Any comments about the All-Star Music Resort?

My family and I are staying at the All-Star Music Resort during our vacation this August. This is the first time that we’ve EVER stayed on site. I am SO excited!! :laugh: Anyways, I was wondering have any of you ever stayed here & what was your experience like?

Personally I never stayed at the music BUT stayed at the Moveis and LOVED IT. We had the Toy story building and it was a very short walk to the main building. Ive stayed at Sports in the Surfs up building across from the main pool and loved it. This Sept we are staying at Pop. Im sure the music is the same as the rest.

I’ve never stayed at Music because it’s not really my style. However I have stayed at Movies and there is something to be said about staying at a Value. They have more Disney “magic” than any of the other resorts and you feel like your immersed in fun. It’s much better than staying off site. We started out only staying at Values and we loved them. Now we never stay there anymore…once you go moderate or deluxe it seems like you can never go back…but I do miss it!

Awesome! :cheshire: Thank you.

Yeah, usually we stay on International Drive because we go to the other parks. Last year we stayed at one hotel that was super close to MK. This year, however, I finally convinced my mom that we should stay on site.
And, from looking at the pictures of the resorts, it does look like it would be a lot of fun.

No prob!!! WELCOME TO MB!!!

Hope you enjoy the trip. When are your dates?

Once again thanks!! :laugh:
The dates are: August 16-20
I have it counted down on all of the calendars! lol

[QUOTE=Mansion Maid;966218]Yeah, usually we stay on International Drive because we go to the other parks. Last year we stayed at one hotel that was super close to MK. This year, however, I finally convinced my mom that we should stay on site.
And, from looking at the pictures of the resorts, it does look like it would be a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

It will be. You will really enjoy yourselves! Plus Disney transportation is wonderful…it makes the trip SO much easier!

[QUOTE=Mansion Maid;966223]Once again thanks!! :laugh:
The dates are: August 16-20
I have it counted down on all of the calendars! lol[/QUOTE]

Did you get the free dining plan? Im going Sept 10-20th and cant beat that deal…

Gosh, I can’t wait!!
Thank y’all for your help.

[QUOTE=Mansion Maid;966229]Gosh, I can’t wait!!
Thank y’all for your help.[/QUOTE]

NO problem at all. Your welsome. check out this website as well…
Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World
it will also give you a ton of advise and menus for places to eat. IF you got the free dining you NEED to make ARDs or you may never get into anywhere. You have to try Ohanas at the polly for dinner. Its my fav:heart: Great entertainment and great food!
Is it just you and your mom or do you have kids going?

Me, my mom, & my dad are going. No young’uns. haha
We thought about taking my younger cousin, but that didn’t work, so it’s just us.

[QUOTE=Mansion Maid;966243]Me, my mom, & my dad are going. No young’uns. haha
We thought about taking my younger cousin, but that didn’t work, so it’s just us.[/QUOTE]

Did you make ARDs anywhere yet? (ADRs= advanced dining reservations)
If not check out the link I gave ya and look at the menus. have fun planning

You, your mom and dad will have a blast. Any Disney hotel is going to be really great!!! I did see that the pool at music has piano keys along the edge. Looks like a fun place to stay.

I find no real difference between any of the 4 value resorts, other than Pop being 33% bigger than any one All Star.
Well, parking at Pop is a bit worse than the All Stars.

Stayed at the Music & Movies both and couldn’t really tell a difference in quality between the 2 except pools are 100% better at music. If you’re staying at Music call reservations and “request” your building. Rooms they can’t guarantee but buildings have never been a problem. Do 1 of 2 things, either pay the extra $15 a night for Calypso or else request front side of Jazz Inn if you plan to use dis trans. It’s a large resort and a long walk to Melody Hall for food, drinks & bus pickup. We’ve gotten close to the back of Browadway before and let me tell you, it makes a HUGH difference after a long day in the parks. Sports shares parking lot on the right with music so if you have down time walk over and check that one out too. They’re all fun.

We stayed at AS Music last year. It was nice and fun, but we stayed in Country Fair which is the farthest away from the lobby as you can get and my DH does not care for country music, so I often got an earful about the music while waiting for the elevator :pinch: My DS was just almost 2 and we chose to bring our own large stroller and drive to the parks, so it was actually usually convenient for us because we were able to park pretty close. The back pool was quite close, but of course, we chose to hike to the front where the wade pool is located.:blush:

Off subject but Atink are you north, south, east or west LA?

Southeast, between and north of Baton Rouge and New Orleans, so I have to worry, worry, worry about hurricanes. Hit by Andrew, Katrina, and Gustav. :eek: How about you?

NW, S.port/Bossier area. Only been mildly hit by the storms a couple times this far up, but weathered a few typhoons while living on islands in the far east. No way to evac so it was basically grab your ankles and pray! Ran from Hugo (i think) when we lived in SC.

We usually go to the world in Oct or Feb. Been once in June with perfect weather. How bad are the storms in FL in July? Worried about scheduling trip after next in July 10 because of that. 1/2 our party will be at SOG and other 1/2 will be at ASMus unless we can get all 26 at SOG.