Akerhaus-any reviews

We just booked this resturant for BK in July, can anyone help with the food, reviews… I never knew they had bk. Thank you in advance.

We did it for lunch last year , it was great with all the princesses. We know that it is the only place in Epcot to serve BK … It should be good!!!

We did it a couple weeks ago for breakfast and it was great! They had pastries and fruit on a buffet and then you are brought a plate of eggs, sausage, bacon and this hashbrown cassarole that is to die for!!

And the characters are good too! We met Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel!

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;963125]We did it a couple weeks ago for breakfast and it was great! They had pastries and fruit on a buffet and then you are brought a plate of eggs, sausage, bacon and this hashbrown cassarole that is to die for!!

And the characters are good too! We met Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel![/QUOTE]

My DS 13 loves waffles and pancakes and toast, do they have anything like that or can we order it?

BREAKFAST - thumbs UP! :wub:

DINNER - thumbs down! (the food choices just weren’t for us!):frown:

PRINCESS INTERACTION is the BEST!! :wub:

I didn’t see any of that… Not sure if maybe you can special order it? They don’t give you menu’s so I’m not sure how that would work.

Princess Storybook Breakfast - Norway Epcot

Here’s the menu (link above)

Food is brought to your table Family Style

Fresh Seasonal Fruit
Bacon
Sausage
Scrambled Eggs
Potato Casserole
Biscuits
Cinnamon Rolls

I remember the Cinnamon Rolls being yummy! :wub:

I did dinner and my biggest problem was the food. However, the princess interaction and the atmosphere was really great.

We had the breakfast there and it was great. The food was excellet. there were eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns yummy and there was a buffet place. They did not have waffles or pancakes, not sure if you could order them. When we were there it was Jasmine, Snow White, Mulan, Belle and Aurora! The character interaction was fabulous!

We also did not like the dinner food was just not good for us :frowning: Very bland.

This has become a tradition for us. Our girls love the princesses and DH loves the food. My girls and my son have always been happy with the food, but I had a friend who said they have asked for Mickey waffles and the server brought them right out to them. You might want to call the restaurant directly and ask if you are concerned about it.

Thanks everyone, I am really looking forward our bk there.

We had Breakfast there a few weeks ago, on Mother’s Day. The princesses there were Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Ariel(who I must say, looked a little wonky, like she’d been hitting the sauce until a few hrs before work). The food was good. They didn’t have pancakes or waffles, but had other pastries, fruits, and some lox and shmear on the buffet. The potatos, bacon, sausage and eggs were brought to the table.

:laugh::laugh:

I’d love to tell you how much we enjoyed eating there, which we did.
The problem is we ate there in 2003 or 2004 and the menu has been so overhauled since then that it’s not really the same.
It used to be a full on buffet/smorgasbord without any characters.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;963460]I’d love to tell you how much we enjoyed eating there, which we did.
The problem is we ate there in 2003 or 2004 and the menu has been so overhauled since then that it’s not really the same.
It used to be a full on buffet/smorgasbord without any characters.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how DMIL remembers it-as a smorgasbord. She was disappointed when she went with us that it had changed. We love it, though!

We plan on doing this when we go back next year for BK, When we did the lunch last year it was a great character interaction. The food was scary though… (They did have a cold cut table, so I did get to eat a ham sandwich) We did however get to order a personal cheese pizza for our DD. The cast member said it was not on the menu but they had it. So you might ask if there are Waffles/Pancackes. :mickey:

Thanks everyone for the reviews. I also checked with Allears and a review said that a little boy didn’t like bacon and eggs so the CS brought a big stack of mickey waffles to the table for him. Yippie!!! My DS won’t be disapointed.

I have noticed that Disney goes out of it’s way to make sure guests are taken care of! I wonder if they’ll let one of the Princesses eat with me if my wife and I aren’t getting along the day we go?

We did Akerhaus for BKST last June. The food was good, not great. The princesses are great, the service very good. We sat next to a family who had a child with food allergies and the chef came out and filled them in on all of the foods being offered. He was awesome and the family was very grateful for his caring approach. DD’s (4 and 7 at the time had a grand time and that is what it was all about for me)

This was the best Princess experience my daughter has had. They definitely will spend plenty of time at your table and make your child smile. This was much better than some of the character meals we have done.