All you Florida residents with passes, HELP!

We have bought a place in Florida and wondered what it takes to get a resident’s pass. I went to the official site and it stated you had to have a DL or other form of ID to get one. Owning a place won’t do it?

Nope, you have to show FL resident ID. Possibly you could call them, maybe some sort of land ownership papers would work.

Property ownership is not the same as residency.
From All Ears:

Proof of Florida residency is required – you must provide any one of the following:

* Florida driver's license
* Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
* Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID
* Florida college/university ID
* Florida-based military ID

In other words, you have to be able to show that you genuinely live in Florida, at least part of the year.

I guess you could get a FL DL, or you could buy DVC and get the member AP. Same price. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1024089]Property ownership is not the same as residency.
From All Ears:

Proof of Florida residency is required – you must provide any one of the following:

* Florida driver's license
* Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
* Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID
* Florida college/university ID
* [B]Florida-based military ID[/B]

In other words, you have to be able to show that you genuinely live in Florida, at least part of the year.[/QUOTE]

So that means that even though I have an OH DL and am a resident there (even though i’ve never lived there a day in my life,lol) that if we were stationed at Eglin I could get a FL resident pass by showing my ID and a copy of our orders? SWEET!!!:goofybounce:

You should be able to obtain a Florida ID (FID) card, if they still issue them.
I heard they were going to stop issuing them… don’t know the details.
You can call your local BMV around where your Florida property is to find out for sure.
I know they did a few years ago.
To obtain a FID, you need to take proof of ownership, like an electric bill or the like to the BMV. If you have a passport, take it along with you too. I think you need 2 sources of proof of who you are. You get a card that looks like a drivers license, but says Florida ID. It has your picture, etc on it.
If they don’t, then I would check w Disney. You may be able to take the same items, gas bill, etc to Disney to show you do have a residence there. The Florida ID is the easiest item to have short of living in Florida, etc, etc.
Good luck.
Frank

Just talked w my wife. If they still do the FID, she said to make sure you have your SS CARD!! I don’t know why… I would think that number is on a passport and your drivers license from your home state. Anyway, she said you would need the gas bill etc AND 2 sources of ID, one of which HAS to be a SS CARD. AND you can make an appointment at the BMV. Most people walk in and take a number. WAY easier w an appointment.
Frank

As of January this year FL requires more documentation than previous years to obtain or renew a FL license, not sure about the ID card though.