Adrs for bomas Breakfast

are adrs needed for bomas for breakfast? we will be there 09/10 to the 18th Id like to try bomas but thought breakfast would be safer DH is not too adventurous… we tried tusker house last time and neither one of us liked it at all. do you think we could get in as a walk in?

Did you not like the food or the environment?
I have never been to Boma’s for b-fast but I would assume it has the same African flair that Tusker House would have? Maybe someone could chime in on that.
As far as ADRs, I would make them for any meal you know you will want to have. Never bank on just walking in! :slight_smile:
Good Luck!

Tusker House and Boma are not the same type of offerings.
Boma has a greater variety as well as an omelet station (and usually they can make eggs to order as well) that Tusker House lacks. Tusker House will not even make you an omelet to order in the kitchen as they will at Chef Mickey’s and Cape May Cafe. Tusker House was a miss for me, and add in the fact that we were ignored by the characters even after the character wrangler asked if we’d seen everyone.

Boma is much better, and I think more attractive.
Your main question was, should you make a reservation and my wholehearted reply is, YES.
I am a firm believer in making reservations for any sit down meal I want in WDW. If you wake up the day of and have changed your mind, call and cancel or go to your hotel lobby concierge and cancel and make a different reservation for a different time or place.
You can also do dining reservations and changes at any of the parks’ guest services locations.

You might also get a walk up at Boma closer to closing time (10:30-11 AM or so), but I’d still make the reservation. That way, you don’t have the uncertainty factor.

We stayed at AKL during a value season and ate at Boma on a Sunday morning. We were glad we did adrs because it was packed. I’d say yes.
Great food, by the way!! :happy:

If you go right when they open, it should be easy to get in. The later you make the ADR, the harder it will be to get a seat. You have to figure if people are coming from other resorts, they are going to book a later ADR because they may be using WDW transportation to get there. I have ate breakfast there twice while staying there and had no issues getting in for bfast right in the morning without an ADR.

We ate at Boma’s in December 2010 and even though we had ADR’s we still had to wait 20 minutes to get a table. But once we got our table the food and service was great!

I know you specifically asked about making adrs but I have to say, breakfast at Boma’s was wonderful when we went Dec 09. We are pretty adventuresome but the selection was one that most anyone could find plenty they like. I say try it!

Always make an ADR no matter what time of year you’re travelling, it’s always better to know that you will definatly have a table and takes a lot of preassure off and worrying about what to do if you can’t get in whan you’d like to! Making an ADR doesn’t cost anything and you can always cancel it or change it at Concierge during youre trip (assuming you’re staying onsite?)

Boma offers a wonderful selection! We travel with a very fussy eater who wil not look twice at anything that could be deemed ‘adventurous’. She always fills a few plates and has a very filling breakfast!

This is exactly how I feel and what I always advise.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073364]Tusker House and Boma are not the same type of offerings.
Boma has a greater variety as well as an omelet station (and usually they can make eggs to order as well) that Tusker House lacks. me, and add in the fact that we were ignored by the chaTusker House will not even make you an omelet to order in the kitchen as they will at Chef Mickey’s and Cape May Cafe. Tusker House was a miss forracters even after the character wrangler asked if we’d seen everyone.

Boma is much better, and I think more attractive.
Your main question was, should you make a reservation and my wholehearted reply is, YES.
I am a firm believer in making reservations for any sit down meal I want in WDW. If you wake up the day of and have changed your mind, call and cancel or go to your hotel lobby concierge and cancel and make a different reservation for a different time or place.
You can also do dining reservations and changes at any of the parks’ guest services locations.

You might also get a walk up at Boma closer to closing time (10:30-11 AM or so), but I’d still make the reservation. That way, you don’t have the uncertainty factor.[/QUOTE]

When I had read that you have done this, I was so excited to get an omelet made at Cape May. When I asked about it,the server paused and said only told a limited type. I had asked about just ham and cheese ( I don’t like all the veggies in eggs) and the sever said “your in luck, that’s the one on the buffet” So don’t know if the rules changed or but I didn’t get the impression that I could have any kind of omelet made.

JoJo, your server lied to you or was simply lazy.
Yes, there is a daily omelet on the buffet, but if you don’t want that one, what are you supposed to do?
I have never had a server at Cape May outright say no.
Worst case, next time if you don’t like the omelet of the day, ask your server to have them make one for you. If you get resistance, tell them either that they made you an omelet the last time you ate there or that you had a friend who ate there a week or two ago and they made your friend an omelet to order.
If you still get no cooperation, get the supervisor.
As I said, I’ve never had a problem getting a ham and cheese omelet at Cape May.
This should apply for fried eggs as well.
And of course, some people can only eat egg white omelets, so there has to be some provision for that as well.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073677]JoJo, your server lied to you or was simply lazy.
Yes, there is a daily omelet on the buffet, but if you don’t want that one, what are you supposed to do?
I have never had a server at Cape May outright say no.
Worst case, next time if you don’t like the omelet of the day, ask your server to have them make one for you. If you get resistance, tell them either that they made you an omelet the last time you ate there or that you had a friend who ate there a week or two ago and they made your friend an omelet to order.
If you still get no cooperation, get the supervisor.
As I said, I’ve never had a problem getting a ham and cheese omelet at Cape May.
This should apply for fried eggs as well.
And of course, some people can only eat egg white omelets, so there has to be some provision for that as well.[/QUOTE]

And if all that doesn’t work, I’ll tell them “expect to be hearing from Soundgod”. That should get them hopping. :laugh:

Yes jo-jo, there is always that.

Or just go over to Kona Cafe and order a shrimp omelet.
It’s off menu, but they still gladly make them. (Or still did through May last year)