Another CM death

Another CM has been killed at WDW. This is so sad.

ID released of Disney performer fatally injured in Hollywood Studios accident – OrlandoSentinel.com

[I]A Walt Disney World cast member is dead after an accident this evening at Hollywood Studios.

Stunt performer Anislav Varbanov, 30, was fatally injured during a rehearsal for the " Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular." He was doing a tumbling roll after 7 p.m. when he was hurt.

Disney workers dialed 911 at 7:34 p.m. reporting that a cast member sustained a head injury. Varbanov was rushed to Florida Hospital Celebration Health, where he was pronounced dead 8:53 p.m., Orange County sheriff’s deputies said.

Monday’s death was the third in less than two months.
[/I]

Oh holy moly! The poor guy. So sad. :frown:

What the heck is going on?

wow, I never imagined that WDW was such a dangerous place to work. They certainly have had bad luck lately with fatalaties. So sad.

This is getting out of hand. I wonder if employee cut backs are the result of some of these recent accidents, people spread to thin, safelty being compromised? My heart goes out to all the families who have lost their loved ones.

These things alway seem to happen in threes - maybe it will quiet down for a while.

Makes you wonder if it’s more instant news with the internet (thanks to Al Gore who invented it :laugh:) that we are just hearing about more things like this or what.

Very sad. My prayers go out to his family.

How very sad…
My thoughts and prayers to the staff, family, and friends.

So sad :sad: I hope this is the end of the tragedies!

I send my sympathies to all involved! :slight_smile:

The odd part of this is why is it that only CMs are passing away? I can’t remember hearing this happen ever…not that it hasn’t, I just have not heard of it…and now 3? Very strange.

How sad! I hope this is the last one.

Unbelievable…I know safety is a high priority for Disney…are these just freak accidents? Or do the cut backs really have something to do with it?
Prayers for his family.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;985968]These things alway seem to happen in threes - maybe it will quiet down for a while.

Makes you wonder if it’s more instant news with the internet (thanks to Al Gore who invented it :laugh:) that we are just hearing about more things like this or what.[/QUOTE]

Disney certainly isn’t able to keep the lid on bad news like they used to.

Wow. How awful. Tinkerbell needs to spread more pixie dust around wdw or something.:crying:

I think part of this is NOW Disney has to release when injuries/deaths happen at their park. And this is why we are hearing about all these now.

So very, very sad! :frown:

So sad thoughts and prayers out to all their friends and families.

Wow, this is just awful. Here is hoping this is the last one. So sad.

Wow this is very sad news. My prayers are with his family.

I guess we have no way of knowing if the frequency of these accidents is on the rise because I’m sure it was easier to cover them up in the past.

But news like this sure is a reminder that alot of folks down there work **** hard, and literally put their lives on the line sometimes, so that we can enjoy our vacations.

Oh my goodness! That is so sad!