Am I Missing Any?

I have a 12 day, 11 night trip planned in October and I am starting to map out everywhere we want to eat! My boyfriend and I went to Disney in August of 2008 and we felt like the crowds and the heat were so overwhelming that we didn’t quite get to explore and see as much of Disney as we wanted. So this time around (hoping for a few degrees cooler and less children) we REALLY want to try to “see it all” (the quotes because it is impossible to see it all within 12 days, but we just want to see as much as we can!). So with that in mind, I was wondering if you all could look at the places I have planned and tell me if I am really missing out on a great place? We’re going to be staying at the Grand Floridian, and I’m not even planning to eat at any of the fancy places there. I considered Victoria & Albert’s…but I’m not too adventurous when it comes to trying odd food. Objections?

Places I’m Planning To Eat At:
Kona Cafe (breakfast)
Rainforest Cafe (breakfast)
Coral Reef (lunch)
Rose & Crown Pub (lunch)
Columbia Harbor House (lunch)
50’s Prime-Time Cafe (lunch)
Tony’s Town Square (lunch)
Sci-Fi Drive-In (dinner)
Fulton’s Crabhouse (dinner)
Ohana’s (dinner)
San Angel Inn (dinner)
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (dinner)
TRex Cafe (dinner)
Nine Dragons (dinner)
Flying Fish (dinner)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

If you are looking for places with lees kids, then I might rethink T-rex and Rain Forest. Thats just my opinion.Those seem to attract a bit more kids because of the atmosphere. The rest sound really nice. Another really nice place would be The Wave. It would be nice for two people.

I would rethink Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex. If you want a nice dinner, go with California Grill. It’s got a great filet and wine selection. They have a balcony that you can walk out on and see Wishes, the MK fireworks show! I love it there, I’m going again in September for my 21st and eating there that night!

LeCellier is always a great place to try!! Must do for us is Chef Mickey’s, Crystal Palace and Tusker House–but these will all attract children!!!:laugh:

Thanks everyone. And yes, Rainforest and TRex may be a tad childish but I love the atmosphere! I may give California Grill a go, thanks lsutigerlilly! Hope you enjoy your 21st there! And mommyof2, children during dining are ok by me! Haha, I just meant I’m hoping for less children in the park during October than I experienced during August.

I would choose either Rainforest or T-Rex (because they are both almost identical). Just choose what you prefer - a gorilla or a dinosaur.

Nine Dragons consistently gets pretty bad reviews. It’s mediocre food at high prices - you can probably get much better Chinese food in your own neighbourhood. If you are looking for a restaurant in Epcot, try LeCellier, but phone now to get a reservation.

Kona serves a great breakfast and Columiba HH is great for lunch - if you like tuna try their tuna sandwich - yes, I know a tuna sandwich doesn’t sound exciting, but this one is :wub:

Do you love fish? Because you’ve got three seafood restaurants. Flying Fish is wonderful. Fulton’s doesn’t live up to the prices. Opinions on Coral Reef are mixed. Personally, I would keep Flying Fish and maybe change the other two.

I’d like to think im a veteran when it comes to disney but im sure others have a LOT more to say than I but let me give you what i’ve found.

Rainforest Cafe (breakfast)- honestly waste of time. It’s cute but not worth the hassel.

Coral Reef (lunch)- used to be a whole lot better back “in the day” but still a pretty nice place.

Sci-Fi Drive-In (dinner) I so hope they changed the menu becuase the last time i went there (probably 10 years ago) the food was HORRIBLE!

Ohana’s (dinner) from what I hear (not experience) there are children ALL OVER and the food is average.

San Angel Inn (dinner)- I WOULD AVOID.

TRex Cafe (dinner) if you are serious book ASAP i tried to get a reservation for that place and it was booked soild for when i am going.

Nine Dragons (dinner) NO NO NO! I went once and that was the biggest mistake of my life. The food was terrible.

Where I LOVE is Beirgarten in Germany… the food… average but the entertainment… awesome! I love germany and it’s a MUST go every time I go.

im a huge fan of Pooh so Crystal palace is always getting my vote.

Plaza in magic kingdom is nice for like a burger type meal. I liked it more for the atomphere.

I also am partial to captian jack’s in dtd it is cute but i think im in the minority on that one.

and the cuban place in dtd i love too but again must people will disagree with me.

Have a fun trip!

Thanks! I’m so excited! And it sounds like you got a pretty good dining itinerary! Hope it all works out and you have a blast!! I’m jealous that you get to stay for that long!

We are big fans of California Grill as well- and you might have to wait a bit but request a window seat. It is such a treat to be able to watch Wishes from above. I also would rethink Rainforest Cafe- they are a chain and not exclusive to Disney ( we have one here in CT ) LeCellier is our favorite place for a single credit meal- we always do that for just Ed and I. My dad and stepmother loved the clambake at Cape May- they are very picky too so that is something I think I will try sometime myself. We have never had a good dinner experience at sci fi - the kids think its spicy so if you are not adventurous you might want to look into the menu and perhaps lunch instead.

Victoria and Albert’s is not a place with odd or experimental food. It is an upscale romantic setting with food that will make your tongue wag. It is very sedate with a harpist playing in the background.

Did I miss someone recommending Narcoossee’s? or Citricos in the Grand Floridian. Both very nice w/a view of the fireworks.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1029828]Victoria and Albert’s is not a place with odd or experimental food. It is an upscale romantic setting with food that will make your tongue wag. It is very sedate with a harpist playing in the background.

Did I miss someone recommending Narcoossee’s? or Citricos in the Grand Floridian. Both very nice w/a view of the fireworks.[/QUOTE]

Well I looked up menu items for Victoria & Albert’s and I saw things such as veal and escargot…not my kind of meal. The reviews are great so I’d love to go, but I’m too nervous to spend that kind of money and then not like it. I may end up trying Narcoossee’s though! What did you eat at Victoria & Albert’s?

[QUOTE=tiffanytaylor;1029795]I’d like to think im a veteran when it comes to disney but im sure others have a LOT more to say than I but let me give you what i’ve found.

Rainforest Cafe (breakfast)- honestly waste of time. It’s cute but not worth the hassel.

Coral Reef (lunch)- used to be a whole lot better back “in the day” but still a pretty nice place.

Sci-Fi Drive-In (dinner) I so hope they changed the menu becuase the last time i went there (probably 10 years ago) the food was HORRIBLE!

Ohana’s (dinner) from what I hear (not experience) there are children ALL OVER and the food is average.

San Angel Inn (dinner)- I WOULD AVOID.

TRex Cafe (dinner) if you are serious book ASAP i tried to get a reservation for that place and it was booked soild for when i am going.

Nine Dragons (dinner) NO NO NO! I went once and that was the biggest mistake of my life. The food was terrible.

Where I LOVE is Beirgarten in Germany… the food… average but the entertainment… awesome! I love germany and it’s a MUST go every time I go.

im a huge fan of Pooh so Crystal palace is always getting my vote.

Plaza in magic kingdom is nice for like a burger type meal. I liked it more for the atomphere.

I also am partial to captian jack’s in dtd it is cute but i think im in the minority on that one.

and the cuban place in dtd i love too but again must people will disagree with me.

Have a fun trip![/QUOTE]

Wow! Thanks for being so in detail! It’s so hard for me to decide because everyone feels differently! I’m just trying to find the best and I’m not too sure I know what that is anymore.

Your plans sounds great to me

my two cents worth is if you are in DTD and want a quick counter service meal you can not go wrong with wolf gang puck express more like a table service than counter. Also, at Epcot Akersurs in Norway is really good also. Le ceiller if you can get res. Is on my personal wish list for next visit. But so many wonderful places to eat and never enough time. If you live near a rainforest cafe I might rethink it if not a must with all the disney options available that are not a chain store resturant available just my opinion though.

We’re big fans of O’hana’s, Kona Cafe, and Columbia Harbour House. Excellent choices. As for anything missing, my family loves Le Cellier and Biergarten for dinner at Epcot and Crystal Palace for breakfast at the MK…Just a few other choices you might want to mull over :happy: