All Star Resort is best?

My cousin is planning a trip to WDW and their budget only allows for the All Star Resort’s. Since I have not stayed at one yet I can not help her on which one to choose. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

we have stayed at all star the past 4 trips and we really like them. in my opinion, we really don’t spend alot of time in our room so why spend extra $$$ on a room. i would rather put that $ on something else at disney. our last trip we stayed at sports (sports is the oldest of the all stars) and this year we plan to stay at pop century (the newest). we have never had a problem and have always enjoyed our stay at the all stars. hope you have a great trip.

I have stayed in All-Star Music and Movies. From what I can gather of Sports, alot of teams stay there during tournys and competition.
Personally, I like the Movies better…we stayed in Music for the Family Suite…but I felt Mousekeeping was better at Movies and also the Front Desk folks were better at Movies… Not saying Music was bad because they were great, but Movies was just hands down better.

Remy - we always arrive about 6am. At Movies they searched and found a room for us right then. It was unexpected and lucky I know. At Music, they did not have room…which was OK - we had breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey’s at opening, then we went to MK for a bit…We went back around lunch and waited in the lobby and shopped in the gift store. I checked a couple of times politely - and after an hour and a half the same person I asked 3 times about a room…on the 4th time asked if I wanted her to check and see if another room was available - she was waiting on my room we booked to open. I should have been more specific but I thought, “When you get a room we will be sitting right over there, just call us.”
Also, we left souveniers out EVERY morning, hoping to come back to a room that had been given some magic, but only came back to the same old towel animals in the window that had been there the whole week. At Music - every day was different…the best was a Chip and Dale stuffed animal thingy we bought was sitting on the bed with remote in hand and the TV was on…“they were watching”
Lastly - I needed internet badly for work at Music - I called - we had problems getting hooked up - they said they would send a technician on Day 2 of stay. He never showed. I had to do everything over Blackberry and phone calls.
I give music an 8 out of 10 for our stay there (considering it is value) but Movies was at least a 9.

I like the movies the best as well DS loves Toy Story so we always have to stay there. but all 4 are nice.

IMO Pop is the best of the Values. The All Stars have lots of Kids & groups at them where POP is more family oriented. At ASMo last year there were kids out carrying on at all hours of the night & then up early making all kinds of noise when getting ready for their competition that day.

I have stayed at the Pop and Music, we love the Pop and that where we will be this year, music is nice if you need a bigger room because they have the family suites. I think Pop is better because they have their own buses and when we stayed at Music we had to stop and the Movies and Sports on our way back at the end of the night because they share buses. Food is also better at Pop than Music

I’d say Pop, it’s about the same price range. Our past three trips we’ve stayed at a value and we chose Pop every time. I’m staying there this September as well. It can be noisy depending on if you’re near a pool or not. But the atmosphere is so festive and it has a great food court and gift shop.

I have to agree with this. POP is definitely the best of the values.

I don’t see any real difference between the 4 values.
In practice, Pop is closer to DTD than the All Stars while of course the All Stars are closer to AK. All are about the same distance to the other three parks. Pop doesn’t share its buses with anyone else, but is 50% larger than any one All Star (3,000 rooms vs 2,000 rooms) but if they ever finish the first half of the Pop Century, both complexes will feature 6,000 rooms total.
Amenities, they’re all the same.

POP CENTURY! haha. :blush: thats our favorite value resort. But we also stayed at Movies and Sports. And we didn’t really like either, but Movies was better theme for us. But the buses are a pain!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1031625]I don’t see any real difference between the 4 values.
In practice, Pop is closer to DTD than the All Stars while of course the All Stars are closer to AK. All are about the same distance to the other three parks. Pop doesn’t share its buses with anyone else, but is 50% larger than any one All Star (3,000 rooms vs 2,000 rooms) but if they ever finish the first half of the Pop Century, both complexes will feature 6,000 rooms total.
Amenities, they’re all the same.[/QUOTE]

Having stayed at both Pop and an All Star, I can tell you that the bus situation is the one reason that Pop is better. The All Star buses were so crowded when we stayed there that it took forever for a bus to come along that we could actually get on! After a couple of days of that, we just decided to drive ourselves since we had our car anyway. We’ve stayed at Pop many times and never had that problem. At any other resort, the only parks we drive to are Animal Kingdom and the water parks, and that’s only because we don’t want to get on a freezing cold bus while being wet from either Kail River Rapids at AK or from playing in the water parks.

We’ve stayed at AS Music and Sports, and really enjoyed our room at the Tennis section of AS Sports, and would recommend that resort and location in a heartbeat.

Ive only stayed in Pop and Movies. DO POP! Its the only one that has its own bus service! plus, its neat! lol

Oh, and the tie dyed cheesecake is the best!

We stayed at All star movies in Mighty Ducks Building 3 and we absolutely loved it. We were right at the quiet pool and it wasn’t that far or a walk to the main area!!!

Pay the extra $25 a night and go Mod! :blush: CSR has Queen beds with pillow tops, fridges and a pool sides, so worth the little extra.

We do weekend trips to the values all the time. (I do prefer CSR though) we drive to the parks so the buses aren’t an issue for us. Pop! is the newer one and was recently refurbed, better dining there too.

We stayed at All Star Movies last weekend and it was a lot of fun. We were in the Mighty Ducks building, so we were right behind the lobby/food court of Music so we used their pool and dining. It was like getting a preferred room at music without paying for it and without the pool noise! :laugh:

Just a side note: I thought all the values had their OWN buses now?

We’ve only stayed at Movies and we loved it! Great Mousekeeping, nice pool, lovely food court and, the kids loved the theme.

We have stayed at all the values except sports. I also do believe that they all have their own buses now. loved the pool at movies had a preferred room only way to go for being close to the food court and pool. but at the all stars only Music has pool side movies and activities for the kids. at least that is how it was last time we where there. Pop has a bigger gift store and bigger food court also. As well as poolside activities for kids. I would just pick one that has a theme they would like to be around and go for it. not really a no loose situation it is Disney after all.

I was going to stay at the movies this aug but have now changed to the pop. When talking to cm on the phone today I asked about the buses and she told me they still share the buses for the all stars.