Annual Pass Start Date

Ok, So when does the start date begin on your annual pass? When you purchase it? Or when you activate it at the park?

We might be buying our 1st ones ever!

It starts from the first day you go to the park. We have purchased them two times now and there are many benefits beyond getting to go to Disney every day of the year.

If you plan on going each year, you can get two trips in with an annual pass.

Plus, there are discounts on rooms, food, gift store purchases, etc.

Have fun!

I don’t know if you need it this exact, but it starts when you purchase it AT the park. Meaning if you buy it in the evening but don’t go into a park until the next day, it’s already started the clock ticking from the evening before.

We waited a few days before we turn in our voucher because we plan another trip just before it runs out on Dec 1. So this trip we resort hopped for 1 1/2 days and then hit the parks, the next trip we will hit the parks and then resort hop for a day or so before we come home.

[QUOTE=bransworld;1098894]Ok, So when does the start date begin on your annual pass? When you purchase it? Or when you activate it at the park?

We might be buying our 1st ones ever![/QUOTE]

I’m probably repeating.
It isn’t active until the first time it goes through a park turnstile and then that will be your anniversary date.
Now, if you renew your pass before your grace period ends in that 13th month, you get about a 10% discount on your renewal.

Also, remember with an AP, you also get AP room rates as well as (finally) 10% merch discount at all Disney operated retail outlets in WDW parks, hotels, and DTD (i.e. Once Upon A Toy, Days Of Christmas, World Of Disney, but not Lego).
There are also assorted dining discounts too.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1098974]I’m probably repeating.
It isn’t active until the first time it goes through a park turnstile and then that will be your anniversary date.
[/QUOTE]

If it isn’t active until you go thru the gate, so the date they put on the card isn’t valid? If you buy it, but not go to a park for a few days, what would be the end date?

If you buy it at the park it is active immediately. If you buy a voucher…say at the Disney Store, it is only active once you trade it for an actual ticket.

We bought our vouchers about 5 months early just before the ticket increase. And then like I said we were at WDW a few days before we turned them in and got our passes and hit the parks.

Thanks for the info everyone. All of the perks of a pass holder won’t do me any good because I am a cast member. But being a part time cast member (at least as a Disney Store cast member) the park ticket perks suck. But, the other perks are great… although, 14 hours and 40 minutes spent at the store last night isn’t really a perk… LOL

All I can do now is concede my mistake.
I just wonder why someone would not wait until the first day I actually enter the park to redeem the voucher. It really doesn’t take that long to process a family of four at guest services.
Years ago, I bought vouchers for our first APs many months in advance (turns out I didn’t need to) but didn’t exchange them until we’d actually arrived at WDW and were entering the MK. After that, we were in renewal land, so our anniversary date was set in stone.

friends tell me how can i get this pass for me and my other friends because i want to visit here can you help me out

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1099044]All I can do now is concede my mistake.
I just wonder why someone would not wait until the first day I actually enter the park to redeem the voucher. It really doesn’t take that long to process a family of four at guest services.
Years ago, I bought vouchers for our first APs many months in advance (turns out I didn’t need to) but didn’t exchange them until we’d actually arrived at WDW and were entering the MK. After that, we were in renewal land, so our anniversary date was set in stone.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that’s interesting I love you.

[QUOTE=bransworld;1098894]Ok, So when does the start date begin on your annual pass? When you purchase it? Or when you activate it at the park?

We might be buying our 1st ones ever![/QUOTE]

you are such a newbie. aye aye aye.

[lol :wink: love you]

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1100731]you are such a newbie. aye aye aye.

[lol :wink: love you][/QUOTE]

I am a newbie… I have never had an annual pass before!

But I am/will be an annual pass holder soon! We purchased them from DVC member services this passed weekend and I will pick them up when we arrive at the parks on March 4th!

We purchased our first Annual Passes in 2010 and since then we have hit the parks 6 times. Now that we are DVC and annual passholders, it is a no brainer to always be planning a trip or two. The only problem is airfare. Now if Disney can do something about that, we have it made.

YES!!!
Proper use and spelling!!:wub:

Mrs Mouse, we live a lot closer, but with gas costing $3.60 for regular on top of about $30 for tolls, the 400 mile round trip isn’t something made on the spur of the moment like it was when gas was around $2.00 a gallon.
Plus, when flying these days, there’s all the inconvenience of airport security and airline attempts to wring every penny from passengers which I’m sure you don’t much care for when you do fly to Orlando (or anywhere else).