AK hours

I have heard the hours are going to be extended at AK. Does anyone know if it will be every night or just a few select nights. I see that as of right now the only night it is open late will be the night of my anniversary while we are there. I had other plans for that night dinner and a evening carriage ride for my us. I really want to do the evening at AK but I was hoping for it to be on the 3rd of July and that day it says the closing time will be 5 P.M. Can anyone help me out with information on time for the first week in July. Thank you.

I think this would be cool also. How do you find out if they are extending the hours?

Sadly, AK is only having late hours from Memorial day until July 2 or 3. It seems silly that they would go to all the expense for only a month or so. Possibly this is only a trial, and if it gets a good response, they will extend it. I would certainly like to see it in October.

You can go on to the web site: waltdisneyworld.com and look up park hours.

Doesn’t the new show happen in the evenings? I thought it was a full time addition.

Doesn’t the new show happen in the evenings? I thought it was a full time addition.

When I was there in June, the new show was every night and the AK was opened until at least 11. Not a big fan of the new show, its not very spectacular. But the 5 minute shows at the tree of life are wonderful. Also did the night time Safari and was not impressed, we saw 3 animals! Its the same as during the day accept its dark. Nothing is lit up so you don’t see much.

Is the park very dark walking around? Since it was never a night time park, is there enough lighting? Even at Epcot, there are times I wish I had a flashlight with me.