Any experience with a late character breakfast buffet?

During our upcoming trip, we have a 10:30 ADR for Tusker House, and a 10:50 ADR for the Cape May Cafe.
Since breakfast is only served until 11:00, my questions are:

-Will the food still be ‘fresh’ at my scheduled times?
-How long after 11:00 are you allowed to stay?
-Does the character interaction end promptly at 11:00, or will they stay until all of the guests are gone?

If anyone has any experience with this, I sure would appreciate your comments.
Thank you!

Hello and welcome to MB! We have had one or two late ressies for character breakfasts and the food has always been fine. I think due to the high turn over of guests, the food is continually being replenished.
Our daughter too didn’t used to have any probs seeing characters either, however, I cannot answer your after 11 o clock question although someone on here will no doubt.
I can’t imagine Disney would let any child down so I wouldn’t worry I’m sure you will be just fine. (great choices too by the way!!)

That’s a really good question. We had a late ADR a few years ago at Crystal Palace and would not do that again. They were trying to get all the breakfast crowd out of there as fast as they could. Much of the breakfast foods were no longer available - they were trying to switch over to the lunch menu and so, they wouldn’t replenish what was no longer available.
We did not like it at all

We had a late ADR at Chef Mickey’s last month and I loved it!!! All the characters made their rounds and it was nice because it was a lot quieter than during peak times!! The food was still delicious!

[QUOTE=Dopey;942285]That’s a really good question. We had a late ADR a few years ago at Crystal Palace and would not do that again. They were trying to get all the breakfast crowd out of there as fast as they could. Much of the breakfast foods were no longer available - they were trying to switch over to the lunch menu and so, they wouldn’t replenish what was no longer available.
We did not like it at all[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh Dopey I am sorry to hear that- maybe its a different experience at different places- I would have hated your CP experience, thats not fair at all.

[QUOTE=scottabee;942282]During our upcoming trip, we have a 10:30 ADR for Tusker House, and a 10:50 ADR for the Cape May Cafe.
Since breakfast is only served until 11:00, my questions are:

-Will the food still be ‘fresh’ at my scheduled times?
-How long after 11:00 are you allowed to stay?
-Does the character interaction end promptly at 11:00, or will they stay until all of the guests are gone?

If anyone has any experience with this, I sure would appreciate your comments.
Thank you![/QUOTE]

I have done this at CPP and was pretty not happy with the food. Things were not being refilled when they ran out and lots of the offerings they normally have were not there. CP is my favorite character breakfast and we go every trip, but will never schedule the late seating again.

We always do our breakfast late 10 or 10:30 at Ohanas and we have never had a bad meal or noticed the characters leaving. They have always made their rounds to our table and we have never been rushed. The food keeps coming fresh and hot.

We had a 10:30 am ADR at Donald’s Breakfastosaurus in 2002! We loved it - the best character interaction we got the entire trip. We were one of the last groups there (we were travelling with another family), and the characters just played with us while our parents ate and talked and took pictures. Back then, I didn’t pay too much attention to the food. I seem to recall my dad complaining about it (either that or the price! :laugh:… or probably the way they split the ticket). But the kids all had a grand time. They didn’t rush us out or anything. When we were left, there was a line for Restaurantosaurus, though. (It was the Fourth of July!)

Our favourite breakfast buffet was 1900 Park Fare Lane. I’d make a reservation for the latest breakfast time possible on an early morning entry day at the MK. We’d be at the MK at opening and we’d have a good half of the park done before we’d leave for breakfast. The food was always fresh and hot (the best breakfast buffet at WDW IMHO) and the kids got lots of time with the characters because the crowd was usually thinning out by then. Then we’d either go back to the MK or take the monorail to Epcot. We wouldn’t need to eat until dinnertime.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

I have a similar situation with 1900 Park Fare. We have an ADR for dinner at 8:20 (they only serve until 8:30).

How is the character interaction this late? I know that sometimes Prince Charming will dance with Cinderella. My DD would love to see this.
Do you think we’ll miss it, due to our late ADR?

Thank you again.

We love to have late breakfasts, and I think your experience might have to do something with whether or not the restaurant serves lunch or not. I think since CP serves lunch, I could see why it would not be the best choice for a late breakfast. We have had very good luck at Ohana’s and Chef Mickey’s, and in two weeks we are trying a late breakfast at Cape May. I will let you know how it goes!

I had the last seating at CMC when we were there in December. It’s wasn’t crowded, but the food was all there and HOT! The characters actually gave us EXTRA time, since we were the last seating. I’ve never booked a breakfast before 10am . . . and I’ve never had a problem.

I think CP just needs an overhaul or something. Reviews for it have lately have NOT been good at all! I actually talked my Dad out of it for our May trip. We’re going to try BOMA, can’t wait!

We had a late breakfast at OHanas last trip and it was brilliant. It was much quieter than usual because there was only a few families left and the food was fresh and piping hot! The character interaction was great because they had few tables to get round so they tended to stay alot longer than usual and come back a few times aswell. Im pretty sure by the time we left we were the last ones in there and they still brough us extra potatoes and waffles! Yum! I definatly preferred the later breakfast, it was more like a brunch so we stayed fuller through most of the afternoon

We had late breakfast at Donald’s gig in the AK and at Ohana’s. No problem with either. In fact they made it a point to check w/us at O’hanas to be sure we saw everyoine and got enough time.

We always do late character breakfasts (like around 10:50am) so that it serves as “lunch” and we don’t miss morning touring time. We have done this twice at Ohana and once at CM’s. They were all perfect, we weren’t rushed and got plenty of character time. Food was great.

Ohana and CM’s don’t do lunch, so I guess they have no reason to rush you out. They certainly didn’t.

Ohana only does breakfast (character), but Chef Mickey’s does breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;942592]I had the last seating at CMC when we were there in December. It’s wasn’t crowded, but the food was all there and HOT! The characters actually gave us EXTRA time, since we were the last seating. I’ve never booked a breakfast before 10am . . . and I’ve never had a problem.

I think CP just needs an overhaul or something. Reviews for it have lately have NOT been good at all! I actually talked my Dad out of it for our May trip. We’re going to try BOMA, can’t wait![/QUOTE]

Oh I think you will love Boma. As much as we love CP, the last two times we went, we also were a bit disappointed.

Can’t wait to try it! We were suppose to go Christmas Day, but I canceled knowing that there was NO WAY we were going to make a 10 am ressie.