Adding more points question

Okay, so I think I need to add 25-50 points. I want to pay cash so 50 pts is my max add on for this year.

Anyway…some question if I buy through Disney

1. If I’m only adding adding on those points will Disney still pay closing costs?
  2. My mom loves BC so I was thinking of adding on those points (depending on price)…anyone know what the going rate might be for those (I know it’s sold out but Disney does buy back so I figure they must have some somewhere).

If I go through an outside place to add on, anyone know of a reputable one? I’m familiar with the one that Allears advertises, any others out there?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=zefyr;979762]Okay, so I think I need to add 25-50 points. I want to pay cash so 50 pts is my max add on for this year.

Anyway…some question if I buy through Disney

1. If I’m only adding adding on those points will Disney still pay closing costs?
  2. My mom loves BC so I was thinking of adding on those points (depending on price)…any one know what the going rate might be for those (I know it’s sold out but Disney does buy back so I figure they must have some somewhere).

If I go through an outside place to add on, anyone know of a reputable one? I’m familiar with the one that Allears advertises, any others out there?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

We bought BCV and we were told there are no closing costs on sold out resorts.

I think the going rate for BCV is $109 per point. You will find better deals through resale sites but you will have to pay closing costs and you may find a lot of the contracts have had points borrowed so you’ll have to wait a year or so for points. Small contracts go quickly through resale, you may have to contact the company you want to use and have them watch for the contract you’re look for.

I have used the company but I look at the Timeshare Store often.

We bought our points through the Timeshare Store and were very pleased with them. Our contract had all of its points available for use. When I was searching for a resaler, I found that their closing costs were lower than DVC by Resale. The small contracts go very quicly. so I would contact whichever company you choose to use and let them know what you are looking for. Also, if you get on their mailing list, you get notice of what has come in new before it hits the website.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;979766]We bought BCV and we were told there are no closing costs on sold out resorts.

I think the going rate for BCV is $109 per point. You will find better deals through resale sites but you will have to pay closing costs and you may find a lot of the contracts have had points borrowed so you’ll have to wait a year or so for points. Small contracts go quickly through resale, you may have to contact the company you want to use and have them watch for the contract you’re look for.

I have used the company but I look at the Timeshare Store often.[/QUOTE]

I’d prefer buying through Disney with no closing costs. I did see BC listings on the Allears’ advertised company and the 30 and 50pt listings got snatched up.

My mom can only go to WDW in August. Do you think it won’t be a problem to get a BC villa then, which means I can add on to my AKV (I really wish I bought 200 points instead of the 160 when I first purchased)

I’m on the DVC by Resale mailing list. I’ve got to get on the Timeshare Stores one. Thanks!

[QUOTE=zefyr;979772]I’d prefer buying through Disney with no closing costs. I did see BC listings on the Allears’ advertised company and the 30 and 50pt listings got snatched up.

My mom can only go to WDW in August. Do you think it won’t be a problem to get a BC villa then, which means I can add on to my AKV (I really wish I bought 200 points instead of the 160 when I first purchased)[/QUOTE]

It’s hard to say right now. I have a feeling BLT is going to make getting BCV a little (maybe a lot) easier than it has been in the past. Would 50 points be enough to get you want you want? Are you looking at banking and borrowing so you will have 150 points every three years?

Our friends own at SSR and they have been able to get a 2 bedroom at BCV in June/July several times but it’s always a worry.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;979774]It’s hard to say right now. I have a feeling BLT is going to make getting BCV a little (maybe a lot) easier than it has been in the past. Would 50 points be enough to get you want you want? Are you looking at banking and borrowing so you will have 150 points every three years?

Our friends own at SSR and they have been able to get a 2 bedroom at BCV in June/July several times but it’s always a worry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that’s about how often my mom goes.

Oh wow…that Timeshare Store just contact me. I just put in my info and already someone called to touch base. They’re better than any one of my Disney guides!

:Someone was just sitting there on a Friday night waiting for you to ask about BCV…I’m thinking this was meant to be. :laugh:

[QUOTE=zefyr;979778]Yeah, that’s about how often my mom goes.

Oh wow…that Timeshare Store just contact me. I just put in my info and already someone called to touch base. They’re better than any one of my Disney guides![/QUOTE]

They were awesome to work with. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful and my resale went without a hitch. The only thing I didn’t like was waiting on Disney’s ROFR. It felt like forever, but that was not The Timeshare Store’s fault at all. When I would call and check to see if it had gone through or not, they were always helpful and reassuring. My Disney guide that was assigned to me was not helpful at all. He tried and tried to pressure us into buying BLT or AKV when I insisted that all we wanted was BCV. He is the reason that we went through resale in the first place. I even told him that if he would not sell us BCV I would purchase it through resale.

That’s too bad. When I contacted our guide when we were finally ready to buy in I told her we only wanted BCV. She explained all the special deals offered if we bought at SSR or AKV but once I explained we weren’t interested in those resorts she moved on and got us our points at BCV. She was excellent to work with and wish I had a reason to call her again.

We used the Timeshare store as well and everything went smoothly. Just make sure you understand that Disney has the right of first refusal (if Disney wants to they can buy the points back at the price you are being offered. Lately they have not been buying things back unless it is too good of a deal)

We just bought 175 points and I am now thinking of adding on more once I make the final payment on these points…Shhhhh, DH doesn’t know.

I too want to get something at BCV (we currently own at OKW) But I am sooooo tempted to buy at BLT

I have no experience with resale, but I read there is a minimum you have to pay for closing closes. So with a small contract the total cost might close to disney’s price.