An alternate narrator for Illuminations?

So, I was watching one of my Illuminations videos tonight when a crazy (sardonic?) thought occurred to me.
Can any of you imagine the opening narration being read by Kermit the Frog instead of “Mr. Voice”?
After all, Jiminy Cricket narrates both Wishes and Holiday Wishes. Why not try a new voice for Epcot?
See if you can imagine it. (And then keep a straight face)

I think I would bust out laughing… :laugh: Ah, but I love Kermie!!! He’s so cute.

Actually, a new voice might not be bad. The current Mr. Voice is so serious and dramatic… kinda cheesy in a way.

It’s hilarious jsut thinking about it now, so actually hearing it in person might be dangerous… LOL

I would miss Mr. Voice. Seriously. I don’t mind the cheese, I mean, really. It’s Disney. Alot of it is cheesy anyway. :laugh:

The cheese is what I love. :heart:

I think the premise behind Illuminations IS serious, so the voice of the narrator is appropriate. I like the welling up of feelings I get during Illuminations, and I wouldn’t want anything to change that.
Wishes is a light hearted show in a light hearted place, so Jiminy Cricket is appropriate there.

Hey, I’m not the one who said he thinks Mr. Voice is cheesy.
Of course Reflections of Earth isn’t meant to be light entertainment, especially if you really know the show’s backstory and understand the images projected on the globe. And most especially that “handshake around the world” during We Go On.
The thought about Kermit came to me probably for a couple reasons.
One was the fact that a certain governor’s response to another politician’s national address was likened to Kermit’s voice by many media pundits.
Another is the fact that Muppetvision is a Disney attraction and the Muppets are Disney owned.
That kind of added up to:
“Hello, Kermit the Frog here. We’re gathered here tonight, around the fire, as people of all ages have done for thousands and thousands of years, to share the light and to share a story. An amazing story as old as time itself but still being written. Yea!”

Yeah, that was definitely me. And I didn’t mean it in a bad way. It just is.

And I agree that having an animated character, such as Kermit, narrate would make it a little more lighthearted than Disney intended. I like the voice.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;943949]
See if you can imagine it. (And then keep a straight face)[/QUOTE]

I tried it…I laughed :laugh:

Don’t mess with my Illuminations!

Your Illuminations?
Or rather, “Your” Reflections of Earth?
How many times have you seen it live?
I’ve lost count at 32.
When you add in times I’ve watched recordings of it, I’m well up in the 300 range, if not many more.
I own that show:cool:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;944257]Your Illuminations?
Or rather, “Your” Reflections of Earth?
How many times have you seen it live?
I’ve lost count at 32.
When you add in times I’ve watched recordings of it, I’m well up in the 300 range, if not many more.
I own that show:cool:[/QUOTE]

Um… yeah… :rolleyes:

Yeah! Me too! Don’t miss of Illuminations!

Guess we’re all defending our turf now (giggle).

Hmmm…

If Kermit does the narration, does that mean that Miss Piggy sings “We Go On?”

I was hoping one of you guys would have something to say.
I’m not sure about Miss Piggy singing “We Go On”. But considering how special that song is for you, would it ruin it if she did?

By the way, I hear they’re experimenting with Sam the Eagle hosting The American Experience.:laugh:

Oh, Lordy. :laugh::laugh:

Oh, that is a great idea! :laugh:

awesome idea! I don’t want to change the narrator for Illuminations!

What a GREAT april fools day joke!

How about the Swedish Chief? (It is the countries section of EPCOT!) :laugh: