AMC ban on costumes

Read a report about AMC banning costumes in theaters now due to the recent tragedy in CO. It’s the theater in DTD an AMC? Will this ban have an effect on the Halloween/Costume night at DTD in Oct.

AMC Bans Fans From Wearing Costumes In Their Theaters | LEX18.com | Lexington, Kentucky

Movie premiers too-
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/07/20/560291/fox-proposes-banning-costumes-at-movies-amc-theaters-already-has/?mobile=nc

I would assume that it wouldn’t have any effect on people wearing costumes at Downtown Disney to trick-or-treat. The spots are in the market place.

I could see their point in the ban at the Theater, even at DTD but common since would tell you there wouldn’t be a threat with the children in costumes.
I just couldn’t remember for sure if DTD was AMC and wondered if the theater were participating in the ban.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1116686]I could see their point in the ban at the Theater, even at DTD but common since would tell you there wouldn’t be a threat with the children in costumes.
I just couldn’t remember for sure if DTD was AMC and wondered if the theater were participating in the ban.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure. I haven’t read anything. I thought you were asking if they were in the treat route…I apparently can’t understand anything today…sorry my for the confusion my friend.

DD17 works at Tinseltown (Cinemark). She went to work today and they were told new rule is no costumes or big purses were allowed in, even for the employees.
How many people actually wear costumes to movies, even in Disney? Only time i’ve ever seen it is at Rocky Horror Picture Show. I’m showing my age now so I guess I better hush. :happy:

Some of the big event films drawn in rabid fans. I’ve seen mock light saber duels at Star Wars events. At Avengers, I wore a Captain America t-shirt, but not a full costume. A few years ago, I took a towel to “The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe.”