AKL change

I was just at the Disney website, pretending to plan another trip to WDW (pretending being the operative word there :pinch:) and noticed that there are two options now for a savannah view room at AKL. One is the regular savannah view and, for a couple hundred dollars more, a room with an Arusha view. Anyone know what that’s all about? Isn’t Arusha the main area off of the Jambo lobby? Or is Arusha part of Kidani?

Not sure but I will be sure to ask when I make some changes to my ressie.

It’s likely that the much more expensive room is club level savanna view.

Hmm, good thought, but I just checked and that doesn’t seem to be the case. They have

Standard view
Pool view
Pool view bunk bed
Savanna view
Arusha view
Savanna view bunk bed
Standard room club level
Arusha view bunk bed
1-bedroom suite
2-bedroom suite

Doesn’t that sound like they split the savanna views into two categories with the main savanna being a couple hundred dollars more? If so, that stinks. We loved the Arusha view back in December but I wouldn’t pay an extra $200 for it. :mellow: Or would I? :huh:

[quote=smee57;1064045]hmm, good thought, but i just checked and that doesn’t seem to be the case. They have

standard view
pool view
pool view bunk bed
savanna view
arusha view
savanna view bunk bed
standard room club level
arusha view bunk bed
1-bedroom suite
2-bedroom suite

doesn’t that sound like they split the savanna views into two categories with the main savanna being a couple hundred dollars more? If so, that stinks. We loved the arusha view back in december but i wouldn’t pay an extra $200 for it. :mellow: Or would i? :huh:[/quote]

Thread jack…

Go Steelers!!!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1064055]Thread jack…

Go Steelers!!![/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You’re forgiven on both accounts. :wink:
Wait. No.

GO PACKERS!!!
:biggrin:

Love your avatar…

GO PACKERS!!!

GO Packers!!!

I’m so confused. :huh::wacko::laugh: I like both teams and cannot figure which one to root for now that the Jets are out and the Giants missed the playoffs.

[QUOTE=smee57;1064063]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You’re forgiven on both accounts. :wink:
Wait. No.

GO PACKERS!!!
:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

One sport at a time, Little Lady.:wink:

And I don’t know the answer to the Arusha question.

[QUOTE=llama;1064092]One sport at a time, Little Lady.:wink:

[/QUOTE]

Forgive me, llama. I don’t know what I was thinking. I’ll blame it on the pain meds!

Wait, Rich started it . . .

Go Andy Murray!!! :wink:

[QUOTE=smee57;1064098]Forgive me, llama. I don’t know what I was thinking. I’ll blame it on the pain meds!

Wait, Rich started it . . .

Go Andy Murray!!! :wink:[/QUOTE]

Much better.:wink: I’ll blame it on the meds!

No, the meds are OK. My bad for stirring up trouble. :rolleyes:

The Arusha savanna is the one on the inside of the semi-circle of buildings at Jambo House. Outside savannas are Uzima and Sunset. At Kidani Village, the new savanna is Pembe. Earlier this month was our 8th stay at Jambo House.

I’ve only stayed at Kidani Village and I’m going back in May. When we go we found that you have to have the Savanna view. It is fun to watch the animals habits and there is a lot more activity at dusk. Well worth the extra DVC points.

I totally agree that the savanna view is worth it! :wub: I’m trying to figure out why, in the past month, they made the Arusha view cost more than the other savanna views. Granted it’s probably the more highly desired savanna but, really? Ya gotta pay for it now? :confused:

It would seem that as soon as Disney realizes that ANYTHING is more coveted that they will make you pay extra, because people usually always pay anyway. :dry:

Thread rejack - I hear that they’re wrapping newborns in Pittsburgh with terrible towels and giving newborns in Green Bay cheeseheads.

My Jets are out and I don’t care who wins. Well maybe I like Pittsburgh a little and I’m thrilled that the Pack proved they can get there without that crybaby Favre. I lost all respect for him in 2008 with his preseason games and don’t get me started with what he pulled when he asked the Jets to release him from his contract.

Still not sure what’s up with room rates at AKL.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1065665]Thread rejack - I hear that they’re wrapping newborns in Pittsburgh with terrible towels and giving newborns in Green Bay cheeseheads.

My Jets are out and I don’t care who wins. Well maybe I like Pittsburgh a little and I’m thrilled that the Pack proved they can get there without that crybaby Favre. I lost all respect for him in 2008 with his preseason games and don’t get me started with what he pulled when he asked the Jets to release him from his contract.

[/QUOTE]

:laugh::happy: