And we wonder why the room rates are so high!

Disney World Scammers Scored Four Years of Free Vacations - DailyFinance

…they sure don’t look like happy people do they? Sheesh…

They haven’t seen my picture yet! I cannot believe people would take advantage of someone else like that. Just awful!

I do not understand how people can commit crimes. I know how naive that sounds - but I just can’t get my mind around it. What lovely looking boys.:glare:

I think the same thing! I couldn’t steal a pen, much less 4 years of vacations!

I would like to beat them with a rubber hose…while wearing a mickey costume.:laugh:

…they need to be stuck on It’s A Small World for an extended breakdown…every night for the rest of their lives…

while getting beat with a rubber hose while I am dressed as mickey mouse…

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now, now Dana, remember you are to be a lady at all times…deck them while dressed as Minnie, now that’s the proper thing to do. :laugh:

Oh! you are so right Jo-jo…how about dressed like the Queen of Heart.

Now you’re talking. Start practicing “off with their heads”.

Wait a second…the article didn’t clarify whether or not they were reusing resort mugs.

Ahhh well that’s an additional punishment…

I am too stupid to have a criminal mind. I am too lazy to even think of unlawful stuff. But costs in hotel rooms are also incurred by people who mistreat the furnishings, like jumping on beds, breaking the support. At home kids are not allowed to jump on beds, how come it is alright when staying at a hotel? That’s just an example, there’s so much more. Let’s lump it all together and call it wear and tear.

How about shop lifting at WDW. I have heard that even if someone is observed to do that, the CM’s are suppose to let it go. What???

[QUOTE=Dopey;1112605]I am too stupid to have a criminal mind. I am too lazy to even think of unlawful stuff. But costs in hotel rooms are also incurred by people who mistreat the furnishings, like jumping on beds, breaking the support. At home kids are not allowed to jump on beds, how come it is alright when staying at a hotel? That’s just an example, there’s so much more. Let’s lump it all together and call it wear and tear.

How about shop lifting at WDW. I have heard that even if someone is observed to do that, the CM’s are suppose to let it go. What???[/QUOTE]

…let it go? Seriously? The cost of shoplifting gets passed on to us…I believe in being the Happiest Place on Earth, but not for criminals!!! :ohmy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1112605]I am too stupid to have a criminal mind. I am too lazy to even think of unlawful stuff. But costs in hotel rooms are also incurred by people who mistreat the furnishings, like jumping on beds, breaking the support. At home kids are not allowed to jump on beds, how come it is alright when staying at a hotel? That’s just an example, there’s so much more. Let’s lump it all together and call it wear and tear.

How about shop lifting at WDW. I have heard that even if someone is observed to do that, the CM’s are suppose to let it go. What???[/QUOTE]

Sadly, we live in a world where people do not commit crimes for the fear of getting caught. :mellow:

I am surprised that no one bothered to check the “available limit” on the debit card stated for incidentals. Either too busy or no one had any idea that someone would scheme to run up a significant bill and then bolt.

What amazes me is that after it happened, nothing was done to prevent it from occurring again. I mean, the old adage of “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me” is no longer in vogue? Or perhaps WDW handles so much cash flow that even this scheme wasn’t of significant value to pursuit? Even to the point of chasing down the individual to collect the balance owed from the previous credit card? Or does Disney not have a “collections” department? Perhaps I can haz a job? :pirate:

So you’ll be wantin’ to add insult to injury?:pirate:

I guessing it is not the free vacations they were interested in, but buying souvenirs/other items for resell.

I am guessing Disney was not putting “holds” on the debit cards. I know when you check into a cruise ship and use a debit or credit card, they will put a hold of $500 (at least that is what it was a few years ago). For the short-term it essence means if you used a debit card backed by a bank account, that bank account has $500 fewer dollars in it. Same for a credit card but it means you have used up $500 of your credit limit.

Obviously, once you get back and you didn’t spend the $500 dollars, the hold is released.

It sounds like they would check into the hotel, and use the debit card, but Disney wasn’t putting on a hold at the time of checkin. If they had been doing so, that would have probably caught this sooner.

After reading this i’m thinking they have to have someone inside. Seriously, to get away with this as often and with as much as they have? Unless it was 4 completely different resorts there has to be someone looking the other way.