Aflac dumps duck voice actor for tasteless tweets

Aflac dumps duck voice actor for tasteless tweets | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Entertainment

Now if only Disney would remove him from the Tiki Room.

Bad taste?
Yes, but what did anyone really expect from the man credited with telling the penultimate version of “The Aristocrats”?

This is the same knucklehead who made light of 9/11 a month after the attacks. Some people just don’t get it.

He needs to be airlifted in the middle of the disaster, and left to fin for himself. That would cure the dumb jokes, once he sees how hard this situation is…

Now if only Disney would dump him in the TIki Birds. Isn’t that the same guy?

Yes, it is he.

Go figure!

The thing that makes NO SENSE is that Gilbert has been utterly tasteless, crude and vile his entire career. AFLAC and Disney knew what they were hiring.

It’s out there for anyone to see, Gilbert specializes in being highly offensive. They hired him knowing this. That’s why it makes no sense to be that he was fired for doing what he’s always done.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1070097]The thing that makes NO SENSE is that Gilbert has been utterly tasteless, crude and vile his entire career. AFLAC and Disney knew what they were hiring.

It’s out there for anyone to see, Gilbert specializes in being highly offensive. They hired him knowing this. That’s why it makes no sense to be that he was fired for doing what he’s always done.[/QUOTE]

So being a comedian gives him carte blanche to be crude, vile and tasteless - no matter the circumstances? Was he working when he made these “jokes”? Earning his “living”? Was he being payed for his “material”? If that was the case, then he might have a claim to say he was just being a comedian, working at his “livelihood”. But he wasn’t - he was on Twitter.

I hope Disney distances themselves from him - I’ve never enjoyed the TikiBirds since it’s “new and improved” show was unveiled anyway.

[QUOTE=llama;1070098]So being a comedian gives him carte blanche to be crude, vile and tasteless - no matter the circumstances? Was he working when he made these “jokes”? Earning his “living”? Was he being payed for his “material”? If that was the case, then he might have a claim to say he was just being a comedian, working at his “livelihood”. But he wasn’t - he was on Twitter.

I hope Disney distances themselves from him - I’ve never enjoyed the TikiBirds since it’s “new and improved” show was unveiled anyway.[/QUOTE]

Inever said it was okay for him to be tasteless, I just said that his being tasteless is a known thing. And yes, in today’s media environment, comedians who tweet ARE working. They are advertising their brand, they are marketing themselves. Celebrities’ tweets are frequently quoted and published/broadcasted.

Again, I’m not defending what he said or agreeing with what he said, I’m just saying that it’s silly for his employers to be so righteously indignant that a vile and crude man said vile and crude things.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1070101]Inever said it was okay for him to be tasteless, I just said that his being tasteless is a known thing. And yes, in today’s media environment, comedians who tweet ARE working. They are advertising their brand, they are marketing themselves. Celebrities’ tweets are frequently quoted and published/broadcasted.

Again, I’m not defending what he said or agreeing with what he said, I’m just saying that it’s silly for his employers to be so righteously indignant that a vile and crude man said vile and crude things.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree and NEVER understood why Disney allowed him into the parks. He served his purpose in Aladdin and he should have been left there. He’s always been an idiot.

I don’t think comedians advertising with tweets is a good thing.

Just think how many things are misinterpreted through text on MB… and we’re a nice, family forum!

Just remember that the thing about being a well known person… is that you have to keep your name out there in the “press”, so whether it is on E, or in people… they are all doing everything they can to stay in the center of things… that includes twitter. Problem is, people listen.
How many times have we talked about him before this? He wasn’t “out there” in the media a lot lately. People have a short term memory, and he will be back out there doing something else soon- not that he should be allowed to do so. I cannot imagine that he would think it was funny- like I said, send him in the middle of the disaster zone-and he will change his tune forever.

Send him pool hopping, refilling a 2006 mug and see how funny he is.

Gilbert Gottfried pool hopping with a 5 year old mug WOULD be funny.

I get it, most of you don’t like Gilbert because he’s simply an overly abrasive ethnic New Yorker. He’s just too loud and over the top for many people’s tastes, but not mine!:laugh:
For me, most of Gilbert Gottfried’s material lands in the “Goldilocks zone”, it’s jusssst right.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1070147]Gilbert Gottfried pool hopping with a 5 year old mug WOULD be funny.

I get it, most of you don’t like Gilbert because he’s simply an overly abrasive ethnic New Yorker. He’s just too loud and over the top for many people’s tastes, but not mine!:laugh:
For me, most of Gilbert Gottfried’s material lands in the “Goldilocks zone”, it’s jusssst right.[/QUOTE]

I, too think he has some funny stuff. But this was not the time for this humor.

I expected a little more restraint from Gilbert, but I know from personal experience, that sometimes you just can’t keep your mouth shut even when you know you must.