Animal Kingdom

Our next trip (like all trips) is packed with so many plans. We have 11 days (9 full days) and so much to do. I really like a 2 days in each park but the kids really want the water parks and we are staying at the beach club so we need pool time and I like a day at DTD and a night at DTD plus we have plans for our first visit to Disney Quest. All of that leaves only 1 day at Animal Kingdom. I love Everest and would like 2 days but I would rather our other plans.
Ok so here’s my dilemma, we have only done Animal Kingdom 2 times EVER and really need some help strategizing. I want to do just about everything in one day. Here are our must dos.
Safari
EE at least 2 X
Dinosaur at least 2 X
Tree of life
Kali River Rapids (preferred last so we are not wet all day)

I like getting fastpasses for EE then waiting in line so when we get off we can ride again.
I would like a little time for exploring and seeing some animals as well.
I am not sure what is the best time for the Safari.

As soon as we get there do we get a FP for EE or the Safari?

Help! We plan to be there all day 9-5 (or 10-5 since we are not morning people and the night before I have plans to be in MK for EMH till 11pm)

Thanks in advance any help is appreciated!

Oh one more thing…we only plan for a quick service to save time. We don’t mind being too tired because we are going to spend the night at the pool at BCV!! Woo Hoo! Getting excited

Tb - do you really need a day and a night at DTD? I would plan on the pool being a huge attraction for the wee ones. You may spend more time there than you figured.

I would FP EE and hit the safari as the animals tend to be more active in the a.m…

I only do one day at AK and manage to do it all.

Do it on an Extra Magic morning firstly.

Go to EE, grab a fast pass. Ride. Ride the safari. Come back and do EE if you time is up. If it’s not, the the water rapids. Go grab a fast pass for dinosaur, ride it. Each lunch and then ride again. Easy peasy. The rest is gravy.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1133154]Tb - do you really need a day and a night at DTD? I would plan on the pool being a huge attraction for the wee ones. You may spend more time there than you figured.
[/QUOTE]

We want to check out Disney Quest. I really like DTD at night for the entertainment.

[QUOTE=Dana;1133160]I only do one day at AK and manage to do it all.

Do it on an Extra Magic morning firstly.

Go to EE, grab a fast pass. Ride. Ride the safari. Come back and do EE if you time is up. If it’s not, the the water rapids. Go grab a fast pass for dinosaur, ride it. Each lunch and then ride again. Easy peasy. The rest is gravy.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great Looks like there is still time for Nemo and the Tree of Life.
I can’t do the EMH because my family could never make 8pm LOL! especially on vacation.

Dana and Boss are dead on with their plan. But if you only have one day for the park this might be one time that early EMH is taken advantage of.

Don’t forget about The Festival of the Lion King. It is a great show and runs almost every hour from 11am to 5 pm.

As to DTD, do it all in one day/night. That will free up another resort pool day.

Make sure you plan plenty of time for the pool…it’s AWESOME! If possible, I’d skip the waterparks since the pool is so great.

We’ve always done the safari first thing, it’s your best bet for seeing the lion laying up on the ledge.

Have fun planning.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1133175]
Don’t forget about The Festival of the Lion King. It is a great show and runs almost every hour from 11am to 5 pm.

.[/QUOTE]

I agree! Festival of the Lion King is not to be missed! AK is one of my favourite parks and we have no trouble doing and seeing everything in one day. Make sure you check your guide for the times of the shows, when entering, and plan accordingly, around the shows.

We usually grab a fp for EE and then head to the Safari. The earlier you do the Safari, the better, because the animals are much more active early in the morning when it’s cooler outside.

I agree with all the posts about doing Safari first thing in the morning…we see more animals when we go first thing…

Although AK is our least favorite park…we usually spend half day at the most there…most of my friends love it. Lion King is great and if you have small kids Finding Nemo is good too—but you do need to check times and plan accordingly.

Last summer, AK was so crowded my DD and I had to walk single file…we did Safari and ended up leaving after that…the walkways are wide in some parts but then feed into smaller widths and bam—the traffic jam— We gave up last time and have even talked about skipping it altogether next trip—unless they open something new up in the meantime. :slight_smile:

We do AK in one day. Safari ride is first then EE. In my opinion AK is the hottest park. Don’t ask me why but I get uncomfortable with the heat and it is always humid. We move around quick but do enjoy everything. Good idea on counter service, later you can get a sit down. We will be there in Oct. and might not go to AK. We shall see.

During our Feb trip this was our Touring Plan. We had morning EMH and Kali was down.

EE, Got EE Fastpass, Primeval Whirl 3 X with no wait. Dinosaur with no wait. EE with Fastpass. EE single rider. Got Safari fastpass. Early lunch at Tusker. Used our fastpass for Safari. One more ride on EE Single rider. Out the front gate. We were done by 12:30. The park was pretty slow that day though. Touring Plans app can be a huge help if you are trying to cram a lot into one day. We may skip it this trip as we only have five days.

Looks like nothing new until Avatarland and then look for it to jam up big time!

Wow Thanks for all the advice! I think I have a great plan to see and do all we really want to at AK.

We usually have someone run to EE for FPs, do the safari, and then head to Asia for EE.

How old are your kids? Are they willing to ride alone? We have had great success doing single-rider for EE. Last trip our son rode 7 times just by utilizing FP and the single rider line. When they were smaller, we would have my husband go first, then the three kids and then me, just so no child was waiting for us without an adult. Worked perfectly!

And I agree with all the others. Festival of the Lion King is fabulous, so if you haven’t seen it often, I would make that a top priority.

I’m like you, in that I love to experience DTD in the day and at night on each trip. As far as DTD goes, have you considered spending one morning shopping and then doing an afternoon at a park? Then, on your AK day or a Water park day, since those parks close a little earlier, head to DTD in the evening. We took the boats from POR there one trip and it was a gorgeous, peaceful experience. One of our favorite nights from all our trips.

If you have free time or just want to relax take advantage of the paths around the Tree of Life. You really get a totally different picture of the amount of work that went into the whole structure. Most of the animals you cannot see walking in ITTBAB are really well done. There are benches scattered throughout so you can relax in the quiet if need be.

Oh, one more thing. We hit Flights of Wonder each trip. It is located between Africa and Asia. Another plsce to grab a drink or snack, or even something for lunch, and enjoy the show. Food and drink have always been allowed. It’s a little off beat with the humor, but a good show none the less.

I love this idea. I hope we can get the big things done and a little time to explore as well.