Another MNSSHP question

If I buy tickets for the party do I need to purchase a park ticket for that day as well? I know we can’t get into the party till 7ish but are we required to have a park ticket? Just wondering in case I decide not to get the hopper. Thanks!

You won’t need a ticket besides your ticket for the party. I believe you can get in as early at 4 but that’s not promised, just sort of allowed and could end at any point.

Thanks! When I went in Dec we didn’t have hoppers and it seemed to work for us so I was thinking on not getting hoppers this time. Thanks for the info. I can’t wait to see the dates announced.

When we went to MNSSHP we had park hopper tickets. They still kicked evryone out of the park and reopened a couple of hours later and you needed your MNSSHP ticket to enter. They did not ask for any other park ticket.

The hard ticket for the party is all you will need to get in for the night. Even thought the event starts at 7, they were letting people in shortly after 5 last year for the party (on the hard ticket). You got your wrist band then, and got into the park. It was like getting another 2 hours for free.

We go to this party every year! We :heart: it!!

When we go with my parents, I don’t have them get a ticket for that day, we just get the hard ticket event ticket . . . we spend the am at DTD, then head over to MK. I’ve always entered with them on the ticket at 4pm, I think they allow the early entrance, because imagine the lines if everyone tired to get in at 7pm while everyone was trying to leave at the same time??? :blink:

Last year was the first year I saw CM blocking the entrance to each of the “lands” and checking wristbands. I guess they let the guest from the day stay and shop on Main Street.

You can get into the MK earlier than the 7 PM start, usually as early as 4 PM.
You don’t need another ticket, unless you plan to go to one or more of the other parks earlier in the day. Your party ticket IS your admission ticket to the MK, but it’s only good after 4 or 5 PM.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;944589]
Last year was the first year I saw CM blocking the entrance to each of the “lands” and checking wristbands. I guess they let the guest from the day stay and shop on Main Street.[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen wristbands checked for a couple of the Pirate Parties because I have been in the park at change over time. As time goes on, they work on herding non party guests toward the gates. In fact, they won’t even let you in the shops on Main Street after 7 PM on party nights unless you’re wearing a wristband. I think I even saw CMs checking wristbands in the Hub as the castle show performance drew close.

Thanks all for the advise. I’m just wondering is it worth buying a park ticket for the day of if we don’t plan on going to any parks?

They where posted on mousesavers.com and on the halloween party thread on this site. I am trying to decide with my wife as to which night we are going to try for if we do get to go there in October.

That’s right, cuz they don’t want non party guest buying the merchandise.

If you don’t plan on going to any other parks, then don’t buy a regular ticket.
There are times in past years where I would make our party night our first day, and we would not even arrive in WDW until mid-late afternoon, so going to another park wasn’t even a consideration.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;944652]If you don’t plan on going to any other parks, then don’t buy a regular ticket.
There are times in past years where I would make our party night our first day, and we would not even arrive in WDW until mid-late afternoon, so going to another park wasn’t even a consideration.[/QUOTE]
Ohhh…great idea! I’m going to go to mousesavers and see if the dates are up and go from there.

If you don’t plan on going to a park, I would not buy a park ticket.

No I wouldn’t buy a park ticket either- we have been many times to this event and if you get in early enough there is plenty of time to just about see and do all- but dont miss the parade its spectacular!

Should I just go to Mk that day and do as many rides as we can and leave the party for the shows and parades and trick r treating?

Here is some information/dates for MNSSHP

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 2009

Tickets go on sale May 1, 2009
Hours: 7:00 p.m. – midnight, Parade at 8:15 and 10:30, Fireworks at 9:30

Advance Purchase Savings
$48.95 including tax (Ages 10 & up) and $42.95 including tax (Ages 3 to 9)
Day-of Tickets
$55.95 including tax (Ages 10 & up) and $49.95 including tax (Ages 3 to 9)
Advance sales pricing is available for all events except Sept. 19, 26, Oct. 3, 10, 16, 23, 24, 26, 30 and 31.

[QUOTE=M5ward;944800]Here is some information/dates for MNSSHP

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 2009

Tickets go on sale May 1, 2009
Hours: 7:00 p.m. – midnight, Parade at 8:15 and 10:30, Fireworks at 9:30

Advance Purchase Savings
$48.95 including tax (Ages 10 & up) and $42.95 including tax (Ages 3 to 9)
Day-of Tickets
$55.95 including tax (Ages 10 & up) and $49.95 including tax (Ages 3 to 9)
Advance sales pricing is available for all events except Sept. 19, 26, Oct. 3, 10, 16, 23, 24, 26, 30 and 31.[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much for the information! I’m probally getting tickets for Sept 15th. I’m soo excited I can’t wait. Now we need to figure out what to go as. :laugh:

the 15th is MissSMIG’s birthday… want to help us celebrate

You won’t need a ticket to the MK for that day if you have party tickets. you are able to enter the park as early as 5pm with the tickets however. They don’t even check park passes at the party entrance.