Airtran seating grrrrrrrrrr

I just checkin for our AT flight thru SW…one reservation number…I got 14 E (center) and DH got 15 A ( window):mad::mad::mad:

I checked in at 8 am , 24 hrs ahead. I just checked the Airtran website, not thru SE, and the seat chart shows tons of empty seats. Why oh why give us two seat like this???

I know we can try to change it when we get to the airport, MAYBE, but I just hate this.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1138194]I just checkin for our AT flight thru SW…one reservation number…I got 14 E (center) and DH got 15 A ( window):mad::mad::mad:

I checked in at 8 am , 24 hrs ahead. I just checked the Airtran website, not thru SE, and the seat chart shows tons of empty seats. Why oh why give us two seat like this???

I know we can try to change it when we get to the airport, MAYBE, but I just hate this.[/QUOTE]

…can you try changing? I haven’t used that airline but I think I may have seen the ability to change on others…if not…why not call in this time? To be sure…if it shows seats available…

One way to actually check would be start the process of purchasing tickets without finishing…and see if the seating chart comes up? Or is that what you already did??? :frown:

We always picked our seats when we make our reservations. You can do that with AirTran.

Buy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at the airport. Before you board wipe the sandwich all over the child’s hands.

The passenger(s) near you will trade seats without asking.

(sarcasm)

That’s when you buy directly thru airtran. We booked thru Southwest. When you book that way they just issue you seats. I thought we would get seats together. I don’t care row 7 or 14 , just together.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1138195]…can you try changing? I haven’t used that airline but I think I may have seen the ability to change on others…if not…why not call in this time? To be sure…if it shows seats available…

One way to actually check would be start the process of purchasing tickets without finishing…and see if the seating chart comes up? Or is that what you already did??? :frown:[/QUOTE]

The rules with airtran thru SW is you can’t change anything until you get to the airport. But if the flight is full there is no way to change.

That sucks. I’ve always been able to change my seating thru AirTran by using the confirmation number. All will be well.

Not a big fan of Airtrain or Southwest for just that reason. I don’t understand why SW doesn’t give seat assignments. They let people with children board first, but for some reason not all parents with children board first, then they wait to the end and there are no seats together and ask everyone to move.

Booooooo…I hope you can get it set right at the airport…:frown:

My family and I have unfortunately been separated on plane trips several times…not due to any fault of ours. Twice they have changed planes and just shuffled the seats in the process…others they over booked and reseated us…I don’t really understand the “rules” anymore. I am glad my DD is grown now and it doesn’t matter safety wise if we get separated. It was a nervous trip home from WDW one year when she was a child, and had to sit in between two business travelers. They changed planes and didn’t take notice of a child being separated from a parent. Luckily, they were nice men (but didn’t want to give up their aisle and window seats for me) but I kept walking up the couple of rows to check all the way home…

Flying is no fun!!

The only good thing is we paid 99 bucks each way per person from Phila, nonstop.

I just like to sit with my hubby. :crying:

SWA doesn’t allow families wih children to board first, only a parent with a child under four.

From SWA’s site:
An adult traveling with a child four years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. However, those Customers holding an “A” boarding pass should still board with the “A” boarding group.

I’m not sute it its true but ive heard if there are too many familiesg they may suspend it all together.

That’s why we booked through AirTran. Southwest has got the dumbest setting arrangement. You’d think with the big name they have they could figure that out. Other than that they’re a good airline.

I just checked in for out flight home. Seats A and E again. I checked the seating chart at air Tran’ 7 out of 31 rows were booked. So why couldn’t we sit together???

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1138243]SWA doesn’t allow families wih children to board first, only a parent with a child under four.

From SWA’s site:
An adult traveling with a child four years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. However, those Customers holding an “A” boarding pass should still board with the “A” boarding group.

I’m not sute it its true but ive heard if there are too many familiesg they may suspend it all together.[/QUOTE]

I have only flown SW once, but I thought that when we flew out of Newark, they had made an announcement for all families with young children that they could board. It might have been after the A group, but it was deffenitly before the B group. But the Family that had the problem with the seats had a 3 year old.