ADRs with more people than you booked for?

Some days/dates for my upcoming extended family trip have changed and I am trying to move some things around. The one ADR I am having an issue rescheduling is Sci Fi Dine In. I have 12 people but can only seem to get an ADR for 10 people on the new day I’d like to eat there. Has anyone had any luck showing up to an ADR with a few more people than you booked for?

I’ve never tried it, but have heard it’s really hard to just show up with extra people.

Are these adults or kids? At sci-fi, can three kids fit in one row?

I know I’m not much help and I hope you get an answer soon. Being the “group planner” is a lot of work.

…because of the seating at SciFi, it may be hard to do 11… Are you splitting them up? I don’t know how to do that but I have read that many time, large parties have to do two different ADRs with the group.

Not a bad idea. Try getting two ADRs for 6 and see if that works.

Unless you show up at a very slow time (a rare thing at a Disney restaurant) they will not allow you to add extra people to your reservation. This has happened to us.
If you are a large party, there may be a limit to the amount of people you can have on one reservation, depending on the restaurant - this has happened to us with a number of different restaurants and our party of 7. You need to book two different reservations. Then, arrive a little early and ask to be seated together, or have two tables close by.
I also find it easier in this case to call down and have this request added as a note to my reservation rather than booking online.
Good Luck!

Thanks, everyone. I decided to break us up in to two groups of 6 but I was still not able to get ADRs at the same time so I made one for 2:00 and one for 2:30. Because of the way Sci-Fi is set up, I don’t actually care if we are not seated near each other, but I would like to be seated around the same time as each other so we finish around the same time. Guess I will have to keep watching for another 2:00 or another 2:30 ADR so I can switch one of them. Makes me crazy because I had an ADR here for 12 on a different day but now all our plans are changing!

Boy–how frustrating! …keep checking…you never know… :slight_smile:

Woohoo! I checked yet again and I was able to get 2 ADRs for 6 at 2:30 on the same day so we are all good. If they can sit us near each other, great, if not, no big deal. Thanks for the input everyone.

Woohoo! I checked yet again and I was able to get 2 ADRs for 6 at 2:30 on the same day so we are all good. If they can sit us near each other, great, if not, no big deal. Thanks for the input everyone.

I was about to post that Sci Fi would perhaps be the worst place to just show up with extra guests.
The cars are cute, but they have tables that are too small. At least the two seaters have tables that are too small.
Glad you were able to get two 6 person reservations at the same time. I think I’d still suggest showing up 15 minutes early just so you have a better shot of having all twelve of you in adjacent cars.