Animal kingdom

Does ak have a big opening like the other Parks?

From what I remember it does. I think Mickey and Minnie and a few other characters were on some safari truck to officially open the park for the day.

It reminds me of the same caliber as Epcot. None are as big as MK.

Here is a clip of it from youtube, if you don’t want to ruin it then don’t watch it
YouTube - Disney’s Animal Kingdom Opening HD

Well I’m not a big ak fan, but my bf is. Just trying to see if its worth getting up early, or if we can sleep in a bit that day lol

Yes it does…Mickey and Minnie and friends drive up in a safari truck and do a little skit

I think the AK opening is a must-do at least once. Now I’m a little bias though because AK is one of my favorite parks! (I :heart: :AK:!)

If you’re not too sure you want to get up just for that, pair it up with a Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House… grab a Kilimanjaro Safari Fastpass before breakfast while you’re back there in Africa and your AK day is off to a great start!!

Well, it may not be the same as the running of the bulls at Cedar Point as 500 coasterholics rush to be the first to get all the way back to Millenium Force, but you would want to get there earlier so you can get in a couple rides on Everest before the line builds.

Goofy Scotty has a good suggestion about breakfast, except that for some reason Tusker House has been almost as hard for me to get a reservation for as Chef Mickey’s (maybe harder because I’ve done Chef Mickey’s 3 times since Tusker reopened and I’ve only been able to get the Tusker House reservation exactly one time)

We went to EMH at AK on our last trip. It was awesome. We got on almost all the rides in a couple of hours. The show is cute.

That sounds interesting…I never make it there that early…maybe next trip!

Yesterday I got a ressie for Tusker House this Saturday! I booked it online for 4 around 10am. We are going to Dino Land and maybe Expedition Everest. I promised my kids I would ride with them even if I had a heart attack!

hold the phone! Epcot has a special opening thing-y? Where the heck have I been??:huh::crying:
Epcot is our fave park and we are there at opening and EMH all the time…what am I missing??:dry::laugh:
btw, the ak opening is cute, but i’d prefer the sleep

In days of old (when the character breakfast was at Restaurantasurus) they would have a queue line that directed guests from the front of park to the restaurant and didn’t allow them to stray from the path. If you finished breakfast before 9 AM, there were ropes that kept guests from leaving the area around Restaurantasurus and they did not drop until 9 on regular mornings. I imagine they do the same thing now at Tusker House.

I had chest pains just reading this post:rolleyes:.
Either you’ve got amazing luck, or I’ve got the lousiest luck.

Thanks - the sad thing is, we live 2 1/2 hrs away and I am nervous about getting lost driving over there! We haven’t been back since our vacation in June.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1048453]I had chest pains just reading this post:rolleyes:.
Either you’ve got amazing luck, or I’ve got the lousiest luck.[/QUOTE]

Don’t feel bad though, we have never had a character meal! Btw I am new to this site and have yet to explore it in full, uploaded a picture but not seeing it.

What picture did you upload and where?
Are you sure it uploaded. If they’re too big (larger than 500x400) they will not upload and will not post.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1048555]What picture did you upload and where?
Are you sure it uploaded. If they’re too big (larger than 500x400) they will not upload and will not post.[/QUOTE]

If you click on my name, and then on my public profile, it shows…but not here when I post.

OK, go back to the user control panel and look on the left.
You’ll see a bunch of links to things you can set to personalize your settings.
In “Settings and Options” the first thing you see is “Edit Avatar”.
Use that link to set your avatar. For avatars, they can be no bigger than 200x200.
This should work.