All ADR's must be at a place you have never eaten before

So for our upcoming trip in May we are mixing it up a bit. We will not be eating at any restaurant we have eaten at in the past.:ohmy: I guess I really want to push myself to get out of my Disney Dining rut.

Here are my first thoughts. I would love suggestions!

Mayan Grill/CSR (we will be staying here for this visit)
50’s Prime Time
Grand Floridian Cafe
Via Napoli
Boma
Cape May Cafe

[QUOTE=QueenofHearts;1065290]So for our upcoming trip in May we are mixing it up a bit. We will not be eating at any restaurant we have eaten at in the past.:ohmy: I guess I really want to push myself to get out of my Disney Dining rut.

Here are my first thoughts. I would love suggestions!

Mayan Grill/CSR (we will be staying here for this visit)
50’s Prime Time
Grand Floridian Cafe
Via Napoli
Boma
Cape May Cafe[/QUOTE]

That is so funny I just got off the phone with my BFF and we are planning a trip in September and are doing the same thing…or at least trying to…nothing we’ve done before…Good luck to you! I like 50’s Prime time and Via Napoli and GF Cafe are on our list too

I think that’s a great idea. We always try to get somewhere new, but not all adrs. I think that is adventurous and fun. (By the way, we love Boma. Good choice!)

I tried to do some of this. Napoli is the one which has some sketchy reviews. I’m trying la hacienda san angel and teppan edo for the first time coming up

Teppen Edo is fun… the portions aren’t huge, might be better for a lighter lunch. we did it last time and are doing it again next trip

We did this with some of are adrs last trip. Cape Cafe is good.

Boma is really good. 50s is good and a lot of fun!

We are following the same rule for several of ours this year:
Via Napoli
Sci Fi
Hollywood Brown Derby
Hacienda San Angel
Jiko

Which is better? Jiko or Boma?

WOW how brave are you - no tsure i could do that for the full trip.

I would recomend Cape May Cafe ( even though it took us around two and a half hrs to get there on disney transport) (its a long story:ohmy:)

VERY BRAVE! We always have at least 1-2 new ones on our list but not all. We did Via Napoli for the first time in November and were not disappointed. The pizza was wonderful.

I think its a brave move too, but then again I am really envious that you have the guts to do it. We tend to stick to the same old same old, and it can get a little boring. But there is always the nagging thought if we tried somewhere new and what if we dont like it as much…you know that goes!
Keen to know how it goes for you, I love your choices too.

We try to pick a couple of newbies each trip as well as frequent our favs. And then there’s the “whatever’s closest when we get hungry” too.

Our newbies this trip are…Tusker House-lunch, Via Napoli-Dinner, Plaza-Dinner and Beaches & Cream-lunch/snack.
That kitchen Sink isa callin my name!:laugh:

You know, in all the times we’ve stayed at AKL, we have never tried Jiko, although I have heard wonderful things about it. There is definitely a different personality between the two. Boma is more “lively.” People are laughing, talking, having a great time. Jiko is more intimate and quiet. So, without being able to comment on the food comparison, you can definitely decide with what type of surroundings you are looking for in that evening.

I am feeling good about my decision based on some of the feedback I am getting from you guys. :biggrin: Thanks so much! BTW for those of you trying Sci Fi and Teppan Edo you will not be disappointed. My children found these two places to be the highlight of our ADR’s on our last trip.

[QUOTE=jimbo;1065350]WOW how brave are you - no tsure i could do that for the full trip.

I would recomend Cape May Cafe ( even though it took us around two and a half hrs to get there on disney transport) (its a long story:ohmy:)[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if this would be an issue. If I go back to the CSR for a swim and head to BC for dinner do you have any suggestions? I was thinking DD and switch to BC bus.

We tend to go back to our favorites, as well.

I’ve never eaten at Maya Grill, but I say definitely try that since you’ll be staying at the resort.

Of that list, I’ve eaten at 50’s Prime Time and Boma.

50’s Prime Time is fun. Some complain about the food quality, but I’ve never had a problem with it.

Boma is AMAZING, but it is a bit on the expensive side. We ate there for the first time over Christmas break, last year, and while we all enjoyed it, we agreed that it isn’t an ADR to book every time… which is perfect for your situation! :happy:

That’s a great idea! We’re trying 2 new places when we’re there in April based on recommendations from friends. We’re going to lunch at Le Cellier and dinner at Fulton’s Crab House. Looking forward to it!

I’ve eaten at the Cape May Cafe and the food was very good. My son, a picky eater, ate everything on his plate!

I’m going to do this next trip. Since it’ll be only dh and myself, I’m going to concentrate on the more adult, quieter places. I’ve always wanted to try Bistro de Paris. The must-dos every trip for us tend to be quick stops, like Earl of Sandwich for the original and Kringla Bakery for a cream horn. One place I’m determined to go back to is Sci-Fi Diner. It was the very first sit-down restaurant we ate in in 1994 - and we’ve never been back. I want to do it again.

Sounds like a great time!! I wish I could do that but I definitely have some favs that I HAVE to experience each time I go… but I do try to always add newbies so we can try them all eventually.

Boma is great and a must do for us-DH is in love with this place:wub::wub: and are fans of 50’s Prime Time too!!

We will probably try Via Napoli on our upcoming trip also!!

I am excited too since we will be trying 1900 Park Fare for breakfast for the first time next trip too. I have heard great things about it and hope it lives up to all the chatter:happy::happy:

Make sure to share after so we know if all were hits or if some are misses-I bet all are HITS though!!

[QUOTE=Toriadavis;1065567]Sounds like a great time!! I wish I could do that but I definitely have some favs that I HAVE to experience each time I go… but I do try to always add newbies so we can try them all eventually.

Boma is great and a must do for us-DH is in love with this place:wub::wub: and are fans of 50’s Prime Time too!!

We will probably try Via Napoli on our upcoming trip also!!

I am excited too since we will be trying 1900 Park Fare for breakfast for the first time next trip too. I have heard great things about it and hope it lives up to all the chatter:happy::happy:

Make sure to share after so we know if all were hits or if some are misses-I bet all are HITS though!![/QUOTE]

We did 1900 Park Fare when my daughter was 7 months old and we have the sweetest photos of her with Cinderella and Prince Charming. The food was good we got a lot of attention from all the characters. I am sure you will have a wonderful time!