Aerophile price?

I’m curious if they’re going to charge extra for this new balloon attraction. I’m assuming they will, considering they charge you to ride the carousel… any idea of how much it will cost? Does anyone have any experience with the one in Paris.

Well, I can guarantee you about 99.9% that they are going to charge to take a ride up in the ‘Aerophile,’ especially since it’s part of DtD & not inclusive of a paid park entrance.

My guess, based on NOTHING more informed than personal opinion, is the price would be around $13-$18 for an adult & about $10. per child. That’s just a random guess though.

Did I miss something? What the heck is an Aerophile?:blink::blink::blink::wacko:

It’s the new attraction they’re building in Downtown Disney. They have one called “Characters in Flight” at Downtown Diseny in Paris.

Aérophile Builds A New Tethered Balloon For Walt Disney World® Resort, Lifts Off Next Spring(Y098)

Downtown Disney

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;944316]Well, I can guarantee you about 99.9% that they are going to charge to take a ride up in the ‘Aerophile,’ especially since it’s part of DtD & not inclusive of a paid park entrance.

My guess, based on NOTHING more informed than personal opinion, is the price would be around $13-$18 for an adult & about $10. per child. That’s just a random guess though.[/QUOTE]

That would be my guess as well. I think somewhere around $15.oo per adult and $10.00 per child. I hope it is cheaper. I don’t think even $15.00 is reasonable. Think about it. For a family of four would be around $40.00 TO $60.00. That is a bit pricey for the average family. I would think $4-6 per child and $8.00-12 would be more reasonable.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;944325]It’s the new attraction they’re building in Downtown Disney. They have one called “Characters in Flight” at Downtown Diseny in Paris.

Aérophile Builds A New Tethered Balloon For Walt Disney World® Resort, Lifts Off Next Spring(Y098)

Downtown Disney[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that’s pretty cool.

Seems a bit pricey, but VERY cool. I’d love to experience it at least once.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;944316]
My guess, based on NOTHING more informed than personal opinion, is the price would be around $13-$18 for an adult & about $10. per child. That’s just a random guess though.[/QUOTE]

I’m thinking that pricing will be similar to the tethered balloon ride in Niagara Falls, NY.
That appears to be around $20 for an adult.

I hope thats not the case. I just don’t think it’s reasonable to take a fmily up in it if the price is so high.

Yeah, I think this is something we probably won’t do…

It would be nice if they included it with the waterparks and more (never buy that ticket…) option or something like that.

I must have missed this too- plus I didnt know about the one at DP either. Hmm not sure about this whether we would do it or not, perhaps when we know a little more.

I don’t think I could do this simply for the height factor. I would start crying as soon as it lifted off the ground. I am such a baby, yet I love roller coasters…weird, I know!

Go out to the airport at KISSIMMEE. You can get a sight seeing flight or even a intro flying lession. An hour in a four place plane (3 passengers & pilot) will cost you about $150 and you can see a whole lot more!

Good idea.

I think wish’s guess sounds about right in regards to the pricing. There will definately be some kind of charge…can’t imagine it being free.

This picture was on Twitter . . . getting close!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;946965]This picture was on Twitter . . . getting close!

Lots of activity at Characters in Flight. Helium is near for on TwitPic[/QUOTE]

OMG, I didn’t realize that the actual dock for this attraction is sitting on the water! OooO, I am TOTALLY doing it & Daniel is going to FREAK, he hates heights & add the fact that we’ll be hanging over water will just make his ‘freak out’ even more entertaining. :tongue: Can’t wait!!!

… I wonder if there will be a sign; “Please don’t attemt to rock the aerophile.” :laugh::laugh: haha.

Someone else posted a photo of the official pricing sign in DtD: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/other-wdw-areas/49619-aerophile-ride.html

Apparantly the official price is going to be $16 for adults & $10 for children.

I am still hoping there will be some sort of annual pass or DVC member discount.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;946976]OMG, I didn’t realize that the actual dock for this attraction is sitting on the water! OooO, I am TOTALLY doing it & Daniel is going to FREAK, he hates heights & add the fact that we’ll be hanging over water will just make his ‘freak out’ even more entertaining. :tongue: Can’t wait!!!

… I wonder if there will be a sign; “Please don’t attemt to rock the aerophile.” :laugh::laugh: haha.[/QUOTE]

I’m so doing it too! :heart:

The same twitter said they are inflating the balloon after 10pm tonight so MAYBE he’ll get pictures of that??

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;946976]
… I wonder if there will be a sign; “Please don’t attemt to rock the aerophile.” :laugh::laugh: haha.[/QUOTE]

“On the count of three, everyone on this side jump!” :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: