Am I the only one with NO interest in the Grand Floridian?

Just out of curiosity I was wondering what everyone else’s relationship is with the Grand Floridian? Is it like a dream resort for you, the apitomy of Disney luxury, does it bore you & you have no interest, etc?

I ask because whenever I seem to talk to co-workers, friends, other family, etc. they seem to always mention how either they’ve “always dreeeeamed of staying there” or “that was the most beautiful place we’ve ever stayed.”

Don’t get me wrong, I am not dissing the GF or people who love it but it reminds me of my Nana’s old bedroom & I have ZERO interest in staying there what-so-ever. The whole place just kinda bores me. It’s conventionally pretty but it’s just so not me, I guess.

Am I the only one in the world? :laugh:

I would like to stay there once. It’s so beautiful, I love the feeling I’ve gotten when we visited. It’s not a ‘dream’ resort or even a goal of ours but if I ever had the chance I would love to try it.

We have some good friends who only stay there and LOVE it. They go at least once a year and have become spoiled by the staff.

It’s beautiful, and I would love to be on the monorail, but it’s a little too quiet for me. I need a little wild, I think!

The Contempo (and BLT) also don’t appeal to me, because I am not a lover of contemporary furnishings.

Poly, BW, BC, POR – and SSR!!! – are right up my alley!

Nope. I also have no interest in staying there.
We went to the 1900 park faire there and when we were in the hotel lobby I felt like it was yelling at DD6 to ‘not touch anything’!!
we have always stayed at Value’s…honestly, when im in Disney on vacation, i dont need a big fancy hotel to go back to at night.
I need a bed & a bathroom.:laugh:

although i would like to stay at the Poly one day…:wub:

I’ll stay anywhere Disney once but if I had to choose between ALL the “deluxe” or DVC resorts the Grand Floridian would literally be at the bottom of the list for me. :laugh: Hmmm… my list would look like this, from most favorite to least:

1. Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary :heart:
  2. Polynesian
  3. AKV/AKL
  4. WL/WLV
  5. Yacht/Beach
  6. Old Key West
  7. Saratoga
  8. Boardwalk
  9. Grand Floridian :laugh:

(Not counting the Swolphin in my list)

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1013379]Nope. I also have no interest in staying there.
We went to the 1900 park faire there and when we were in the hotel lobby I felt like it was yelling at DD6 to ‘not touch anything’!!
we have always stayed at Value’s…honestly, when im in Disney on vacation, i dont need a big fancy hotel to go back to at night.
I need a bed & a bathroom.:laugh:

although i would like to stay at the Poly one day…:wub:[/QUOTE]

WAIT, your post reminded me, I’d never stay at All-Star Sports either; that’s it. No Grand Floridian & no All-Star Sports. :laugh: Everywhere else is ok with me. :laugh:

The Poly is at the bottom of my deluxe list. I really don’t like the look of it, it’s too dark and 70s looking to me. I’m always wondering if I’ll see the Brady kids while we’re there.

DH and I had the same conversation last September… out of all the resorts the only one that I really don’t want to stay at is the GF… We go over for dinner and I feel alittle out of place. that could be just me. I would rather stay at the Poly or WL

hehe, that’s so funny. That’s my EXACT appeal to it! :tongue:

That’s the beautly of having so many themes to choose from, we can all find a resort the we love.

of the values we prefer POP. it was so family oriented!!
we DIDNT like Movies…wait, not that we didnt like it, there were too many groups of kids for us. lacrosse, basketball, baseball…and their mouths :pinch:!!!
excuse me, there are famlies here!!! my mom was ready to scold the one table of boys!!:laugh::laugh:

There really is just about an aesthetic for everyone, isn’t there? Really, what’s missing? :laugh:

I originally thought that I would hate the poly because it is dark… I am a bright colors girl (the more white and bright, the better)… Until I went… When you are in the room with the curtains closed taking an afternoon nap out of that bright, intense florida sunshine… It is FABULOUS… Also, once you are there,you sorta forget that it is dark- you welcome it… You also forget that you are in Florida, and not Hawaii…really…

I would love to stay at the GF.
I have absolutely no interest in any of the values or the Poly. (I know that hurts the ones that love it there. I have never been comfortable even going to dinner there)

When I think about the GF, the movie “Somewhere in Time” comes to mind, that Victorian “let’s have tea” kind of feeling.

An Italian hotel would be good around EPCOT… You could easily work the waterway in to the scheme of the hotel… Bring back the Venetian, I say!

I don’t really want to stay at GF either. I used to think I would want to stay there until I actually stopped to check it out and I just felt so out of place.

I love it. :laugh: It’s definitely my first choice of Disney resorts. I love how it’s one monorail stop away from MK. I enjoy the quiet, relaxing atmosphere. It’s like the perfect escape from the craziness of the parks. I think that’s why I love it so much - you wouldn’t expect to find a resort like that at a theme park.

It was always my mother’s dream resort, but back when I was a kid, it didn’t reallly appeal to me. I was much more drawn to the Contemporary. I loved how the monorail went through it. Honestly, I had little desire to stay there. And now it’s my favorite.

I’m not a fan of the values. I’ve stayed there with the band, and they serve their purpose, but unless I’m in a big group of crazy teenagers, I don’t think I’d want to stay there. However, I can see why families with young children enjoy the values so much. The iconic Disney features are probably more impressive to youngsters than the fanciness of the GF.

I love it too- to me it’s the epitome of de-luxe resort Disney style at least. Maybe the appeal to me is the Victoriana, the ‘Englishness’ of the characters that appear at 1900 Park Fayre, the fact that Princess Diana stayed there- but then I guess it wouldn’t do if we all liked the same.

I stayed there when I was 12 and didn’t want to…I also remember crying. I should stay again as an adult and see how I feel.

If just DH and I were going I’d consider staying there. Maybe. But when we resort hopped to look at Christmas decorations, DS thought it looked way too “fancy” to stay there. Not his cup of tea! I’m thinkin’ the same thing, actually. :laugh: