Adding Tickets to room only?

Hello everyone! If you book a room only can you buy park tickets and have them added to your room key card once you arrive? Thanks!

I think if you buy them at the resort they can do it, but if you bring your own that you bought else where they can’t.

I’m pretty sure you can.
Also, there should be no difference in price if you book room only and then add any ticket of any size once you arrive and booking a “room and ticket” package.
That is all the basic “Magic Your Way” vacation package is, room and ticket. The room is priced at rack rate for that day. The ticket pricing is the same for hotel guests as it is for someone just walking up to the gate. Only when you add the dining plan and it’s prepaid meals, do the MYW packages cost more.
Now, if you are a Florida resident, you should be able to get the resident discount on the room if it is available and buy special Florida resident 3 day parkhoppers, which cost less than a 3 day MYW parkhopper.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;921194]I’m pretty sure you can.
Also, there should be no difference in price if you book room only and then add any ticket of any size once you arrive and booking and “room and ticket” package.
That is all the basic “Magic Your Way” vacation package is, room and ticket. The room is priced at rack rate for that day. The ticket pricing is the same for hotel guests as it is for someone just walking up to the gate. Only when you add the dining plan and it’s prepaid meals, do the MYW packages cost more.
Now, if you are a Florida resident, you should be able to get the resident discount on the room if it is available and buy special Florida resident 3 day parkhoppers, which cost less than a 3 day MYW parkhopper.[/QUOTE]

I always get confused with this question because I have never been sucessful with this. I have rented points twice and brought tickets and had the DDP…both time the CM told me that they could not add the tickets to the room unless I purchase them at check in…I am not saying you are wrong…I wonder if I just got people who didn’t know how to do it. I guess I’ll find out next month when I try it for a third time…:laugh::laugh:

Maybe it’s that since you rent the points you cant directly make a package or something. to keep to initial DVC Owner safe. I have no Idea!

but I know if you book room alone and you need tickets after you can just go to concierge after you check in and buy them there. like soundgod said; it doesn’t really make a difference whether you book together or seperate it’s still going to be the same amount.

Yes. We have done this several times and are doing this when we go next month. We book the room through AAA and get a great rate and we purchase the tickets when we check in and they put it all on one “key”.

Yes, we just did that for the first time on our August trip. I checked in and asked the CM if we could add the tickets on. They said they couldn’t at checkin, but to go to the next line over, which I’m assuming was the concierege, and he was able to add the tickets on to the room cards.

We showed up with our tickets and when we checked in they transferred everything onto one card (room and ticket).

(Of course that was us, this may be a perk just for me.)

Maybe it depends on the kind of room discount you have.
We’ve never been able to do it, because we get rooms at the “airline staff” rate, which is strictly “room only.” We can’t get the DDP, and we have to buy tickets separately.

Yes, when we stayed with Jess for GT last year, we all had separate park tickets and they said if we got on the concierge line (the one that does your meals and all) they could do it there but I think we were in a rush and didnt end up doing it.

It actually depends on the type of ticket you have. Some can be added, some can’t. What type do you plan on getting? If regular MYW tickets, no problem. Just head to the concierge desk.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;921269]We showed up with our tickets and when we checked in they transferred everything onto one card (room and ticket).

(Of course that was us, this may be a perk just for me.)[/QUOTE]

I’ll try it again next month and just tell them I know you. That should work.:laugh: