ADRs...Did I do ok?

Ok so this is really the 1st time I have done this outside of the Princess breakfast (which as you know requires the 7 am 2-3 phones calling at once plan of attack)

I called tonight for our dates in Jan and got all but one request. Was I lucky or is this a good sign?:confused: The only place I couldn’t get ADRs for the night I wanted was Sci-fi.

Now mind you we are staying at OKW in a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen and don’t need the dining plan so there are only these few. Please send any helpful hints.

Here they are:

Jan 16 - Olivia’s @ OKW (we will be arriving late that evening)
Jan 18 Dinner @ Liberty Tavern (no characters:angry:last one with characters is Jan 4th…It is still worth the $$$?)
Jan 19 Dinner @ Hollywood and Vine
Jan 23 Dinner @ Spoodles
Jan 24 Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s

Now I made all of these dinner ressies on the nights of the extra magic hours. Was this a good idea? I did it because we most likely will be staying late those nights. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. The only place I didn’t make ADRs is the AK because I don’t think my picky little ones would enjoy Y&Y.

Also how are the restaurants and counter service @ POR? We added 2 days to our trip and are staying there after OKW.

I think you did a nice job. I’m going to miss the characters at LTT, the food is ok but not the reason we went. I don’t know that we’ll go back if the menu doesn’t change when the character are gone.

Thanks Steph. The menu has something for everyone in my family and DH & I get sooo tired of the traditional counter service food at MK so I thought this might be a good change.

Dawn…POR has a wonderful food court, but I think the TS is a lot of money compared to the experience you get at other TS restaurants, say Ohana’s, for instance. Then again, I have not stayed at POR in 9 years, so things may have changed.

I think you made a fine selection. I’m sorry LTT no longer has the characters. Chef Mickey’s is a lot of fun! Flametree Cafe in the AK is a counter service but it has really good food.

sounds like fun to me! I think if you are planning to be in the park for EMH, it would be great to do adrs in that park, or close by.

good choices!

keep trying, you may get sci-fi still!

We have eaten there too and enjoyed it. I was just hoping to do the ADRs at all the parks, but Y&Y are out 'cause of the the picky DDs:blink: and the Rainforest Cafe is a been there, done that kind of thing (I am within walking distance to one…not that I would actually walk there, but it is really close:laugh:)

I think I am most excited about Chef Mickey’s and so are DDs. DH is just happy to be fed on a regular basis:laugh:

All is well with your ADRs. You made some great choices.:happy:

It is a bummer about LTT characters, but we did like the food too. With that being said, I’m not sure if its actually worth the $$$ without them either.:glare:

Good choices . . . all good food and fun! (stinks about LTT) but the food is good there! Y&Y did you check the kids menu on allears.net? Most times the little ones get the classic chicken/fries, mac/cheese and then something kid friendly that goes with the theme of the place! :laugh:

I just checked . . . here’s the list for kids:

Yak and Yeti
Kids Menu

Menu Date: July 2008
$7.49 for Ages 9 and Under

Add a Kid-sized portion of milk or apple juice in a souvenier cup.
All items served with choice of carrot sticks, applesauce cup, fruit punch gellatin or chicken fried rice.

Mini Burger
Vegetable Lo Main
Chicken Bites
Egg Roll

Dessert - Ice Cream Sundae $1.49

Soft drinks or french fries available upon request

Great choices Dawn!

Dawn

How about Crystal Palace if you are looking for a MK character meal? It is so good, and it has Pooh characters! Or monorail over to Chef Mickey’s for classic characters.

Sounds wonderful! You’ll love Spoodles! :smile:

I have dinner ADRS near or in the park that is hosting EMH for the same reason you are. It should work out quite well,but I’ll report the down low after my trip. LTT to me wouldn’t be worth it without the characters. You should go to Crystal palace or 1900 park fare at the GF which is monorail ride away.

hmmm. Is it just the princess breakfast that’s hard to get into? 'Cause we never had trouble getting any reservations (character or otherwise) when we wanted them. We do lunch at Cindy’s castle and breakfast at Chef Mickeys.

Just curious.

Looks good.

As for LTT, we go for the food, and dine in the afternoon, when prices are lower and you can walk-in with no adr. I have never done LTT at dinner. Since there aren’t going to be any characters, anyway, you might switch to lunch and save some money.

All are very fun restaurants. Have fun!

[QUOTE=disney1;868259]hmmm. Is it just the princess breakfast that’s hard to get into? 'Cause we never had trouble getting any reservations (character or otherwise) when we wanted them. We do lunch at Cindy’s castle and breakfast at Chef Mickeys.

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

:blink: What??? We have tried for years and years to get ressies at CRT and have yet to have any luck. It really has to be booked right-on. What time of year do you vacation? That’s crazy! Chef Mickey’s is almost equally as difficult to get into, as well. Wow, you’re lucky!

2000, 2002 & 2005. Each trip was at the end of July into the first week of August. I called the suggested 120 days (I think that’s what Birnbaum recommends) in advance. We figured which park we were going to be in; or going to, and made our ressies based on that. We may have had to adjust the time by one or two seating intervals (2:15 instead of 2:00) but were always happy with the time.

We do an EARLY breakfast though and take a later lunch so that may have something to do with it. As for le Chefs de France, Coral Reef and anywhere else, we do the same thing. 120 days out we make the phone calls. And not at 2 a.m. either. :eek::blink::laugh:

[QUOTE=disney1;868293]2000, 2002 & 2005. Each trip was at the end of July into the first week of August. I called the suggested 120 days (I think that’s what Birnbaum recommends) in advance. We figured which park we were going to be in; or going to, and made our ressies based on that. We may have had to adjust the time by one or two seating intervals (2:15 instead of 2:00) but were always happy with the time.

We do an EARLY breakfast though and take a later lunch so that may have something to do with it. As for le Chefs de France, Coral Reef and anywhere else, we do the same thing. 120 days out we make the phone calls. And not at 2 a.m. either. :eek::blink::laugh:[/QUOTE]

You have been very lucky! We always go in October or January and at times have had trouble getting the days we want @ CRT for breakfast.

And you truly haven’t lived until you have had to do the 7am double cell phone plus house phone dial-a-thon:laugh::blink:

All great choices.
I also think it is a great idea to plan your dinners at your EMHpm park if thats where you plan on being for the rest of the evening. It should work out perfect.

[QUOTE=Dawn;868048]Ok so this is really the 1st time I have done this outside of the Princess breakfast (which as you know requires the 7 am 2-3 phones calling at once plan of attack)

I called tonight for our dates in Jan and got all but one request. Was I lucky or is this a good sign?:confused: The only place I couldn’t get ADRs for the night I wanted was Sci-fi.

Now mind you we are staying at OKW in a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen and don’t need the dining plan so there are only these few. Please send any helpful hints.

Here they are:

Jan 16 - Olivia’s @ OKW (we will be arriving late that evening)
Jan 18 Dinner @ Liberty Tavern (no characters:angry:last one with characters is Jan 4th…It is still worth the $$$?)
Jan 19 Dinner @ Hollywood and Vine
Jan 23 Dinner @ Spoodles
Jan 24 Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s

Now I made all of these dinner ressies on the nights of the extra magic hours. Was this a good idea? I did it because we most likely will be staying late those nights. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. The only place I didn’t make ADRs is the AK because I don’t think my picky little ones would enjoy Y&Y.

Also how are the restaurants and counter service @ POR? We added 2 days to our trip and are staying there after OKW.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should try CP with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore. We love CP and they have so many choices. The food is excellent and your kids will love it.