Advice Request - What Park What Day?

Howdy folks…

We’re 120 days out from our trip (June 2-June 7, 2 adults, a 10 year old, a 2 year old, and 2 seniors), so it’s time to call in our Priority seatings, so it’s time to figure out where we’re going on what day…

In the past, it’s always been pretty easy; we stayed off-property, so we just made sure to avoid the park that had early entry. This year we’re on property, and of course Early entry is over…grrr.

Anyway…this is what I currently have on the schedule based on a few bits of concrete info and a ton of blind guesswork. We use the last 2 days to go back and re-do the things we love or missed the first time around.

Sunday (June 2) - AK
Monday - MGM
Tuesday - MK
Wednesday - Epcot
Thursday - AK/Epcot
Friday (June 7) - MGM/MK

If anyone has any advice (like “AK on Sunday, are you mad?!?”), we’ll take it! Thanks!

Bruce

I think your schedule looks okay, although I know there are some experienced park-goers who can give you the low down. I just wanted to say that AK is really okay to do any day as is MGM.

I might be there then too since my birthday is June 7th. Have a great time!

Well, like you said, you always used to avoid the early entry parks, but with early entry gone now, it’s pure luck. Don’t be surprised though to see them return, especially if crowds this summer return to historical levels. In fact, I would guess that you will have them by June, so plan your days accordingly. Also, the other rule I follow is to not go to MK on the weekend. Crowds are usually greater on weekends, and MK is the first place people go. I have been to AK on Sunday many times, and I never have noticed a difference, other than right after it opened, and there was an influx of locals.

How funny that you would think about Priority Seating this early in advance. We always go during the off season, and make our PS only a couple of days in advance, and never have a problem getting the exact time we want. Do you need to call this far in advance during the summer?

Have a great trip! By the way, where are you staying?

Cinderellafifi - Thanks!

Mickey - Thanks for the advice about Early Entry. It seems like for every person that says “It’ll be back” there’s someone who says “No it won’t.”

With the kids, we’ll be doing alot of Character meals; I know that when we went in March 2001, we called at the 60 day point and weren’t able to get the times we wanted to get.

We’ll be at the Wilderness Lodge this year (and many years to come - DVC).

Bruce

With the kids, we’ll be doing alot of Character meals; I know that when we went in March 2001, we called at the 60 day point and weren’t able to get the times we wanted to get.

Yah, I know what you mean. My poor wife had to wake up at 4:00 AM for about six mornings in a row to book a table at Cinderella’s breakfast. It was worth it to do it at least once. I don’t think I would go back again. I really like Crystal Palace in MK, and Chef Mickey’s in the Contemporary. But, I have found that if we do more than one or two character breakfast in a trip, our kids just get bored with them. They see characters all day long, and that is enough for them. Staying in a villa is nice, because you can hit the store for breakfast stuff, and that saves a ton of money.

Have you stayed at Wilderness Villas? My wife and I took a tour the day before they opened. It was kind of unofficial. There were only workmen around finishing things up, so we took a self guided tour. They seemed pretty nice, and I love Wilderness Lodge. We own at Old Key West, and usually stay there because we can get more nights for the same amount of points. If you ever go without your kids, make sure your wife and stay at the Boardwalk Villas. Totally different world that Wilderness or OKW. You will love it. We usually go for an anniversary, just for a couple days.

We were really pleasantly surprised with the Character Dinner at Crystal Palace last year, we’re looking forward to doing it again this year. We found that the buffets worked really good with the kids (no waiting for the food) and if there are characters roaming around - well, that’s fine too!

This’ll be our first time at the WL Villas… We’ve ‘toured’ Wilderness Lodge before and fell in love with it. I’ll keep the Boardwalk Villas in mind too!

brumcg, I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the character break at the crystal palace. I was thinking about doing that for my daughter, but I know I’m running out of time for reservations. What is the atmosphere like? Is it more the experience of it or is it just good food. I’m wanting to do something really “Magical” for her. Is this something I should check into? Thanks for your help :angel

Woops! I sort of straggled away from the original thread. Back to the best days…I was wondering this myself. We had planned on going to Epcot the first day (wanted our daughter to be excited about WSC, since she loves learning about other Countries). Plus, I was afraid Epcot would be a let down for her after MK. Anyway…I was wondering the best day for MK. We’re thinking Wed and Fri What do you all think?

Have Fun Planning your trip brumcg. :slight_smile:

Goofette - We did the dinner. I like the Crystal Palace’s atmosphere - it’s bright, I felt like we had room, I remember good service, and we weren’t rushed.

The food surprised us. We were expecting typical “bland” buffet food, but there were several ethnic and/or spicy offerings and the quality was quite good.

While we were there, 4 characters were circulating (Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore IIRC). During our meal, we saw each of them once (I think we saw Pooh twice) and they took their time when they were at the table.

I recommend Priority Seating. We ate around 4:30, I think, we still had to wait for a bit, and there were many walk-ups waiting. The park was moderately crowded.

I don’t know if I would call it “Magical”, but that was probably due to my kids age (1 and 9 at the time). The youngest was too young and the oldest is getting too old…

Originally posted by Goofette
brumcg, I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the character break at the crystal palace. I was thinking about doing that for my daughter, but I know I’m running out of time for reservations. What is the atmosphere like? Is it more the experience of it or is it just good food. I’m wanting to do something really “Magical” for her. Is this something I should check into? Thanks for your help :angel

Well, we always do Crystal Palace on each trip. We usually eat breakfast there, and get a PS around 10:30. We are there for about an hour, and their breakfast buffet is great. They will make just about anything you can think of, and they have a kids bar with Mickey pancakes, etc. The Pooh gang is usually there, and there is plenty of time to see them all, and they usually hang out by the front door between breakfast and lunch, so you can get a nice picture with them.
If you really want something magical, try the Cinderella’s Royal Table. You get to eat upstairs in Cinderella’s castle, and all the princesses are there. We saw Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins (not technically a princess, but oh well) and Belle, not to mention Peter Pan and Hook running around outside. Great views of Fantasy Land, good food and all the princesses that you can handle. It is sensory overload for little girls. You have to call 60 days in advance, and call right at reservation’s opening, but it would be worth it for you. They told me, when we were there last time, that they have all of the reservations that are cancelled come available two days before. So, if you are too late to make a reservation, try showing up a couple days before and see if they have any availability.