Advice and tips needed for Apr 6-9 trip to DL

I’m getting set to take my family and meet my sister-in-law and her 7 yr old daughter at DL next week. We’re quite excited, obviously. This will be my 3rd trip to DL (I went when I was 5, and again in Oct 07), my family’s 2nd time, and my sister-in-law’s and her daughter’s FIRST time!

I made lunch reservations at Ariel’s Grotto and Goofy’s Kitchen.

I read that this is a pretty busy week, since its Spring Break week for CA (did I read that correctly?). I’m a bit nervous about the size of the crowds, even though we’re going Mon, Tue, Wed. Any advice on how to cope with the huge crowds?

I’m a fastpass junkie, and I know (or at least I think I know) all the tricks associated with FP (like the 2 hour threshold between fast passes, and the fact that you can use them even after they “expire” on the same day, etc).

Any other tips you might have will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David

Oh, man, you are going to have a blast!

[QUOTE=henkemeyer;949679]

I made lunch reservations at Ariel’s Grotto and Goofy’s Kitchen.[/QUOTE]

Very age appropriate, I think…

You might consider breakfast at the Plaza with characters…

I read that this is a pretty busy week, since its Spring Break week for CA (did I read that correctly?). I’m a bit nervous about the size of the crowds, even though we’re going Mon, Tue, Wed. Any advice on how to cope with the huge crowds? [/QUOTE]

It is going to be crowded. A friend just was there two nights ago. Go with the flow, try not to expect anything to be achieved quickly, and it should be okay… You might consider spacing, doing non ride activities when lines get too long.

The best suggestion is send someone with all the tickets out early to start getting fast passes. As soon as the half hour or hour is up, you can get more. The length of time will increase for the rest of the morning, but if someone volunteers to do just this, you will have fast passes, as opposed to them being emptied by noon.

Any other tips you might have will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David[/QUOTE]

There are a few trip reports on here for Disneyland. I suggest reading a few, it would provide some suggestions for breakfasts and Dinners (read Jazz Kitchen) :pirate:

Get there at Rope Drop. Ride Buzz. Grab a Space Mountain FP. Hightail it to Splash Mountain. Then Haunted Mansion. If you can, get an Indy FP. Ride Pirates. Ride indy (use FP for later). That’s my foolproof plan for getting my favorite things done fairly quickly. :happy:

It WILL be crowded, but just try best as you can to go with the flow and all should be good. Get to the park at opening and use your Magic Morning option for the one time you have it available!! Try to hit all of the big main attractions first, grab fast-passes for other attractions while your on your way to a certain attraction, try riding attractions during peak meal-time if possible or during parade and fireworks time if you dont want to watch the fireworks or parades as the lines will be shorter. Im excited for all of you and ya’ll will have such a fun time!! And Ariels Grotto and Goofy’s Kitchen will be great!

U guys are awesome! I will try to report this trip in great detail so I can pay it forward.

David :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=henkemeyer;950138]U guys are awesome! I will try to report this trip in great detail so I can pay it forward.

David :)[/QUOTE]

We will be looking forward to your trip report when you return, have funnn!! :mickey:

up early beat the majority of the crowd…and stay late …much shorter wait times later…also learn the fast pass system and coordinate it but if you are having lunch like you said …if you get there early before lunch get your afternoon and evening fast passes then…have fun weather will be OK …I live in san diego we have been a liittle cool lately but it should be OK…I hope