if he is in the same room, on the same package, it may not be a problem. This is why you should call to find out for sure now. Disney also will charge a reservation change fee if changes are made less than 44 days prior to your arrival. That may be another consideration you should check out.

years ago before DVC,I always booked through CR(central reservations) the reason was the planning and versatility was greater than disney travel,changes,cancelations could made later,payments later,I don’t even know now if the 2 forms still exist,when we do go outside DVC,we book room only,no DDP,and we are annual passholders,so we keep it simple…but good luck …try to find out in the future if CR still exists it used to be far more flexible than disney travel

I believe it’s basically one now. I think you either book a package with the usual package restrictions or you book room only and have the 5 day cancel policy.

can you still add packages later,or the new packages so special that you are forced to book early and be confronted by greater restrictions and penalties

You can still make changes after you book a room only. I think the only difference is the separate companies/numbers don’t really exist as far as I know.

thanks,some of those new promos have to be booked so far in advance ,it must in some cases make it more difficult to plan …how flexible is disney…about some changes…i have a neighbor that is waiting for the latesummer early fall promo with free dining