Anniversary idea's please

Holy cannoli!
With all the festivities of our vacation being a “family reunion” I totally over looked that it will also be my DH and I’s 5 year wedding anniversary :pinch:. SO I need help! What do I do? I can’t really plan too, too much we leave soon.
Anyone have any ideas?

Do you have time to plan a nice dinner? We have done our anniversary at California Grill, Narcoossee’s and Flying Fish, all were wonderful.

If you don’t have time for dinner or can’t get ADRs why not try a romantic boat ride or carriage ride. Or you could have a drink at the Tambu Lounge and catch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. Its quite romantic. :wub:

Where are you staying? I could probably come up with some better ideas if I knew where you were staying.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;1035140]Do you have time to plan a nice dinner? We have done our anniversary at California Grill, Narcoossee’s and Flying Fish, all were wonderful.

If you don’t have time for dinner or can’t get ADRs why not try a romantic boat ride or carriage ride. Or you could have a drink at the Tambu Lounge and catch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. Its quite romantic. :wub:

Where are you staying? I could probably come up with some better ideas if I knew where you were staying.[/QUOTE]

oh very true…POR!

Duh!:blush: I just read your countdown…:laugh:

Don’t they have carriage rides at POR?

You could have an adult’s night out at DTD. There are all kinds of places you can have great time. House of Blues, Raglan Road and its a nice boat ride to and from.

What do you guys like to do?

I really like the beach idea :wub:. We’ve never done that before either. How do you get to the beach? Threw the Poly?

Yes. You can get there by driving right to the Poly and go through the Great Ceremonial House past the pool to the beach or catch a boat over from MK.

The Lounge is right outside of Ohana in the GCH. Then grab a chair by the pool, or the swing on the beach and enjoy the fireworks. Its the perfect view without all the crowds. They even pipe in the music!:happy:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;1035146]Yes. You can get there by driving right to the Poly and go through the Great Ceremonial House past the pool to the beach or catch a boat over from MK.

The Lounge is right outside of Ohana in the GCH. Then grab a chair by the pool, or the swing on the beach and enjoy the fireworks. Its the perfect view without all the crowds. They even pipe in the music!:happy:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much Mickeymotto! I love this idea :wub:

And don’t forget to call reservations and mention you are celebrating an Anniversary so that they can have a button for each of you when you arrive. Call the dining reservation too, if you want them to announce your celebration during dinner that night. DH and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary with the kiddies in Norway at the Story Book character buffet.

Happy Anniversary!!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1035150]And don’t forget to call reservations and mention you are celebrating an Anniversary so that they can have a button for each of you when you arrive. Call the dining reservation too, if you want them to announce your celebration during dinner that night. DH and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary with the kiddies in Norway at the Story Book character buffet.

Happy Anniversary!![/QUOTE]

Happy Anniversary to you too :flowers:

We will be celebrating our 25th, every one at the most magical place on earth. If they do not give you Anniversary pins, ask for them. Some of the snack stands will give you a cookie or some kind of dessert. Stroll thru the bakery in each park, depending on the cast member, you will receive a special treat. On our 20th we ate at the Castle, they delivered a box to the table. There were 2 champagne glasses in it. Our 2 DDs thought that was the greatest thing, they put all the confetti from the trip in them and the glasses are still sitting on our mantle.
We always do something or eat somewhere that we haven’t been before.
We have sat on the Contemporary dock and watched the water light parade, watched the fireworks from the Poly., had smores at the Ft. Wilderness campfire, just rode from marina to marina on the water taxis. The possibilities are endless. Have fun and enjoy every minute.

What me and my siblings planned for my parents 30th anniversary last time was really nice and simple. It was a big anniversary so we had already planned to eat at Tony’s Town Sq. right before the fireworks. I set up a surprise cake for them.

So they got a beautiful cake, all the cast members at Tony’s sang Bella Notte and they gave my parents a mickey and minnie groom and bride hats! It was so beautiful!

And my parents loved it. And they were soo surprised!

The best part is when we walked out of the restaurant the fireworks were just getting over (they had been going off while the CM’s were singing :wub:) And it was just really simple and beautiful disney magic!

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1035233]What me and my siblings planned for my parents 30th anniversary last time was really nice and simple. It was a big anniversary so we had already planned to eat at Tony’s Town Sq. right before the fireworks. I set up a surprise cake for them.

So they got a beautiful cake, all the cast members at Tony’s sang Bella Notte and they gave my parents a mickey and minnie groom and bride hats! It was so beautiful!

And my parents loved it. And they were soo surprised!

The best part is when we walked out of the restaurant the fireworks were just getting over (they had been going off while the CM’s were singing :wub:) And it was just really simple and beautiful disney magic![/QUOTE]

What wonderful children you are. Your parents must have been so happily surprised. :happy:

[QUOTE=4DisneyFreaks;1035232]We will be celebrating our 25th, every one at the most magical place on earth. If they do not give you Anniversary pins, ask for them. Some of the snack stands will give you a cookie or some kind of dessert. Stroll thru the bakery in each park, depending on the cast member, you will receive a special treat. On our 20th we ate at the Castle, they delivered a box to the table. There were 2 champagne glasses in it. Our 2 DDs thought that was the greatest thing, they put all the confetti from the trip in them and the glasses are still sitting on our mantle.
We always do something or eat somewhere that we haven’t been before.
We have sat on the Contemporary dock and watched the water light parade, watched the fireworks from the Poly., had smores at the Ft. Wilderness campfire, just rode from marina to marina on the water taxis. The possibilities are endless. Have fun and enjoy every minute.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tip! I will defiantly be calling this morning:flowers:

It can be a bit pricey but renting on of the pontoon (? sp) boats in the late evening is a great way to enjoy the fireworks. The boats at Epcot usually book up quick but the boats by MK are usually pretty easy to get. It’s a great way to spend the evening cruising the lake and enjoying the fireworks. There are captains so you don’t have to worry about a thing…I think they’ll even pack “goodies” if you want…for a small fee of course.

Thank you! They were very surprised. They deserve it!

I hope you come up with a great idea!

In ‘05 (our 20th) my sis-in-law took our son and her kids and went off by themselves for the day while we did ‘whatever we wanted’. We left the MK and had dinner at Les Chefs de France then went to Soarin’ by ourselves. It was nice.

I also had Vermont Teddy Bear send a bear to our room. It only made it to the lobby though. But she enjoyed the surprise anyways.

Renew your vows.

DW and I renewed ours a few years back on Sunset Beach at the Poly as the sun was coming up behind us from the east and just starting to hit the Castle. Or you can do it at sunset. I surprised her and had the kids arrive the afternoon before.

It was a trip keeping DW and kids apart that night since we were all in the Contemporary. But the look on her face was priceless when she saw the whole gang there. Sounds like your whole gang will already be there so everyone can enjoy. Call the POR concierge and they can help you. You can go all wiht the WDW wedding planners or just a simple ceremony on your own. The POR front desk can give you a list of Church leaders or JOP’s and the Poly front desk can tell you if Sunset beach is being used on a certain day. If WDW does it I can guarantee you it will be truly magical. Ours was.

We now have 2 anniversaries.

I highly recommend a cake from the GF bakery - they can do one with only about 48-72 hours notice. I know they make mini wedding cakes just for two, or have them design one for you on whatever theme. For my son’s 11th birthday last year they made an awesome UP cake - it was both beautiful and delicious. On another board there is a cake thread with lots of info and pictures - I spent DAYS looking, but you can just call the GF bakery and talk to the pastry chef - don’t let them tell you about their “standard” cakes, ask for the actual chef to call you back. Really worth it!

Our favorite romantic restaurant has not been mentioned yet - Narcooseee’s at the GF - they have the best food and service; and you can also go down to the dock or the beach and watch the fireworks from there. Most of all, enjoy!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;1035554]I highly recommend a cake from the GF bakery - they can do one with only about 48-72 hours notice. I know they make mini wedding cakes just for two, or have them design one for you on whatever theme. For my son’s 11th birthday last year they made an awesome UP cake - it was both beautiful and delicious. On another board there is a cake thread with lots of info and pictures - I spent DAYS looking, but you can just call the GF bakery and talk to the pastry chef - don’t let them tell you about their “standard” cakes, ask for the actual chef to call you back. Really worth it!

Our favorite romantic restaurant has not been mentioned yet - Narcooseee’s at the GF - they have the best food and service; and you can also go down to the dock or the beach and watch the fireworks from there. Most of all, enjoy![/QUOTE]

I agree here! The GF bakery (one of my many Disney dream jobs! :laugh:) has the most beautiful anniversary cake choices! Even their “standard cakes” can be beautiful. Depends on what it is!

Spa Date
Dive with the Dolphins at EPCOT

just a couple of ideas