Annual Pass Discount- Very upset

I called when the AP discounts came out for November, spoke to a idiot (sorry) who upgraded my woodview at WL to a jr suite. He says to me okay your good and I asked him what is my new prices and he gives me $1978 :ohmy:dollars for three night I GO NO and he tells me the only AP they have is the suite. I tell him to switch me back. I got nervous and called back spoke to a lovely woman and she tell me that I am in a suite I explain the situation to her and she upgrade me to courtyard view and I save about $135 dollars okay were are cool…:wub:The I get my new confirmation and it has my original price and no upgrade:angry:I call back and am told we don’t have any AP discounts left but I can give you a courtyard view. I tell her no I want the AP it is your fault…She calls guest services I am on hold 15 minutes and basically its too bad…so I take my original reservation…so I think :glare:I call back tonight and I am in a Courtyard view for MORE MONEY then my original…I get transfered to guest services this woman is rude and tell me what do you want me to do we don’t have a wood view and all three have offered me a bunk bed…It’s my mother and I and I don’t want the bunk bed. She says well I have to call systems tomorrow and look back at the history of the call…YEA like I would make this up…so as of right now I am in a courtyard view at full price and Disney could care less about honoring my original price…I am really mad can you tell.

OMG!! I sooo sorry to hear this. I hate when something goes wrong and you need to be on hold FOREVER!! I hope they get this corrected for you asap!! try calling back now and get a manager on the phone

My plan is to call a manager tomorrow during the day I think I might have better luck than at night. Thank goodness we purchased DVC so I won’t be looking for an AP discount any longer.

I just purchased DVC also about 2 weeks ago. I hated going through Disney reservations. Dvc is so much nicer

What a mess!!:angry: For your sake I truly hope that they work this out for you. I’ve noticed that trying to get an AP discount is like pulling teeth!!

You should stand your ground on this one and really make sure you know what you’re paying. I can tell you from personal experience.

I’m going to piggyback onto your complaint. I don’t know what’s going on lately with disney reservations. We’ve had a couple of problems our last 2 trips. We’ve been to Disney World 11 times. The last time we arrived, we had a room only reservation with a discount code we had received and paid the one night deposit. When we arrived and checked in they said they had no record of our confirmation #. We had all of our paperwork with us. When they finally found it they said we were going to have to pay the rack rate because no “room only” discount showed up on our reservation. What? :ohmy: They were unfriendly, uncaring, and quite frankly rude. They wouldn’t allow us to use their computer to show them the email confirmation where it clearly stated the nightly rate. The price they wanted to charge us was almost twice what we had anticipated the bill would be. We felt helpless: stranded with no rental car and at their mercy. We stood around for well over 3 hours trying to get the problem resolved.:angry: Finally…got in a room at the price we were originally quoted. They said they were doing us a favor. We wrote a very long complaint letter after coming home with a copy of the email to PROVE our nightly rate.

Double Check & Triple Check–That’s all I’m saying. :glare:

I agree…call back tomorrow and immediately ask to speak to a Supervisor. The best thing to do is get all your anger out now so you’re calm and rationale tomorrow! I hope it works out.

I always print the e-mail confirmation and have it with me at check in. It’s kind of hard for them to dispute anything when you’ve got a print out dated 3 months earlier.
As for the upgrade problem, I don’t know what to say.

i too hope you get it straightened out in the morning.

although i have never had a problem securing an AP rate…i always call on the very day it is released…as early as i get the info. (i stalk the boards for days prior to estimated release dates!lol)

i always, always print out every type of reservation conf. received via email…if it be for wdw, rental car or anything else.

good luck…please let us know how it works out for you.

If you get no-where with the manager in the morning, I would call DVC and let them know what happened to you and see if they can pull any strings to fix this situation or get you with the “right” people that can help. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

I am such a freak about this stuff, that I not only print out everything (air, hotel, car, tickets, etc.) as soon as I can, but I bind it in a notebook and take the whole thing with me wherever I go. I look like a moron with my book, but it solves a lot of problems.

I also take names when I tlak to CMs, as well as the date and time of the call. I have all this info, which probably would get me zilch in a dispute, but at least I have people to quote or to blame…

I’m not an AP holder but I’ve had messy problems like yours trying to get just the regular Fall discount. I ended up giving up because it was not worth the headache & stress of daily calls. But I lost about $600. I hope your situation gets straightened out. Good luck!

Did you call yet today?? I would love to know what happens. Good luck!

Just called and spoke to a manager at Guest Services I explained my situation and she asked me what view I wanted. I told her I wanted the courtyard view with the AP discount and she said okay I will make it happen. She gave me her name the direct line to guest services and told me she would email me the confirmation sometime today. I will be able to rest after I get the confirmation. Thanks for letting me vent.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;886033]I am such a freak about this stuff, that I not only print out everything (air, hotel, car, tickets, etc.) as soon as I can, but I bind it in a notebook and take the whole thing with me wherever I go. I look like a moron with my book, but it solves a lot of problems.

I also take names when I tlak to CMs, as well as the date and time of the call. I have all this info, which probably would get me zilch in a dispute, but at least I have people to quote or to blame…[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing I have a zipper blinder that I keep all of my trips in. My mistake was not getting the CM’s names. They can tell who you talked to fromt he log.

I wanted to add that when the mgr of guest service read the log they had back to me it was incorrect the CM’s made it look like I kept calling back and changing my mind. I finally said that is not true. :angry:I said why would I call back and ask to pay more for a room.:glare:

Wow, I’m so sorry your having this problem. Good luck getting it resolved.

It doesn’t look quite so bad if you pull the binder out of your computer case.
(I’m speaking from experience here.)
Last year’s main trip binder included menus along with the usual day planner, master reservation/accommodations, dining reservations, show/fireworks times, and hard ticket event tickets.

Sorry to hear of your ‘not so magical moments’. I have a situation where I booked thru a Travel Agent. I’ve lost a little confidence in the agent for certain reasons so I called Disney to confirm my reservation. Well they don’t do that because the Travel Agency owns the reserveration. Called the TA and was told I must have spoken to a new CM and to call back. Called back and was trasnferred to a not so nice CM at Guest Services. She was rude, she overspoke me, and worst of all she would not even empathize with my dilemna. Asked to speak to a Manager and was told there are none (fancy that!) and that she, as a Guest Services CM, was the final word on reservations. The resolution was my TA called Disney Reservations and then called me and the CM confirmed my reservation. Still a bit disturbed because - a. I cannot book a new reservation with Disney (and then cancel with the agent) because the GF is packed and not taking new reservations; and b. I am still annoyed at the Guest Service’s CM’s tone and treatment. Planning to write and e-mail to a bunch of executives at Disney as soon as I get a few minutes. My worst nightmare is getting to the GF in Dec and having no reservation and nothing from Disney showing my reservation (only an e-mail from the travel agent) and not being able to get a room at the GF. According to the Guest Services CM I spoke with, if this happens I am SOL and on my own. Morale of story - I will never book through an agency again!

that’s GREAT!!

glad you were finally able to get it fixed.
your persistence paid off!

print that conf. out twice and save it to your hard drive! LOL

glad it worked out!:heart: