Age question

I am trying to go on line and price some resorts, i have a party of 6…well of course its not letting me get the value resorts just the suites (i was hoping for 2 connecting rooms) and its not giving me a standard room option for the contemp…
my question is and i hope i don’t get bashed:blush: for this but wwyd?
would you put down your child if the child is under 3 and you don’t have to pay for him/her for dining or for tickets…
making it a party of 5 instead of 6…

did i make sense?

The other thing i noticed is if i did leave the baby out, and put the other kids down, i can’t lie about their age, (7,6,5) so again i am not getting the quotes i really want…:blush:
i guess i am just better off calling or using my TA that i used last year…
i just LOVE to play with the site to see what comes up…

sorry for rambling!!
just wondering wwyd?

I would just call WDW and book what I wanted on the phone.

I’d call and explain the situation about wanting connecting rooms and explain your situation about having 2 adults and 4 kids under the age of 10 (one being an infant). Personally I wouldn’t lie about the kids ages. You also might be better off renting a DVC 1 Br. It has a master br, crib type thing, and a pull out couch. I think it’s supposed to fit 5 or 6 plus an infant.

Question is do i add my joe joe…:blush: to get the rooms i want, or do i lie?
kwim?
I hate to mislead people…but last year we stayed at the contemp. standard room and joey was 15 months
it was me, nicole (age 4) in one bed, DH, toni (age 7) and Paul (age 5) in another bed…and joey in the pack and play…
thats the set up i would like again…but for some reason i am not getting that option and i think its because i am putting joey down as a 2 year old rather then an infant

[QUOTE=pixeemom;983519]Question is do i add my joe joe…:blush: to get the rooms i want, or do i lie?
kwim?
I hate to mislead people…but last year we stayed at the contemp. standard room and joey was 15 months
it was me, nicole (age 4) in one bed, DH, toni (age 7) and Paul (age 5) in another bed…and joey in the pack and play…
thats the set up i would like again…but for some reason i am not getting that option and i think its because i am putting joey down as a 2 year old rather then an infant[/QUOTE]

I would include everyone who is going to be in the room.

I would call for the 2 connecting rooms if it won’t let you do it online. If you’re trying to just play with it to work up a price then enter 1/2 party for 1 room then double that amt.
It may not let you book a 5 person room even if the 6th is free because they may be fire coded for only 5. We went through that while on vacate years ago when DD9 was a baby. Not too many standard 5 person rooms out there, anywhere unless you go suite.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;983560]I would call for the 2 connecting rooms if it won’t let you do it online. If you’re trying to just play with it to work up a price then enter 1/2 party for 1 room then double that amt.
It may not let you book a 5 person room even if the 6th is free because they may be fire coded for only 5. We went through that while on vacate years ago when DD9 was a baby. Not too many standard 5 person rooms out there, anywhere unless you go suite.[/QUOTE]

good points and great idea, didn’t think to do that, thank you!!

I have a party of 7. 2 adults and 5 kids. I had to price 1 adult and 2 kids in 1 rm and 1 adult and 3 kids in the next room, pkgs the way I wanted them. Then added the totals from there. That’s how fil was told to do it once upon a time. I know it might be cheaper to not mention the youngest, but if you do get caught, it would ruin a vacation, not to mention the millions of other reasons you shouldn’t do it.

For more accurate pricing, call Customer Service.

BTW…when I priced it as mentioned above I could never add a discount or that I’m a Fl resident. I’m about to call in the next week or so to price my trip for March.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;983606]I have a party of 7. 2 adults and 5 kids. I had to price 1 adult and 2 kids in 1 rm and 1 adult and 3 kids in the next room, pkgs the way I wanted them. Then added the totals from there. That’s how fil was told to do it once upon a time. I know it might be cheaper to not mention the youngest, but if you do get caught, it would ruin a vacation, not to mention the millions of other reasons you shouldn’t do it.

For more accurate pricing, call Customer Service.

BTW…when I priced it as mentioned above I could never add a discount or that I’m a Fl resident. I’m about to call in the next week or so to price my trip for March.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

oh cool, can you KMP!!?!?!
We are going in March as well, what week r you going?
TY for your reply

I may be lost, but I thought an infant or child under three was free? I also thought that you could all stay in one room if there was a child under 3!

I would not use a TA, it seems like a waste, especially because Disney is extreamly easy to book yourself and that is half the fun! If you have Q’s, we can help you!

I would definately look into a DVC stay renting points as well! I doubt that anyone is able to rent you BLT points right now, but there are some beautiful DVC resorts (all in fact) that could work really well for your family!!!

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;983652]I may be lost, but I thought an infant or child under three was free? I also thought that you could all stay in one room if there was a child under 3!

I would not use a TA, it seems like a waste, especially because Disney is extreamly easy to book yourself and that is half the fun! If you have Q’s, we can help you!

I would definately look into a DVC stay renting points as well! I doubt that anyone is able to rent you BLT points right now, but there are some beautiful DVC resorts (all in fact) that could work really well for your family!!![/QUOTE]

i really have to look into the dvc resorts, i never thought of that before, i still would be allowed to get the dining plan tho right?

Yes, DVC members can book the dining plan for their guests (renters). If you book the room through Disney (a lot more money) the reservation is just like any other resort and you will be able to add the dining plan.

TY GTK…i’ll look more into it…
how do i rent tho? do i have to find someone who has availibilty for my weeks?
never did this before just curious, thanks

[QUOTE=pixeemom;983697]TY GTK…i’ll look more into it…
how do i rent tho? do i have to find someone who has availibilty for my weeks?
never did this before just curious, thanks[/QUOTE]

Basically you need to find someone who has enough points for what you’re looking for. A studio and one bedroom can sleep four and a child under 3. A two bedroom can sleep eight and a child under 3.

Different times of the year require a different number of points and week nights are cheaper than weekends. Points usually rent for $10-12 per point. This is a private transaction between you and the member, DVC/Disney is not involved and you can’t call DVC to confirm the reservation. There’s a certain amount of trust required.

DVC members don’t own weeks like the typical timeshare, we can book any amount of days any time of the year as long as there is availability at the resort. A member can book 11 months out at his/her home resort and 7 months out at all other DVC resorts. Certain times of the year are very popular at DVC resorts and require a reservation made as early as 11 months out. If you aren’t picky where you stay you should be able to get something at 7 months or less.

Yes, you can still get the dining plan, but you cannot get the “Free Dining”. This could be a make or break for some people. If you are looking to get the most bang for your buck, look into OKW their rooms are very spacious, and their points levels are very low! Check out the DVC rental forum. maybe someone can help you out. Unfortunately for you my points are all booked for this year or next or I would consider helping you out! Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions!!!

Your child under 3 shouldn’t count against the number of people alotted for a room. Example, we are a family of 5 with youngest DD2. We stayed at POFQ (max 4 people/room) but all 5 of us were allowed to stay together because DD2 slept in a crib and technically “doesn’t count”.

You need to look for rooms/suites that allow for 5 people in a room and then your DS2 stays for free. I know that POR allows for 5 people if you are looking to stay at a moderate.

Also…I’ve never rented DVC points so I can’t comment on that…but I do know that 2 rooms at a value or moderate resort is cheaper than one suite at a deluxe resort (comparing rack rates), plus the two rooms may give you some extra space and two bathrooms and you would still qualify for the free dining promotion.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;983713]Your child under 3 shouldn’t count against the number of people alotted for a room. Example, we are a family of 5 with youngest DD2. We stayed at POFQ (max 4 people/room) but all 5 of us were allowed to stay together because DD2 slept in a crib and technically “doesn’t count”.

You need to look for rooms/suites that allow for 5 people in a room and then your DS2 stays for free. I know that POR allows for 5 people if you are looking to stay at a moderate.

Also…I’ve never rented DVC points so I can’t comment on that…but I do know that 2 rooms at a value or moderate resort is cheaper than one suite at a deluxe resort (comparing rack rates), plus the two rooms may give you some extra space and two bathrooms and you would still qualify for the free dining promotion.[/QUOTE]

When our 3 DD’s were younger, oldest being 6 and youngest being barely 2 we looked into a room at a Value. Thought even though the max is 4 surely all 3 girls count fit in 1 bed (they do it now on sleepovers with oldest at 14) but was told NO! Max was 4 because that’s what they were coded at. If we wanted 5 we’d have to go to (then) Dixie Landings or Deluxe.
(we did it then anyway:redface: but wouldn’t do it now that they’re older)

It may depend on who you talk to & who books your ressie.:happy:

Yeah when fil booked our last trip he had to name ALL the people staying, etc. Even my then 15 month old had to be listed. Though somewhere along the lines I was listed as a 3 yr old. It was fixed but we did have 5 in our room at POFQ, though the 15 month old slept w/ us, she didn’t like her PNP.

[QUOTE=pixeemom;983634]oh cool, can you KMP!!?!?!
We are going in March as well, what week r you going?
TY for your reply[/QUOTE]

So far the week the 15th. Trying to go and be back and have time to plan my 1 child’s 3rd b-day party.

aww thank you anyway.
i actually have a friend that is a dvc member, i should call her, but she just got back so i am not sure how that would work with points and such, this whole dvc confuses me…guess i’ll have to read the forums, since i told DH we should become members, gotta get my info together…

Thanks everyone