Alaskan Cruise - what balcony stateroom would you recommend?

Hi everyone,

We booked an Alaskan cruise for next May 2012, and I booked a category 5C balcony stateroom for the four of us. I was wondering if I should try to change this to a category 6A balcony stateroom. The difference between the two categories is the balcony railing. I am told that the category 6A balcony has a solid steel railing while the category 5C has a clear railing. It costs 66 more points to move into the category 5C.

Has anyone taken the Alaskan cruise, if so, would you recommend paying the extra 66 points to get the clear railing instead of the solid railing? The inconvenience is that part of your view would be obstructed when you are sitting in the chairs. Is this true?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

You definately don’t want the partially obstructed view, ESPECIALLY for Alaska. Worth every single point.

You have to be standing to enjoy the view.

Picts from Platinum Castaway Club Disney Cruise Line Information

I would change. We were “stuck” with the steel railing on our second cruise. We had booked a regular balcony room, only to open the door and find that the entire room had been dismantled. There was no other choice for us than to take the solid steel balcony. It was ok if you were standing at the rail, but if you sat down, you couldn’t see a thing. It was sort of like sitting in a can. With the amazing scenery of the Pacific Northwest you don’t want to have your view obstructed.

Hi llama and rlcarmichael,

Thank you for the info, we leaned towards the clear view as well, this is what we have booked for our cruise. rlcarmichael, did you get any pictures of the plane?

Thanks again,

[QUOTE=wdw&tk;1086204]Hi llama and rlcarmichael,

Thank you for the info, we leaned towards the clear view as well, this is what we have booked for our cruise. rlcarmichael, did you get any pictures of the plane?

Thanks again,[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I spent 5 minutes trying to think about what pictures of WHAT plane…

No luck finding a woman with a plane…yet! :rolleyes: