AKL, Boma & Zebra Domes

The menu over at AllEars indicates that Boma is buffet only. But I’ve seen pics elsewhere that seem to indicate that you can pick up Zebra Domes (and other less important stuff) separately.

My wife and I always went to RFC in DTD the day of our arrival to eat. But now that it’s just the two of us we’re thinking about Boma on that first day. Is Boma strictly a buffet or is there a menu and/or just carry out foods available?

Boma is only a buffet. But I think a few of the items, like zebra domes, can be purchased at Mara, the CS at AKL.

Thanks. It’s not real important that we eat there (that’s why we’ve made no ressies), but what are the odds of being able to walk-in around supper time the day of our arrival?

Zebra dome are sold at the Mara…love them!

This is a real coin toss question depending on what you consider supper time.
Your chances might be a little improved because you’re staying at AKL, so it’s very possible that you’ll be able to make a day of reservation through the lobby concierge.

No matter how hard we try, we always end up on property between 3:00 & 4:30. Even though the AAA Trip Tik puts in DW around 2ish.?

You could always wrap a few domes up in a napkin and eat them later on! I’d always try and make a reservation just to be sure you get a table! We have walked up once or twice and had to wait around 20mins or so for a table but I don’t remember it being any longer!

Your odds are good. DH is not one for schedules, so it’s rare that I make adrs. When we stay there, we always walk up at Boma. I think the longest we waited was 30 mintues, which was fine. We enjoy people watching around the resort.

As far as it not being real important that you eat there. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but when you stay at AKL and smell the spices in the air from Boma, I just have to eat there at some point in my stay. There is a huge selection of food, and all delicious.

And yes, once you get hooked on the zebra domes, you can pick them up at the Mara.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1045887]Your odds are good. DH is not one for schedules, so it’s rare that I make adrs. When we stay there, we always walk up at Boma. I think the longest we waited was 30 mintues, which was fine. We enjoy people watching around the resort.

As far as it not being real important that you eat there. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but when you stay at AKL and smell the spices in the air from Boma, I just have to eat there at some point in my stay. There is a huge selection of food, and all delicious.

And yes, once you get hooked on the zebra domes, you can pick them up at the Mara.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips. I’m ressied out on all our other days. And since we like RFC & we’re headed there anyways after check in we’re good of we can’t get seated. Although I’m sure we’ll be enticed there by the aroma as well.:smile:

I can not wait for Zebra Domes. After all the hype and checking out the recipes, I gotta have one. Or two. Dozen.:tongue:

In Disney World, and generally when on vacation, I make reservations for everything.