Allowed Halloween costumes

We are doing the halloween party again this year.we have done it before but havent dressed up.my dd w
as thinking of dressing in costume just this once .whats is aloowd .I understand no disney characters.

You can be a Disney character … It just cant be super realistic.

As long as you aren’t wearing a legit-looking Disney costume and walking around telling people that you’re Cinderella, you should be fine.

I’ve seen whole families dressed in official Incredibles costumes, so there’s that little wrinkle. There was a hard fast rule that you could not cover your face and you could not wear masks, but last year, we saw several guests with covered faces.
I’d say, keep it within reason and don’t cover your face. And consider, the more elaborate the costume, the harder it will be to ride comfortably.

You can definitely dress as Disney characters. I’ve dressed as Belle and Alice so far, and I did them as close to the actual characters as I could. The year I went as Alice, I went with 2 friends who dressed as the Mad Hatter and the March Hare, and we got lots of compliments from Cast Members. We even had our picture taken by a Disney plain-clothes employee for the ads for next year’s MNSSHP - so Disney definitely doesn’t have a problem with you dressing like their characters. Like LittleMissMagic said, you just can’t present yourself as if you ARE the characters, as in no giving autographs or things like that.

They used to have rules posted on disneyworld.com for what you could and could not wear. Since they’ve redone the website, it won’t display on my comp at all, so I don’t know if the rules are still posted or if this is even the right link, but you could try this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

The only rules I can remember for sure are no masks that cover your face and no weapons (swords, etc). But then again, I haven’t checked the rules in a while so these may have changed.

Princess Jill, that’s the funny thing. Seemingly forever, no masks or covered faces were allowed, yet last year we saw plenty of fully covered faces, both painted and masked. To be safe, I wouldn’t cover your face. Beyond that, you’re pretty free with the caveat that I’d keep it family friendly.
No S&M dominatrixes and their “gimps” and no bare “naughty bits”.

Pirates are pretty popular as well, but really? How many fully costumed Captain Jack Sparrows do we really need?

No being me.

Who would want to?
Especially with that pink tutu.

I remember reading the rules last year, and masks are allowed, but they cannot obstruct your vision. They must also be family friendly (so the Jason mask is a no-no…).

Last year my husband and I decided to try MNSSHP for the first time. We figured we would stay away from the Disney costumes the first tie to see how it went. So, we dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. It was amazing how many people wanted their pictures taken with us. At one point on Main Street we had a small line of 5-6 kids waiting for pictures. We tried to brush it off without being rude since I had heard all the don’ts on this board. We had fun with it. Kids want to have their picture taken with ANY characters, including us.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1134472]Princess Jill, that’s the funny thing. Seemingly forever, no masks or covered faces were allowed, yet last year we saw plenty of fully covered faces, both painted and masked. To be safe, I wouldn’t cover your face. Beyond that, you’re pretty free with the caveat that I’d keep it family friendly.
No S&M dominatrixes and their “gimps” and no bare “naughty bits”.

Pirates are pretty popular as well, but really? How many fully costumed Captain Jack Sparrows do we really need?[/QUOTE]

At 56 and 61 my dh and i are definatly not the naughty costume typs lol.

Interesting! Sounds like the rules are changing.

The Jason mask is a no no? But what if I’m supposed to be an NHL goalie? And I’m certain I saw the Scream killer’s mask last year.

I would think you would just use best judgement when it comes to costumes. Nothing offensive (although I am sure some people can manage to be offended by anything), nothing too gory… We opt for Halloween Tshirts and some crazy socks and call it a night.

I remember seeing “Cinderella” swearing like a sailor and smoking one year…that was interesting to explain…

Dd will do something cute.being a cast member she wont go crazy