Anniversary surpise during friend's trip - Ideas please?

Some very dear friends of our are leaving for WDW in about 10 days. They have dinner scheduled for Cinderella’s Royal Table the night of their 10th anniversary. I want to send them a little Happy Anniversary surprise, but I am not sure what to do. Should I send a cake or something to their dinner or something to their room? Help me with some ideas please. Thanks.

I think its a lovely idea, and my choice is the cake to the dinner ( if its allowed?) I think for it to be delivered in front of other guests enhances the surprise.
Failing that, a gift basket to the room is equally as nice an idea, however, be pretty firm with the order as I was on the receiving end of an order gone wrong and have since heard of others-
Let us know what you decide, and what a super friend you are!

The one problem I see is that if you can have it presented at CRT they might have to carry any xtra around with them if there is any left. I would go w/ the room basket.

i have done the cake twice … once for our anniversary and once for my dh bday. it was wonderful but we were stuck with the rest of the cake… i would however do it again…

I agree. We have ordered a cake at dinner before and then had to deal with the leftovers aftwerwards. If their ADR is late, it would probably be ok. Otherwise, I would suggest a room basket.

There’s also the idea of maybe splurging for a spa treatment that day or a starlight carriage ride. Have a gift certificate delivered to their room in an anniversary card.

I am not sure if they still do it, but they used to have a special glass slipper dessert you could special order at the castle. It’s a chocolate slipper filled with cream and berries. You could send that to your friend and her prince charming.

eta: I found this link that might help:
http://www.examiner.com/disney-travel-in-national/disney-dining-cinderella-chocolate-slipper-dessert-at-walt-disney-world

Go for the Cinderella Shoe dessert! You have to call the Grand Floridian bakery to get it (I got it for my DD & Mom’s Birthday) they custom the writing on the plate to say what you want - wasn’t too much $$ If I remember correctly $15 each? I have a TR on here somewhere with pictures . . . PLUS it’s a one person dessert so no leftovers and makes for great photo ops! :heart:

Link to phone numbers: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/53014-mickeysgirlz-happy-birthday-tr.html#post1006250

Link to pictures: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/53014-mickeysgirlz-happy-birthday-tr-3.html#post1005574

I have decided on the Cinderella Chocolate Slipper dessert. It looks so beautiful. I have been on the phone for 45 minutes this morning trying to get it ordered and I have been transferred from person to person only to be told that they are not who handles these orders - ARGHH! I just left a message on the cake hotline finally, so hopefully I will be able to speak with someone about the order.

never seen that chocolate slipper…need to look into that

This is one area that really lets Disney down- nothing seems straightforward when you want to order something? I hope you eventually get the order sorted out,as the slipper dessert sounds wonderful!:happy:

Cake hotline won’t be able to help (they told me they no longer made them) - call the Poly that is where I got results OR the GF bakery - it was a process for me too, but it has to be ordered 72 hours in advance.

FYI - you may end up with a chocolate, not white chocolate slipper, they are rare, but every now and again they pop up! GOOD LUCK!!

I love the chocolate slipper dessert idea. What a nice surprise.

I think the spa cert is a nice surprise too.

Do you want another friend to send a surprise too?? I leave in a week for WDW:blush:

Someone sent my DH and I the white cocolate slipper once, not only is it pretty to look at, it tasted really good too! IMHO you made a great choice.

Anyone know if they deliver the cakes to Garden Grove?

Well, I finally got everything taken care of. After six days, a bunch of calls and redirection. I was able to order the Cinderella Chocolate Slipper for our friend’s 10th anniversary. I spoke with Nicole at Cinderella’s Royal Table Special Events and she took care of everything. It was quite the ordeal but, hopefully it will be the surprise I am hoping for. Thanks for all of the suggestions.