Adding DDP to Room Only Reservation

When adding DDP to a Room Only Reservation does that make it a package, you know with all the other stuff like the discounts/coupons to do the other things or is it just Room & Food? We did it last year without buying the tickets and got all the extras included but i’ve heard they’ve changed it now. We’re thinking about another trip next summer and wondering where and how long we’ll need to stay.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1054058]When adding DDP to a Room Only Reservation does that make it a package, you know with all the other stuff like the discounts/coupons to do the other things or is it just Room & Food? We did it last year without buying the tickets and got all the extras included but i’ve heard they’ve changed it now. We’re thinking about another trip next summer and wondering where and how long we’ll need to stay.[/QUOTE]Unless you are a DVC owner staying on points, it is IMPOSSIBLE to add the Disney Dining Plan as an a la carte option to a room-only reservation. The DDP is available ONLY as part of a package; it doesn’t exist as an option to add to a room-only reservation.

Disney defines a package as a room + tickets purchased together; booking a room and buying tickets at the Disney Store doesn’t qualify as a package. If you are an Annual Passholder, you don’t need to buy separate tickets, but your reservation will still need to change from a room-only to a package. This is significant because the payment and cancellation terms are very different between a room-only and a package.

Sorry, I guess I need to reclarify… for Military when adding DDP to a Room Only Reservation does that make it a package, you know with all the other stuff like the discounts/coupons to do the other things or is it just Room & Food? We did it last year without buying the tickets and got all the extras included but i’ve heard they’ve changed it now.

Here’s one of the several links found allowing the room/DDP purchase but WON’T allow tics included. Was wondering if the package part of it has changed since last year.
Thanks.
Disney Discounts

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1054177]Sorry, I guess I need to reclarify… for Military when adding DDP to a Room Only Reservation does that make it a package, you know with all the other stuff like the discounts/coupons to do the other things or is it just Room & Food? We did it last year without buying the tickets and got all the extras included but i’ve heard they’ve changed it now.

Here’s one of the several links found allowing the room/DDP purchase but WON’T allow tics included. Was wondering if the package part of it has changed since last year.
Thanks.
Disney Discounts[/QUOTE]

Yeh, until your clarification I had no idea you were asking about MILITARY reservations.

First, thank you for your service!

The link you provided is the first I’ve ever read about that set-up. Sorry that I can’t answer your question.