Annual Passes

We have never had AP’s, but are considering them this year as we are going for 10 days in August and probably 10 days the following JUne. Plus, I may be taking a 5 day trip with my BFF!!
So here are my questions—

1. If I purchase my tix through a family member who is a CM, can I still convert those?

2.If we wanted the DDP, do I have to buy a 1 day ticket to do so? If I get the AP in August and we want the DDP in June, do I need to buy a one day ticket?

1. I heard that at times there are room discounts available with the AP. How good of a discount? I am specifically speaking for end September, early October.

Thanks, and so sorry so many questions!! I need to sell DH on this!!:mickey:

1. If I purchase my tix through a family member who is a CM, can I still convert those?

I have never purchased through a CM but I have purchased tix from a discount site. My guess is that it would work the same way. What we had to do was use our tix at least once before we upgraded. This somehow, essentially, creates you a new ticket and Disney will not be able to see that you have a discounted ticket. We just did this on our trip in January so I know it is possible to keep your discount. Another thing to keep in mind is that you will need to do that within 14 days of first use. We had a 6 day PH and upgraded on our last day. Our AP was then printed with the date of our first use.

1. I heard that at times there are room discounts available with the AP. How good of a discount? I am specifically speaking for end September, early October.

DW and I were able to stay at a moderate resort for about $10 per day more than a value at the rack rate. There were no AP rooms left at the values so we clearly got a nice discount by having the AP. I know I have heard the %ages but I can not remember what those are.

We had to buy a one (or two) day MYW ticket to get the dining plan and then I think we converted those to APs at Magic Kingdom…I think??? Keith at Mouseketrips does all the wheeling and dealing for us and our AP’s and our dining plan to get us the very best rates - so we just kind of turn up!
As for discounts, we’ve had substantial savings at POR using the AP discounts- again can’t remember exactly what, but quite a big saving.

Hmm… I didn’t realize there was even an option to convert MYW / CM tickets to an AP! If anyone gets further details I would love to know.

I do know that it is possible to convert MYW or discount (undercover tourist for example) tickets. You just go to guest relations outside of the park and tell them that you would like to upgrade to an annual pass. They will take the price that you paid for the ticket and subtract that from the price of the AP. It is just the CM tickets that I do not know about.

I’ve seen the AP discount on rooms 40% during certain times, not sure when.

When we went in November we had Annual Passes, and we did not have to buy a park ticket to get the dining plan. Scott at Mousketrips booked everything for us, and he told me that Disney had just changed their policy so that annual passholders could still get the dining plan. So, to answer your question, you do not have to still buy a 1 day park ticket to get the dining plan anymore, as long as you have an annual pass.

Oh 40%…girls long weekend is looking better and better:whistling:whistling

Yes thats what we did:flowers:

I don’t know the answer to your first questions, but the last one regarding AP rates for resort stays, we were able to get a good discount in both April 2010 and October 2010 with my AP.

If you are planning two vacations, AP is the way to go.

Exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks!!

Does anyone know if there is a website that I can pretend to book and see the AP rates??

Just look around online @ disney. There is a place to put in that you are an AP holder. The site has never asked for a number unless we book the room.

Thanks, I’ll check it out!!

Find us a good deal BFF!

I can’t seem to find it:(:frowning:

I always have to log in to access the ap site…just call talk to a cm tell them what is up they can book it at an ap rate as long as you have an active ap to show when you check in. Get one at downtown disney before checkin and you are good… plus you get 10percent off purchases and other perks with the ap.

You do have to put in your AP number to be able to see the AP rates. I was checking out the same thing and I could not get to it without my number.

Try calling a CM and if that doesn’t work ask someone with an AP to check the rates for you. You’re just trying to figure out if its worth the cost of the AP, right?

I found it, I was just letting mommy know that she did need an AP number to find the AP rates.