Any extra room charges

Hi,
Dolphin charges $ 10/day resort charge plus $ 9/day parking fee.
Used to be able to opt out of the resort charge, but not any more.

Does WDW charge anything extra for any of the Epcot resorts???

Thanks.

Frank

i knew of the $9 parking fare but never heard of the $10 resort charge. What does that cover?

[QUOTE=fjs08;913659]Hi,
Dolphin charges $ 10/day resort charge plus $ 9/day parking fee.
Used to be able to opt out of the resort charge, but not any more.

Does WDW charge anything extra for any of the Epcot resorts???

Thanks.

Frank[/QUOTE]

The parking at the resorts is free unless you use valet parking. I’m not sure what they are charging for that. I never have a car with me to park. Resort change fee to me implies that they will move your stuff to another resort for that $10 fee.

>>i knew of the $9 parking fare but never heard of the $10 resort charge. What does that cover?<<

2 bottles of water, internet, USA Today,… I can’t think of anything else. In '07, one could opt out, but as of '08, you couldn’t.

One think I do like about booking at the Swan/Dolphin is the speed. I call, give them my Starwood number and make the reservation. I called WDW to get some info on rooms and it took forever. Had to choose language/what did I want/specify that/enter phone number/have I stayed there… 3 questions of that, then the CM asks my name, who is staying with me, last visit, how many total visits, verify address, verify e-mail address, Yikes!! I just want some pricing!!!

Frank

A resort fee can cover almost anything. I’m not sure what Disney counts in it but some motels count anything from access to health clubs to pool towels. Bottom line: It’s another way to make money.

>>A resort fee can cover almost anything. I’m not sure what Disney counts in it but some motels count anything from access to health clubs to pool towels. Bottom line: It’s another way to make money.<<

WDW doesn’t charge one, I don’t think. Health Club is in the room rate, at least at Epcot resorts. Health Club USED to cost upward of $ 60 total for a length of stay-family package.

Frank

We had to change our Spring Break reservation for our 1st night of our trip from 2 adults to 3 (Mom decided to fly with us) and they’re charging us another $10 for the 3rd adult. Could that have something to do with a resort charge? Our other nights we’re staying on points at BWV so we never feel any additional charges.

>>and they’re charging us another $10 for the 3rd adult. Could that have something to do with a resort charge?<<

Don’t know about that. Not sure. I thought you could put 4 in a room???

Frank

A resort fee and charging for an extra adult are two separate things. As far as I know the Swan and Dolphin are the only ones charging a resort fee but when I checked pricing it went up for more than two adults.

The Swolphins are not Disney hotels- WDW hotels do not charge the two extra charges that the Swolphin charges (“having a car in our parking lot” and “mandatory resort fee”).

[QUOTE=fjs08;913726]>>and they’re charging us another $10 for the 3rd adult. Could that have something to do with a resort charge?<<

Don’t know about that. Not sure. I thought you could put 4 in a room???

Frank[/QUOTE]

You can put 4 in a room, but if more than 2 are adults, you get charged $10 per person over the 2. Don’t have any reason why…they use the same amount of water, towels, soap, bedding, etc. Whatever. I’ll pay the extra $10, beats another $150 for an additional room.

>>You can put 4 in a room, but if more than 2 are adults, you get charged $10 per person over the 2. Don’t have any reason why…they use the same amount of water, towels, soap, bedding, etc. Whatever. I’ll pay the extra $10, beats another $150 for an additional room.<<

Is that at the Dolphin and/or WDW resorts? You are right though about the $ 10 vs another room charge.
Frank

[QUOTE=A Goofy Family;913786]You can put 4 in a room, but if more than 2 are adults, you get charged $10 per person over the 2. Don’t have any reason why…they use the same amount of water, towels, soap, bedding, etc. Whatever. I’ll pay the extra $10, beats another $150 for an additional room.[/QUOTE]
Actually, one could say that kids use more water and towels. I just look at what my boys use and how many showers they take and towels that end up on the floor after only one time use :pinch: