Annual Pass Question

OK. I am going to WDW in Sept. with a 8 day MYW Park Hopper.

I am now planning on going to WDW in June for a loooonnnnng weekend, like Wed - Sun, for Star Wars Weekends.

Should I and/or Can I upgrade the original park hopper while I am there in Sept. if I decide to go in June. Also, I may not make my final decision till the end of our stay so if I use the ticket is it still “upgradeable”?

Thanks!

Lisa

We did an upgrade for our DD’s tix 2 yrs back. She had an 8 day military tix from Shades of Green. She and a friend we brought decided they wanted to make a trip a few months later for the girls only. We turned their tix into AP’s and they credited the amount we paid for the original tix towards the cost. The AP though started its 365 days on the first day she used the 8 day tix. No big deal in this case.
Long example but yes it can be done. And if you have any doubts wait until the end of your trip. But I do know you have to do it before your current tix runs out of visits.

I think you have to do it before you use your last day? Ask at check in.

OK so…I take the price of the 8 day park hopper and subtract that from the price of an AP?

Also, can you get the Dining Plan if you have an annual pass?

Thanks!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1043829]OK so…I take the price of the 8 day park hopper and subtract that from the price of an AP?

Also, can you get the Dining Plan if you have an annual pass?

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

Yes! Passholders can now get the dining plan with their room ressies.

And your own website!!

From the passholder website:
Room and Dining Packages for Passholders
Disney dining plans include meals and snacks at select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1043830]Yes! Passholders can now get the dining plan with their room ressies.

And your own website!!

From the passholder website:
Room and Dining Packages for Passholders
Disney dining plans include meals and snacks at select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort.[/QUOTE]

Very cool about the own website!

OK so if we do the AP thing would an AP room discount or a bounce back discount be better?

Thanks

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1043833]Very cool about the own website!

OK so if we do the AP thing would an AP room discount or a bounce back discount be better?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I think the AP discounts are the best. This weekend I am staying at WL for $157/night. Last Christmas week I stayed at AKL for $119/night! You have to just stay on top of when the discounts are offered (I check the site daily when I have a trip I want to plan) the good really discounted rooms fill up fast. There are still deals, but not as deep discounts.

Right now the PH site goes to Oct 2, want me to check a date for you so you can compare?

PS. AP rates are similar to FL resident rates

is the dining plan the same price for annual pass holders as for those who do not have a AP? I am also trying to figure the numbers out for buy an AP or not.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1043834]I think the AP discounts are the best. This weekend I am staying at WL for $157/night. Last Christmas week I stayed at AKL for $119/night! You have to just stay on top of when the discounts are offered (I check the site daily when I have a trip I want to plan) the good really discounted rooms fill up fast. There are still deals, but not as deep discounts.

Right now the PH site goes to Oct 2, want me to check a date for you so you can compare?

PS. AP rates are similar to FL resident rates[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much that is really cool of you. This way I have something to compare against. One more question. Say I do get the AP and I do book the bounceback but come say Feb. they release a AP rate that is better than the bounceback…i can change discounts…right? :wacko:

I am looking to go Wednesday, June 15th - Monday, June 20th. I wanna stay at Contempoary or Boardwalk but DH really wants Value resort so I am willing to meet him in the middle for CBR or POR.

If that is too much work its no big deal. OR if you wanna wait till you get home I TOTALLY understand!

thanks Jen!

Lisa

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1043820]We did an upgrade for our DD’s tix 2 yrs back. She had an 8 day military tix from Shades of Green. She and a friend we brought decided they wanted to make a trip a few months later for the girls only. We turned their tix into AP’s and they credited the amount we paid for the original tix towards the cost. The AP though started its 365 days on the first day she used the 8 day tix. No big deal in this case.
Long example but yes it can be done. And if you have any doubts wait until the end of your trip. But I do know you have to do it before your current tix runs out of visits.[/QUOTE]

My DF just pcs’d from HI to FL in June and stopped at SoG en route. They got the Salute tics and used all 4 days. Upon leaving they were told they had 14 days to upgrade to FL res AP’s. Is the time extended for FL res’s?

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1043855]Thanks so much that is really cool of you. This way I have something to compare against. One more question. Say I do get the AP and I do book the bounceback but come say Feb. they release a AP rate that is better than the bounceback…i can change discounts…right? :wacko:

I am looking to go Wednesday, June 15th - Monday, June 20th. I wanna stay at Contempoary or Boardwalk but DH really wants Value resort so I am willing to meet him in the middle for CBR or POR.

If that is too much work its no big deal. OR if you wanna wait till you get home I TOTALLY understand!

thanks Jen!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

They haven’t released the 2011 dates for APs yet . . . but I’ll watch for them and let you know.

I have absolutely no idea. I can only go by what we were told and that was to do it before we used the last day. That was from the SoG staff, not WDW Guest Services. Sorry.

Here’s a question, if you have AP’s and book a room during free dining do you qualify for free DDP? If so, is it QS for value’s and TS/QS for mod’s/deluxe? How about at FW? Does DVC get dining promos now or are they still limited to TiW?

If you book a room at an AP rate, you can not get the free dining, you have to pay rack rate on the room and book a package to get the free dining. You can not get two discounts on one package.

But you can get TIW!

k. thanks:wink:

Wait a minute…let me see if I got this right…

I bought a 6-day park hopper for October…if I am planning on going back in February, I can apply 100% of the cost of my Park Hopper and buy an Annual Pass for the difference? PLUS-- there are annual pass discount rates on rooms?!?

If this is true…I think I am in heaven!!

[QUOTE=Yeahimfun;1043964]Wait a minute…let me see if I got this right…

I bought a 6-day park hopper for October…if I am planning on going back in February, I can apply 100% of the cost of my Park Hopper and buy an Annual Pass for the difference? PLUS-- there are annual pass discount rates on rooms?!?

If this is true…I think I am in heaven!![/QUOTE]

We’ve done it. Go to Guest Relations and have them work it out. But remember you have to do it before your days expire on the current tix.

Duh…I knew that! :wacko:

Have a wonderful, magical vacation!

Lisa

This quote goes with the above post!!!

OOPS!!!:wacko: