Advice on the College Program?

Hi! I’m going to apply to the College program this spring for the Fall session. Anyone have advice for me on how the program is or tips?

I am a CP alum but my program was TEN years ago this February (EEK!) so you would be better served getting tips and advice from more recent alums.

However, I did want to say that the time I was on my CP was one of the most fun 5 month periods of my life and I highly recommend the program! I worked Merchandise in the Hollywood Studios (still MGM at the time!) and had the time of my life. It was great!

Good luck!

Thanks! I’m really excited about it. I hope I get in. I’ll take all the advice I can get! Every little bit helps!

Go for it!! My daughter did the program in 2008 and she loved it! It was a great experience for her. She worked HARD, but had a wonderful experience. She lived in Chatham…got along great with her roommates and still keeps in touch with so many of the friends she made during the program… Just know that you will work hard, but there is a lot of fun to be had, too.

I’m applying for Fall too! WOOHOO!! :happy:

I don’t have any advice, I just wanted to say hello and good luck!

Maybe they will take me. Being an elementary school teacher is kind of close to being a college student. I would love to work at WDW one of these days!

I am leaving in just about 3 weeks to do the CS for Spring 2010, the programs are virtually the same thing. So if you have any questions just let me know! PLus, I have a lot of knowledge on the college program!

Good luck!

If you have any questions about the interview and such just let me knoww! :]

Thanks! I will definitely take you up on your offer.

Sounds good! :peterpan:

I did it in 2002 and my biggest piece of advice is to take down as much in your savings account as you possibly can! I didn’t make enough while I was down there to cover everything, especially unexpected things like trips to the doctor. If I’d had just a little more spending money while I was there, it definitely would have made all the difference.

Tip#2: If you don’t have a car, find the person you work with who has a car and make friends with them fast. Driving around is a whole lot better than using the bus system!

Tip#3: Definitely take headphones (noisy roommates), a good bag for the parks (you’ll use it all the time), and a camera (I have 2000+ photos from the 5 months I was there).

Thanks this definitely helps me! I applied and I have my phone interview on Thursday at 10 a.m.! I’m so nervous!

Good Luck on your interview! I will be thinking of you and sending pixie dust your way!

Thank you so much! I’m so nervous! Any advice on the interview?

I had my interview today… I honestly have no idea how I did. My interviewer was very nice but she didn’t give any feedback on my answers or the interview in general. Sometimes I felt like I was doing great and sometimes I felt like I flubbed a bit. I’m going to just hope for the best and try not to think about it for the next 4-6 weeks.

Good luck to you!! :happy:

My advice: Take some time before the interview to de-stress so you go into it with a clear head.

Jill, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you in the next few weeks!

It has been so long since I had my CP interview, disneyfanatic, that I am not even sure if I could offer good advice! Mine was actually a group interview with two other people which was kind of awkward.

I guess the best advice is to be yourself and let your love for Disney shine through. And remember to smile! It is easy to forget when you are nervous, but smiling your way through the interview will leave them with a positive impression of you.

My only advice is that when you get there and are enjoying yourself every day, remember to think of the rest of us who would kill to be in your shoes! Enjoy!

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1015092]I had my interview today… I honestly have no idea how I did. My interviewer was very nice but she didn’t give any feedback on my answers or the interview in general. Sometimes I felt like I was doing great and sometimes I felt like I flubbed a bit. I’m going to just hope for the best and try not to think about it for the next 4-6 weeks.

My advice: Take some time before the interview to de-stress so you go into it with a clear head.[/QUOTE]

PJ, we will happily write you a huge MB recommendation! :laugh:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1015092]I had my interview today… I honestly have no idea how I did. My interviewer was very nice but she didn’t give any feedback on my answers or the interview in general. Sometimes I felt like I was doing great and sometimes I felt like I flubbed a bit. I’m going to just hope for the best and try not to think about it for the next 4-6 weeks.

My advice: Take some time before the interview to de-stress so you go into it with a clear head.[/QUOTE]

Thats completely normal! They never really give you feedback. My interview was nice, but she was def all business, while other peoples recruiters can be a bit more talkative. It’s no reflection upon you! Don’t sweat it!

I bet you did great! You have to tell me the second you hear from them!

Thank you all so much!!! I’m trying not to stress about it, but every time my mind wanders, it goes back to one of the interview questions and I go, “ohh why didn’t you answer it like THIS??” Ah well. Whatever is meant to be will be. :closedeye

disneyfanatic90, I will let you know! My interviewer told me I’d hear in 3-4 weeks, others were told 2-3 weeks, and from what I’ve been reading people in the past have heard anywhere from 6 days to 6 weeks out. I hope it’s closer to 6 days than 6 weeks! :laugh: