Am I waisting my time?

For my short trip with my Mom, I’m trying to get adr’s for Cinderella’s Royal Table for Monday’s dinner and LeCellier for Tuesday’s lunch or dinner. I’ve been trying for the past week, calling every day for a cancellation. Today, I call Disney dining and an older lady answered this time and after I told her which restuarant, she said “oh no honey, they are booked solid.” I told her I know, but am trying everyday for a cancellation. Her response “Why in the world would you do that?” No one cancels these reservations." So…am I waisting my time trying every day, or should I just chug along, hoping for something.

She really said that?:ohmy: Not very Disneyesque (in my opinion). Keep calling. You may never know what will happen… I’m crossing my fingers for you!!:biggrin:

I agree. That wasn’t a very typical response for a CM. If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing on our last trip to get bfast at Chef Mickey’s and dinner at Le Cellier and got both. :mickey: I hope you get them!

Keep trying. I know that CRT is booked on a credit card and there is a certain time period in which one must cancel in order to not be charged. However, I’m unsure of this date and the official website isn’t very helpful (surprise, surprise :laugh:). The unofficial websites are mixed between 24 hours and 48 hours… not quite what I was expecting. But I recall reading somewhere (Unofficial Guide) that the date that cancellations must be made is a good date to find an opening for the most popular dining locations.

I’m assuming you’re booking this restaurant for its location, rather than the characters (since dinner isn’t really character dining and you’re taking your mother). A great alternative to this would be California Grill, which offers an amazing view of MK and Bay Lake and even pipes in the music for fireworks. Narcoosee’s also offers a stunning view of the castle. You might consider making an alternative ADR for one of these restaurants and possibly exchanging it if you find an opening for CRT.

imo. other then the fact of eating in a castle narcooses has better food and has great view of the fireworks. also pipped in the music

I"m going to be brutally honest here.:laugh: Forget the Castle for you and your mom - yes - there - I’ve said it.

You have a chance for a real grown-up vacation without kids and there are a lot of great restaurants for you to try.

My suggestions would be:

Chefs de France - for just the 2 of you, you’ll probably get a window-seat, it’s easy to get a reservation, the food is wonderful and the staff is very friendly.

Flying Fish - on the Boardwalk. An adult menu in a beautiful setting.

Artist’s Point - at Wilderness Lodge. Another beautiful setting. You’ll be able to watch the sunset over Bay Lake - absolutely beautiful.

As for the CM - bad advice. Keep trying for LeCellier. People cancel all the time. Also, if you show up about 20 minutes before they open for lunch, you’ll probably be able to seated.

If you really want to eat there, keep trying. If you might lose your job calling 12 times a day, forget it. I would agree it’s a mighty small chance of getting in but if you’re willing to keep trying, you’re not losing anything but some time. If I was trying for my DGD, I’d keep on dialing.

Keep trying…even after you get there. Worse case scenerio, try a walk up at about 3pm for both. you may get lucky. Lots of people cancel once they are down there. They can’t get to the place on time or just decide to do something else. I wouldn’t give up at all.

[QUOTE=llama;948158]I"m going to be brutally honest here.:laugh: Forget the Castle for you and your mom - yes - there - I’ve said it.

You have a chance for a real grown-up vacation without kids and there are a lot of great restaurants for you to try.

My suggestions would be:

Chefs de France - for just the 2 of you, you’ll probably get a window-seat, it’s easy to get a reservation, the food is wonderful and the staff is very friendly.

Flying Fish - on the Boardwalk. An adult menu in a beautiful setting.

Artist’s Point - at Wilderness Lodge. Another beautiful setting. You’ll be able to watch the sunset over Bay Lake - absolutely beautiful.

As for the CM - bad advice. Keep trying for LeCellier. People cancel all the time. Also, if you show up about 20 minutes before they open for lunch, you’ll probably be able to seated.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Go to Le Cellier right before they open for lunch…since there are only 2 of you, chances are they will be able to seat you right away. Lunch is just as good as dinner there! We had success with this exact strategy the day after Thanksgiving…and it was a MADHOUSE AT EPCOT THAT DAY!!!

[QUOTE=llama;948158]I"m going to be brutally honest here.:laugh: Forget the Castle for you and your mom - yes - there - I’ve said it.

As for the CM - bad advice. Keep trying for LeCellier. People cancel all the time. Also, if you show up about 20 minutes before they open for lunch, you’ll probably be able to seated.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Llama 110%. The castle is the hardest ADR it get and people literally make strategic game plans to get that ADR.

Le Cellier is more possible. Keep trying and if that fails ask your lobby concierge and if that fails walk up to the hostess stand when Llama suggested and try that.

I am going to have to go with Llama and Cinderbella on this one. As two adults who travel to WDW alone all the time I have to say that there are SOOOO many more enjoyable experiences that may surprise you. Although, I am also someone who NEVER gives up so if all else fails show up for a walk-in. Your success will probably depend on how busy the parks are, etc.

If not DON’T sweat it, there are MANY great options!

I was told no refunds unless you cancel more than 48 hours out when i made reservations for Royal Table. (I made reservations 180 days out from my first week of May trip) Also, they charged my credit card immediately so I had paid in advance for the meal. Since people have already paid for this meal, it is probably very unlikely someone will cancel unless they absolutely have to cancel. But, things happen all the time and one may open up for you! It never hurts to keep trying if it’s something that you really want to do. I hope you don’t get your hopes too high that it is likely and maybe it would be a good idea to go ahead and secure one of the other wonderful options suggested, but still keep trying in case something does open up. :slight_smile:

wasting your time. I agree that for adults there are way better options. Castle waiters rush you through.

Why not try The Yachtsman Steakhouse if The Basement is booked.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I believe I will keep trying for LeCellier, but will go over the suggestions you have given for the CRT replacement with my Mom. I’m leaning toward Yachtsmen because I LOVE a good steak! Also, where is Narcoosee’s located out of?

I’m with Briben - go for Yachtsman. The food is just wonderful. We had a great server when we were there. Ask for a table by the windows. We couldn’t have asked for a more memorable meal. Now Yachtsman is on our ‘must do’ list.

Narcoosee’s is at the Grand Floridian.

Narcoossee’s - Grand Floridian - Dinner Menu

Yes do keep trying, you never know, people cancel ressies all the time, and I would do as LLama says, if you can, try a walk up to Le Cellier- just dont give up on it!

narcooses is at the grand Floridian… it is out on a kind of dock it is the white octagon shaped building.

Narcoosee’s is a lovely restaurant in it’s own building at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.

edit - oops… didn’t notice this thread was a two-pager and thought your question went unanswered!

I would keep calling and don’t give up. I was able to get CRT for a 12 noon lunch last May the day before we left. I was able to get breakfast at CRT on Newyears eve on that day so keep calling.