AKV- Kidani Village questions

We are considering staying in a savannah view room at AKV’s Kidani Village in June '09. With everything I’ve read it’s saying Kidani Village is set to open on May 1st. '09. Does that mean EVERYTHING in Kidani Village will be open? The new restaurant, pool area, water recreation area, etc?

Also, I know they are building a SECOND phase to Kidani Village that won’t open until Sept. '09. Do you think if we get a Savannah View room for June we’ll just be staring at construction for this other phase?

Thanks. :happy:

I’m interested in hearing this response too-I sure hope everything is open. We are staying in a 1BR Savannah view in Kidani village in May 2009. I hope the construction isn’t going on while we’re there. I didn’t know that a phase 2 was going on for September. Hopefully someone has some info.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;907579]We are considering staying in a savannah view room at AKV’s Kidani Village in June '09. With everything I’ve read it’s saying Kidani Village is set to open on May 1st. '09. Does that mean EVERYTHING in Kidani Village will be open? The new restaurant, pool area, water recreation area, etc?

Also, I know they are building a SECOND phase to Kidani Village that won’t open until Sept. '09. Do you think if we get a Savannah View room for June we’ll just be staring at construction for this other phase?

Thanks. :happy:[/QUOTE]

We booked for a 1BR Savannah View in Kidani Village for July 2009-I asked the representative if all amenities would be available by this time she reassured that restaurants and pool would be open by May 2009 I believe the last phase is just rooms they are constructing. She also said that they are ahead of the game and may be completing sooner than expected. But all in all I wouldn’t worry they should have all major amenities completed by May. As for if you will be staring at construction-I guess that is always a possibility but I think the majority of it will be complete. Also there are people posting reports from recent trips while they are still under major construction and they don’t seem to be inconvenienced by it. They still have some animals out and if you are still nervous about it try staying in the jambo house and take a stroll over to check kidani village out-they should have the rooms set up for dvc members there also.

I met with a DVC rep yesterday and he told me Kidani Village is actually ahead of schedule and that most (if not all) amenities should be complete by opening day.

We just got back from our stay there and LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! I would NEVER stay there without a Savanna View room. :wub:

Thanks. I had called member services the day after I posted this & they told me the same thing; that I shouldn’t really be effected by anything in late June. We ended up booking a Savannah View Studio for 8 nights. :smile:

Good to hear this news!!! We’re going for five days in May and I’m glad that things look to be ready by then.