AKV Room Request?

I was wondering if anyone could request a good room location for Kidani Village. For us, I good location is one that is close to the bus stop. My dad has major problems with his ankles. This trip is going to be very hard on him, so I want to limit his walking as much as possible. Any suggestions?

:blush: ahhh! Sorry Mods. I don’t know how I got duplicates!

hehe, you crack me up. Patience :laugh:

I would think you could put a special request in just like you do any other special request. Will your dad be renting a scooter? Those are really helpful for those that really need them.

I’d get in touch with central reservations now to make sure the special needs request is on your reservation.
As you get closer, say a week out, call and verify that you still have a mobility based special needs request.

I just was thinking, are you renting points, are you DVC, or did you simply book a room in Kidani because you want to?
If you are DVC, I’d guess you should talk to them sooner/now.
I’m not sure how it works when you rent.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1103173]I’d get in touch with central reservations now to make sure the special needs request is on your reservation.
As you get closer, say a week out, call and verify that you still have a mobility based special needs request.

I just was thinking, are you renting points, are you DVC, or did you simply book a room in Kidani because you want to?
If you are DVC, I’d guess you should talk to them sooner/now.
I’m not sure how it works when you rent.[/QUOTE]

Good point! We are renting and I am not sure how it works when you rent either??

The all round cool guy person from whom you rented can call down and ask. If he/she were as cool as they think they are.

And they are… becuase they did.

What are you up to now Boss?

Request a room that is close to the lobby. Disney is notorious for those loooong hallways and Kidani is no exception. They just love to put you right at the very end.:glare: There is only one bus stop at Kidani and it is just outside the lobby. Kidani Village is a terrific resort - it’s very quiet, which makes watching the animals seem even more relaxing.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1103188]The all round cool guy person from whom you rented can call down and ask. If he/she were as cool as they think they are.

And they are… becuase they did.[/QUOTE]

A million thanks :happy:

However, some MBers have been warning me that perhaps I should not advertise my affiliation with you once I arrive . . . . something about a fountain? :ph34r:

I was never convicted.

Well Kidani Village is broken up into 4 sections. So if you are like us and like to be somewhat close to the lobby and the bus stops then ask for the timon section. Just make sure you do not get the Zazu or Pumba area’s since it is a very long walk to your room from the lobby. Lastly there is the Rafiki area which is close to the lobby but closer to the pool. Our favorite is the Timon area.

I maintain it’s all an urban myth.

I dated an urban myth once.
Turned out she was no friskier than a country myth (excuth my lithp:laugh:)

alil, here is a map of the Kidani Village room numbers – it is hard to read the numbers well, but take a look at where the lobby is, then to the right of it is the building with the Community Hall. Just to the right of that building is a sidewalk/pathway (it has the designated smoking area symbol on it!).

That sidewalk is the most convenient, closest way to get to the bus stop, which is right outside of it and on the same level.

So ask for a room in one of those two buildings to the right of the lobby. And mobility will be even easier if you can snag a room on the main level, because everyone else (below and above!) has to take elevators or stairs to get to the main floor so they can go out that very door.

If you end up in one of the farther buildings, it is OK, because it is a small resort. But being on that main level will be REALLY GOOD if you can get it!

P.S. Love Kidani a lot. You will really enjoy your time there!

bumping so alil can see the map!

Thanks MisDis! I have been posting from my cell only for a week or so now, and I don’t open files with attachments there because they take WAAAY too long to load. I appreciate your post! :happy: