Airfare is killing me!

I have yet to book airfare for my trip in little over 2 months!!!:ohmy:
I dont know how everyone else feels but its getting harder and harder to book airfare each year! :glare:

Ive been searching for months for airfare out of the different airports in my area, EWR, ACY, PHL, JFK, LGA.

The very best I could come up with is Jet Blue, fly out of JFK and back to LGA, for $678.40 for 2 tickets!!! :pinch: And that was the best I could get!!! 10/31 - 11/7. Those are non-stop flights, I will not do connections!

Yikes, that’s a lot for two people. With all those airports I would think you could find something for less than almost $700.

I know you are wanting to fly but have you thought about driving it? I do not know how long it would take for you to drive it either. I know we can’t justify to fly compared to driving it. We always leave as soon as our last daycare child leaves for the day. usually around 5:30ct and it takes us usually around 16hours sometimes as little as 14 I think last time to drive. DW starts and I sleep until about midnight or one and I drive rest the night till about 7 and she takes over again. it works for us. but We would also have to drive about two and half hours just to the airport also if not during rush hour traffic times either.

My DW got 2 tickets from Rochester to Orlando for 141 each, direct flights both ways. I can’t believe what they want from where you are.

I cannot drive. It will be just me and my DD.
I have bad knees, and my legs cramp up and ache from sitting too long! :blush:

I go the 1st week of Nov. which is JERSEY week in Disney.
We have the whole week off from school so it’s a very popular time to go.
Iam leaving Halloween day, and have tickets for MNSSHP that nite so I need a morning flight. And coming home I would prefer an evening flight so I see a couple of friends who are arriving the day Iam leaving.

Last year I paid like $550 (for 2 tkts) out Philly on Southwest.

All the years before I have paid about $200 a ticket!!!

One year I paid $140 on a deal that came out in August for the Fall! :cool:

Plus now we have to pay extra fees to fly like baggage, etc…

It scares me to think what things will be like next year! :eek:

Not for that week, unfortunately. :blush:

And I will continue to travel this week because my DD has off from school (teacher convention week).

Even when I looked early on in year, the airfare was no better!

Their are deals out right now but nothing is available for that time period.

I saw some crazy connecting flights, but I refuse to do them, in fear of a flight delay or cancellation. We have experienced a few delays so far.

Ouch on the $678 for two we payed 595.20 for 4 out of buffalo on southwest. I’m happy with that

Are you close to long Island? You can fly southwest 358.40 for 2 or LGA for 500.80 on southwest for two!

That’s crazy! Even for our trip the weekend before Christmas we got tickets from Newark to Orlando for $250 and I thought that was slightly more expensive than we usually pay.

Those prices stink! I always get lucky with airfare. Our nearest airport flies directly to Orlando for cheap. We went in February for $140 each and this December we’re going for $125 each! I was super happy with that!

I understand then that driving is not an option. I wish you good luck hopefully you will find a good deal.

[QUOTE=Val32;986526]I have yet to book airfare for my trip in little over 2 months!!!:ohmy:
I dont know how everyone else feels but its getting harder and harder to book airfare each year! :glare:[/QUOTE]

It could be worse.

I’m flying coach from Pago Pago to LAX through Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines.

It’s costing me $1,468.00 to do so.

If I flew Air New Zealand with the Comfy seats, I wouldn’t get the “cheap” seats to Asheville, North Carolina. By leaving the morning of the 23rd for North Carolina, I got two seats for under $800.00. If I left the evening of the 24th (after Air New Zealand lands) those same two tickets would cost me $1,100.00).

My Thanksgiving trip is costing me $2,200.00 so far… :pirate:

I just checked continental.com can you alter your dates?

Wed 10/28 -11/10 OR 10/28-11/04 was $198 round trip/pp

VAL, I am in the same boat! I am looking for airfare for President’s Week…$3000 for 4 of us on JETBLUE!!! $1700 for 4 of us on Delta. I am most probably going to suck it up and drive, unless I find airfare for $200 per person which is HIGHLY unlikely!!!

GOOD LUCK, GIRL!!! :happy:

Holy cow, that’s crazy! Our flights are valued at $64 each way (though we’re flying with miles). I sure hope you are able to find something cheaper! Good news is, we’re 27 days out and JUST booked our flights so don’t worry just yet! You have time!

How about consulting a travel agent. I know they can do a little better than that. They are professionals, right Peppertink?

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;986588]It could be worse.

I’m flying coach from Pago Pago to LAX through Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines.

It’s costing me $1,468.00 to do so.

If I flew Air New Zealand with the Comfy seats, I wouldn’t get the “cheap” seats to Asheville, North Carolina. By leaving the morning of the 23rd for North Carolina, I got two seats for under $800.00. If I left the evening of the 24th (after Air New Zealand lands) those same two tickets would cost me $1,100.00).

My Thanksgiving trip is costing me $2,200.00 so far… :pirate:[/QUOTE]

Oh WOW! :eek: I have nothing to say, yikes!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;986599]I just checked continental.com can you alter your dates?

Wed 10/28 -11/10 OR 10/28-11/04 was $198 round trip/pp[/QUOTE]

I have BCV from 10/31 - 11/7 and I want to see my friend who arrives on 11/7 and you.
I dont want to pay alot of extra $$ for extra hotel nites, what i save in airfare I would be paying on other things.

AND that would be more than 1 week off from work, which I dont know if it would be approved.

I searched leaving nite of 10/30 and returning 11/8 (it was even worse). There was no significant savings to leave 10/30, and I dont want to pay for another hotel, etc…

I used to be a travel agent.
They cant do any better, and they charge a fee.
Travel agents do NOT want air only bookings, no more commissions for them.