All the attractions that never were

Alright, it has been a while sense i have been on here. Last time posted a thread it was on the ‘hauntings’ of Disney, which turned out amazing. But this is a much better thread.
All the plans that never were at Disney

List of never built Disney attractions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are some really cool ideas in there…some that would have really made a WDW even more fun.

Here’s a few I personally would have loved to see.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Toontown Trolley A madcap adventure that would have flight simulators surrounded by animated screens to take guests on a hare-raising trolley ride through a zany cartoon world with Roger Rabbit at the helm.
The Great Muppet Movie Ride A misguided tour through movie history – Muppet-style
Chinese Theater’s Villain Ride A 3D adventure where WDW visitors would have been menaced by three dimensional recreations of Disney’s most famous fiends before the forces of good finally came to their rescue. Planned for the Disney-MGM Studios and would have replaced The Great Movie Ride at Walt Disney World.

Epcot

Mt Fuji Roller Coaster A roller coaster modeled after the Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland. Planned for the Japan Pavilion at Epcot. It was rejected after protests by Eastman Kodak, sponsor of Journey Into Imagination over a ride sharing the name of their biggest competitor, Fujifilm.
Simulated Bullet Train Ride A unique variation of Disney’s CircleVision 360 show. These WDW guests would have found themselves standing on board a vibrating recreation of the passenger compartment of a Japanese bullet train. By looking out through the over-sized faux windows in this passenger car these folks would then have been treated to a high-speed travelogue. As some of Japan’s most beautiful scenery continually whizzed by all of the windows. Planned for the Japan Pavilion at Epcot.
Godzilla Bullet Train Ride Similar to both the Mt. Fuji and Bullet Train ideas, though having the bullet train run afoul of Godzilla in Tokyo Bay, leading to a race against time to get to safety. Planned for the Japan Pavilion at Epcot.

There were also a few cool ride planned for another land at AK…the rollercoaster possibilities mostly appeal to me being a thrill ride junkie.

I also seen some really cool resort plans that never came to be.

Thanks for the fun link…cool to see what could have been and isn’t.

Hey I want that Mt Fuji Roller Coaster! :laugh: That sounds like fun!!! Can’t they just change the name to something else? :laugh:

My point exactly!!! WDW needs more coasters!

I agree!!!

They are actually missing a couple: Japan had an attraction planned. It was actually built but for a reason I can’t remember, was shipped to I think tokyo Disneyland. The ride entrance was to be through the big gates in the back. The pad was even poured for it.

Also there was supposed to be a large game room in the Comunicore. They even had the windows covered with banners that it was “coming soon”

Thank you for the link! Very interesting!

I think WDW needs more thrill rides too.

Question, do you think that all of those ideas are scratched 100%? I mean there could be a possibility that some of those attractions could still be in planning/reworking stages.

Lisa

I don’t think anything is ever scratched 100%. Probably just got lost in the idea bank.

Oh my! I love some of these ideas!
A Mediterranean Hotel…I would LOVE that.
Mt. Fugi Rollercoaster

And Ok…there are like 8 million Roger Rabbit rides on here that were scratched. I love that movie (and Dick Tracy!) and I wish at least one or two of these rides made it to the parks.

They did! It’s called Expedition Everest and they moved it to Animal Kingdom.

Definitely some great ideas in there.

The thought of new Disney stuff makes me sooooooooooooo happy. I can only hope either new lands or new theme parks will be built in the future for us to enjoy :slight_smile:

Very interesting concepts here.

And they had to do that because they gave up Dueling Dragons to Universal.

Amazing how all of you are clamoring for more coasters but when I suggested Disney’s Coaster Kingdom, I got jumped on for it being such an impure unDisney idea.

All the Roger Rabbit attractions got scratched because Eisner honked off Spielberg, so Spielberg wouldn’t allow the use of Roger Rabbit for anything after the Disneyland ride.

eh, Eisner is no Walt, too bad too. Because After Walt’s passing (RIP), they found a video of Walt giving instructions on how to run the company upon his ‘absence’. He told them to start a national chain of Disney Coffee Shoppes, Acquire more legal rights to Winnie the Pooh, and NEVER EVER build a California themed park…plus some others…

Thank you so much for posting this! I am a resort nut so I would have liked to have seen the resort ideas come to fruition as opposed to the coasters