Annual Passes

Does anyone know how early you can renew your Annual Passes? Ours don’t expire until Nov/Dec this year. But, we are headed down in 4 weeks and I was thinking of renewing at that time. We aren’t headed back down until Jan '12 and if I can do this now, I’d like to get it out of the way.

Any drawbacks or benefits to doing it so early?

You can, but make sure they start the date after your current expiration for 12 additional months and not from the day you extend.

I really do not know much about this. I’m having trouble with it.

This might be a dumb question,but if you buy an annual pass and if you go back within a year or before they expire do you have to buy park tickets or is the annual pass your park tickets?

Your annual pass is your ticket. We are getting 3 visits out of our current annual pass. Our current passes expire in November, but we are going down in 9 days. I’m going to try and renew them while we are there since we are going down again in January 2012.

I’m just about positive you CAN’T renew any sooner than 30 days prior to the expiration of the current AP.
You can do this on line too.
AP’s your tickets.
BTW, I guard my receipt like gold… Should anything happen to your AP, you’ll need that receipt.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1085554]I’m just about positive you CAN’T renew any sooner than 30 days prior to the expiration of the current AP.
You can do this on line too.
AP’s your tickets.
BTW, I guard my receipt like gold… Should anything happen to your AP, you’ll need that receipt.
Frank[/QUOTE]

That is good advice. I always take a picture of our aps, but I will make sure I keep the receipt safe as well.

They can look you up and issue new tickets if you do lose your APs and receipt (or forget to bring them when you come to the parks)…but trust me, it’s a hassle. Especially if you have a pretty common name!

finally found it on the DVC website. You are correct lovemysons…30 days prior to or after expiration date.