AK - Picnic in the Park - Anyone enjoyed this yet?

Just curious if anyone has done the picnic yet in AK?? We leave in just over 2 weeks and thought it might be fun to do but wanted to hear about it.

Thanks,

No but Madison and I plan on it in Sept. It sounds like a great option.

I just read about this in a thread last week, I love the idea, and I think we will be doing it in October! I too would love to hear feedback!!!

I was about to start a thread about this! :laugh:

It looks cute… I’m especially liking the recyclable bag it comes in. I’m always up for a “free” souvenir! :laugh:

Looks like you will be our MB guinea pig Kim! LOL

Be sure to come back and tell us all about it. I’d like to try it myself in August.

I can’t wait to hear about it! I hope it’s still an option in February.

The only place I have seen it mentioned is here on MB. Does anyone have or know a link where I could read on it???

Thanks

Here is what they have posted on All Ears Picnic in the Park - Animal Kingdom

We were at AK today, and I had planned on trying it, but the park was so crowded when we walked in, I didn’t see the sign where to order it. We kept walking towards the back (to safari) and kept looking for the sign to order, but never saw anything. So ate elsewhere. On the way out of the park, I finally saw one small sign in the middle of the area, just as you enter the park. Then I saw the podium where you would order it, on the Rain Forest Cafe side. Will try it next time I’m there, now that I know where to go.

This looks kind of interesting, except that it starts with a meal for three. there are only 2 of us, so I am afraid there would be a lot of waste (unless someone would like to join us… around here, I am sure we would have no trouble finding someone)

were gonna try it on the 4th of May for lunch while we are there :slight_smile:

I read a review of this somewhere, but now I can’t find it.

It was someone who used it on one of the first days. They said the price was decent for what you got (in Disney terms), but that the organizations of food distribution was not running smoothly.

I hope to hear more reviews as Disney works out the kinks - which are to be expected in any brand new process.

Ok, this is what I found on wdwinfo.com. You can use it on the DDP. It would be 1Q for each person.

Picnic in the Park at Animal Kingdom | The DIS Unplugged Disney Blog, News

We are planning on doing it while at AK.