ADR Credit Card Confirmation Weirdness

Okay, so I know that you pay in advance for CRT and that a credit card is required to book V&A’s and California Grill.

I thought that credit cards were required to book all signature restaurants, but I put some in my cart just to play around and see what I could get, and it said that no credit card was required to book. So, I booked Citricos (party of 8) and Todd English’s bluezoo (party of 4).

I went back in two days ago because we made some modifications to our trip, so I figured I would try and book some new ADRs before calling and cancelling the ones I had. I tried to book Todd English’s again for 7 people, but when I checked out, they wanted a credit card number. I went back to look in my cart, and it said that a credit card was required to book. I also had Artist Point in my cart, and no credit card was required. I didn’t want to give them a credit card number, so I got rid of bluezoo and replaced it with Yachtsman Steakhouse. Again, no credit card was required. I was curious and played around a little more, and put a Shula’s Steakhouse in my cart, and it said that a credit card was required.

So far, I have booked Citricos, Artist Point, Todd English’s bluezoo (first time - party of 4), and Yachtsman Steakhouse without giving Disney my credit card number. However, when I was reviewing the details that Disney Dining had e-mailed me, it said that a credit card was required to book and that there would be a charge if not cancelled 24 hours in advance on all three of the Disney signature restaurants, as well as Todd English’s. But I did not give them a credit card number. So they couldn’t really charge me if I was a no-show.

Any explanation to this? Is there a flaw in the system? Should I have kept this to myself so that other people won’t realize this and book w/o credit cards and then be no-shows? I fully intend to cancel the ADRs that I’m not going to use, I was just curious about the “required” credit card.

If they are just in your cart, do you really have them- confirmation #'s and all. If I recall correctly, I would have to put my CC info in right before I received the confirmation #.

Who knows, maybe it was a glitch?!?!

Of the signature restaurants, only California Grill requires a credit card deposit mostly because of the location and observation deck.
CRT requires a credit card because of its massive popularity based on location, not because it is two credits.
V&A requires the credit card deposit because it is a 5 star restaurant and seating is so limited.
The rest of the signatures have never needed a credit card deposit and I’ve eaten at all of them in the passed year. In fact, for October when we ate at Cali Grill and Narcoossee’s and all reservations were made online, Narcoossee’s went right through without a credit card needed.
As for cart versus checked out, you don’t have an actual confirmation until you have the confirmation number at the end of the process.
If you are concerned, I’d suggest making the California Grill reservation by itself, checking out, and then continuing with the rest of your reservations.
bluezoo is not a Disney restaurant, but the time we ate there, we did not need a credit card to hold the reservation either. Shula’s also is not a Disney restaurant, but keep in mind that these Dolphin restaurants are operated by third parties and their rules can be different.

I take back one thing in the above post, I’ve never eaten at Citrico’s.

Yeah, I wouldn’t have thought anything of it, except that I didn’t need a credit card the first time I booked Todd English’s, but I did the second. The only thing I can figure is that when you book for a party of six or more, you need a credit card confirmation.

Then, when I went back to read the fine print, I realized that supposedly, I had to give them my credit card number for Citricos, Artist Point, and Yachtsman Steakhouse, as well.

Oh, well… I was just curious.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1007118]If they are just in your cart, do you really have them- confirmation #'s and all. If I recall correctly, I would have to put my CC info in right before I received the confirmation #.

Who knows, maybe it was a glitch?!?![/QUOTE]

No, you don’t have to give them a credit card number to put them in your cart. I had them in my cart, and in the restaurant details, it either said “No Credit Card Required” or “Credit Card Required.” So, I never actually gave them a credit card number because I was scared they would charge me.

Vicki, they don’t actually charge you until you don’t show up for your reservation.
In that case, they will charge you $10.
Remember the reason for a credit card guarantee is because those places are so popular and they want to create an extra incentive for you to either keep your reservation or cancel that reservation outside the 24 (or 48) hour window so that they can know for sure that you are or aren’t coming and if you aren’t that they can go ahead and give your table to another party.

Okay. I wasn’t sure if the deduction was taken as soon as you make the ADR or as soon as you don’t show up for it.