Alice's Adventures in Disney World!


July 12th - July 17th
Cast: Me, Raye (my best friend/ sister figure), and her parents

Hi everyone! Though I’m sad to be back I’m glad to have all of you to share my trip experience with and help tide me over until my next adventure! This is m first trip report here ever so hopefully I’ll do a good job!

So our flight was leaving Boston at 6:30 in the morning so we needed to leave the house between 2-3am. I had “gone to bed” around 5pm and woke up around 1am to make sure I had everything ready and to get myself somewhat presentable. We would be going straight to the parks once we got there since it would be so early.

We got to the airport without any problems though we were extremely exhausted. The flight was a bit turbulent (must have been storms over Virginia or something because we were warned about it) but other than that it was pretty uneventful.

By the time we got to Pop Century our room was already ready for us which was amazing because I had so much junk in my carry-on that I did not want to take to the parks!

The view from our balcony. Usually I get stuck looking at trees but this time, we had a good view of the 80’s section!

After we dumped off some things, we headed over to Hollywood Studios. We had dinner reservations at the Brown Derby so we just decided to spend the afternoon there. It was different for me because usually when I go with my family we make it a point to visit Magic Kingdom first but it wasn’t a big deal.

It was very hot but we tried to make the best of it!

First thing we did was the Great Movie Ride and to our surprise we actually got the cowboy! I know we were having a discussion about that earlier here so I made sure to grab some photos!

After that, we wandered around a bit, got right on to Star Tours (we needed to see it at least one more time before it changed!) and then wandered around a bit more until people started to line up for the Block Party Bash. Neither of us had seen it before so we decided that it would be nice to take a break and watch the parade. We got a good spot right up front and waited until it started. It was extremely hot in the midday sun though. We felt very bad for the dancers.

It was hot…we couldn’t help but be silly.

I love this guy. The sock makes me giggle!

She’s so pretty!

After the parade it was time for some character hunting! (Also, we needed a major AC break from the heat of the sun!)

Do excuse us if we look a little wiped out. It was in the high 90s our entire trip!

(I know I look silly in this pic but the other one had caught me blinking so sadly, this was the better of the two!)

After meeting the Incredibles and Lotso it was almost time for our dinner ressies so we didn’t get to see Sorcerer Mickey (his line was really long). So we headed over to the Brown Derby and waited a bit for Raye’s parents to get there. We checked in and were seated only a few minutes after.

Because we had been up so early we were all starving by this point and were very glad to have a 3 course meal coming our way. Once we were seated, we saw people several tables away from us with fun glowing drinks. Of course, we had to know what they were so we inquired and we were told about this delicious drink called Hollywood Lights. It was some mixture of rum, pineapple and some other fruit juices. I can’t quite remember but it was absolutely delicious and incredibly fun to watch the colors change.

I had never been on the deluxe plan before so I was very excited to have 3 courses every meal. I can’t actually eat that much food but it was amazing to have the options to eat whatever I wanted! First up was the delicious crab cake. Then I had the salmon dish but I forgot to take a picture of it. It was so delicious and I was so hungry that I just devoured about half of it before I realized I forgot to snap a photo. However, it was quite ugly looking by then so I just finished eating and remembered to get one of dessert. I had the grapefruit cake. If you like grapefruit and cream cheese then you’d love this cake.

After dinner, we decided that we should head over to Animal Kingdom. I had been checking times for several weeks before we left and I found out that Animal Kingdom would have EMH until 10pm that night. It didn’t matter to me that I had been up since 1am, I HAD to see Animal Kingdom at night. It was something I had never experienced before and I was very, very excited!

First thing we did when we got there was Dinosaur because it was still kind of hot out and the line wasn’t too long. It’s my favorite ride so I was quite all right with that. We got seated in the very back of a time rover and I have to say, it seemed way more fun this time than any other time I went on it.

After that we headed over to Expedition Everest. The line wasn’t too long because EMH had already started. Though it wasn’t exactly dark out yet, I was still excited to see AK from the top of Everest at dusk.

The Tree of Life when we first got there:

Yes, I am making the most ridiculous face ever. :laugh:

What Everest looked like by the time we got off it.

After Everest we started to feel really exhausted. It was already getting late and because we had been up so early we needed to go back to the hotel and get some sleep.

Tree of Life when we left!

We took the bus back to the hotel, showered and were in bed a little after midnight. It was a very long day but it was totally worth it. :happy:


YAY, you are back, oops, or should I say sorry you are back(you know, leaving Disney) ILove the great star you have. Great pictures of your trip so far and can’t wait for more.


Great trip report so far. I can’t wait to hear more…I leave in 10 days so this is getting me very excited!


Those drink look amazing! I will have to try one of those, Im a fan of anything with shiny changing colours in lol


Thanks everyone! I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far!

Oh it was and I’m in that exact same boat! :laugh: I saw it from across the room and was like “I need one of those!”. It was absolutely delicious and fruity. There wasn’t even any aftertaste of alchohol (which could potential be dangerous! :laugh:)

You even get to keep the ice cube. It turns on and off and lasts about 7 days!


What a fun start to your trip! Looks like you had a great time! I can’t wait to read more.:happy:


I see a hidden Mickey in the glass . . . do you see it? :laugh:

Isn’t Lotso so cute . . . to bad he’s a naughty bear :glare:


I have a TON of those ice cubes from years of trips - they all still work just fine. You can buy that at DTD too - they have a black Mickey head on them.

PS. Don’t put them in the freezer, they will crack - they are JUST a decoration not meant to cool the drink. :happy:


[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1041056]I see a hidden Mickey in the glass . . . do you see it? :laugh:

Isn’t Lotso so cute . . . to bad he’s a naughty bear :glare:[/QUOTE]

Oh my! You have really good eyes! I didn’t even notice the hidden Mickey but when you look at it, it’s as clear as day! :laugh:


Loving your trip report…it is getting me more excited…we will be there on Monday, July 26. And, we can’t wait to do Animal Kingdom evening EMH!! It will be awesome to see that park in the dusk/evening hours.


It really was incredible! It was something I had always wanted to see as it is (somewhat) rare. Seeing the pink sunset against Everest was definitely priceless!


great report so far thanks for sharing


Great TR so far! I love the pictures!


Great job on the TR so far. Looks like you had a great time. I am also looking forward to seeing more of it. The HS park is one that we will have to do since my kids really love all the Pixar films.


Great tr! I have to try one of those drinks!


Great start, sounds like you had a good time. I too have never been to AK at night, I thnk it is such a pretty place during the day and with all the lights at night I am sure it would be “magical”.:happy:


WOW!! I’m loving your TR so far! Can’t wait to hear more about your trip. The pictures are fun to look at too.


The next day we had lunch ressies at Le Cellier for 1pm so we decided we should head over to Epcot that morning. We had slept in a bit (we really needed it) and got into the park just a bit before 10am.

We had some time to kill so Raye and I headed over to The Land to grab fast passes for all of us for Soarin’. We were lucky enough to get times for right after lunch so that was perfect. We decided to kill a bit more time by riding Living with the land and then met her parents over in Mouse Gear. We perused a bit but weren’t really looking to shop at the time.

Once we were all together again we had a bit more time so we headed over to the Seas with Nemo. It’s something her mum loves and I hadn’t been on it since it changed so it was good to see. I thought it was very cute.

Saw these adorable guys along the way!

Really ugly fish!

After that we thought it best to head over and check into Le Cellier. Last meal we had was at Studios many many hours ago so it was definitely time to eat! While waiting for her parents to catch up, Raye randomly yelled “Look Canadian” with her camera up.

This is what she got out of it:

Hope it’s not offensive to you lovely Canadians. I was just having an awesome time! :laugh:

After waiting around a bit, it was time to go in! I was excited because I’ve heard good things about Le Cellier but I had never been there before.

However, I forgot to take pictures of the food again. Silly me! :laugh: I was just so hungry I couldn’t contain myself. I had the cheese soup, the filet mignon and sorbet as a dessert. All of it was absolutely wonderful! (I am most definitely missing Disney food right now!)

After lunch it was time to wander World Showcase! We all headed back around and somehow we ended up starting in Mexico. I don’t quite remember why we didn’t just start from Canada. :laugh:

We watched the mariachi band for a bit, they were wishing people happy birthdays but I didn’t manage to get a good picture of them.

Mulan is always hiding off in the shade by the theater which was awesome for us because she needed some love (she was all alone!)

Heading over to Germany, we saw Snow White! I didn’t really get any great pictures with her. I look a bit strange in every photo.

We wandered through more of World Showcase but we knew we’d be back again on Friday so I didn’t take too many pictures this time. We Stopped in Japan for a bit and browsed the store (we love looking at the pretty kimonos!) We then stopped to check out the new museum about the beasts and pop culture that used to be the robot museum. I’m not really into anime (which was what most of the exhibit was about) but it was still really neat to see how Japanese gods transfer over into pop culture.

Making our way over to France we were hanging around a bit so I managed to snap some photos.

We waited around for Aurora because we knew she’d be coming out for a visit! However, those photos didn’t come out so great either. We were hot and sweaty and Aurora was a bit…well…interesting looking.

Over to the UK!

My favorite window display! :laugh:

By now her family was starting to run low on energy but her mom wanted to go see Fantasmic at Studios. She also knew that I had never taken the boat before and was excited for me to do so. We hopped on the boat for the 25 minute over to studios and got a great view of some hotels I had never seen before. (Boardwalk- so pretty!)

France while waiting for the boat:

From inside the boat:

Got to Studios!

However, at this time, Raye and I knew that there was no way we’d make it to first showing of Fantasmic. It was already past 8pm and you all know how quickly it fills up. Her mum was still determined and we kept pushing there. I heard a CM say “standing room only” (which I had been expecting) and since her Mother is walking with a cane because her knee is recovering from an injury, we rushed back to tell her. By the time we got there, the show was full. Her mum was frustrated at that point and they decided to go back to the hotel.

Raye and I were thinking about staying for the later showing but we had breakfast ressies really early in the morning and we wanted to be back in bed before 2am (which is what would have happened if we saw the late showing of Fantasmic).

So, instead of sticking around, we hopped a bus to the TTC and caught the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We knew we’d be there all day the next day so we didn’t care about sticking around for the fireworks or parade that night. We simply went on a few rides over in Tomorrowland before it started to downpour (like crazy!). We took refuge in COP (love this ride!) and got right up front…it was as lamely fun as ever! :laugh:

After that it was time to head back to the hotel. We were tired and it was still downpouring so it just wasn’t worth sticking around anymore. I snapped one more photo of the castle, however I forgot to turn my flash off. It made a somewhat neat/creepy effect!

Back to the hotel for showers and in bed a bit before 1am. We had to get up around 6-7am! Breakfast at Crystal Palace to look forward to!


Oh my goodness your photos are gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing them I loved looking at all of them and your TR is great too.


Wonderful photos!